Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Journey Song Set  (Read 5516 times)
kidrose

« on: January 04, 2008, 02:18PM »

Hey everyone,

This is for anyone who might have been at the taping of A New Journey at Slane Castle.

The other day I was watching ANJ that I had taped from my local PBS station and I was startled to hear (I was out of the room) and then see Newgrange come on directly after The Prayer instead of Caledonia like on the DVD.  I also noticed some other differences from the PBS broadcast as compared to the DVD, besides the songs that they did not show (i.e., The Blessing, Panis Angelicus, You Raise Me Up and At The Céili playout)

****THIS IS NOT TO START A CONVERSATION CONCERNING THE CONTINUITY OF THE DVD.*****  I think that they do a wonderful job and each dvd is better than the last. 

I would just like to satisfy my curiosity as to the order of the songs as it was performed live. 

Also, the burning question for me is was Spanish Lady and You Raise Me Up done as an encore.

Thanks for your help.

Rose  Wink
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:21PM »

I think PBS left some songs out because of a time thing.  They had to take some out to get it to the length they needed it.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31PM »

It's lucky for me I've heard the entire thing. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 05:56PM »

Same thing in the Christmas DVD. It was not in the same order as I saw performed over there except for "Let it snow" at the end. Order doesn't matter to me as long as it is all there. You may also notice that "Vivaldi's rain" is on the CD and in the concert we saw in the states but not on the DVD or PBS airing of ANJ.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:42AM »

The DVDs do have a full set when it's all complete.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39PM »

As I remember that songs on the Christmas dvd as I heard and saw when I was the tapings in Dublin. Example would be Carol of the Bells as the first song and to Let it Snow as the last song. Except on the first night a longer break after the third song due to machine break down Then they when through the entire set. And the second night they got the snow coming down better than the first night Wink
celticguy94

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 05:09PM »

I taped all the PBS brodcasts of the Celtic Woman DVDs and have noticed some diffrences between the PBS airings and the actual DVDs.

Celtic Woman: "The Soft Goodby" and "My Lagan Love/Somewhere" are switched around and "Send Me a Song" was missing. (Which is a shame because it is a lovely song.)

A New Journey: "Newgrange" and "Caledonia" are switched around. "The Blessing", "Panis Angelicus", "You Raise Me Up", and "Celi Playout" were missing. Also, the TV brodcast had titles at the bottom of the screen similar to the first DVD that had the song title.

A Chrismas Celebration: "The Wexford Carol" and "Let it Snow" were missing. Unlike the two first DVDs there was no "Opening Seqence" that introduced the women but the TV brodcast did have one. this brodcast also had song titles when the song started.

Also, all the TV brodcasts had more audience shots. This youtube video show the women performing "O Holy Night" at slane castle. This was not on the DVD or TV brodcast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-8jYpa1-o
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 05:13PM »

So, they must be the songs they're missing?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 11:02AM »

A Chrismas Celebration: "The Wexford Carol" and "Let it Snow" were missing.

Let is Snow was performed on TV.  That Night in Bethlehem was the other one missing.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36AM »

That makes a difference. I bet all Celtic Woman fans can see them differently on the screen.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: