Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Thunder: Your thoughts?  (Read 69934 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2008, 08:04PM »

And we do a great job also. besides, we got Rich

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2008, 11:27AM »

I just checked out Celtic Thunder's forum and couldn't believe in the short time they have been around their forum fans have got us beat 2 to 1, where are all the people we speak to at concerts and tell about our site. Do they just not join?
Theirs is an "official" forum, with a link from their main web site.  Sharon Brown posts on it personally, quite often.  They attract a lot of casual fans who register, post once or twice, and are never seen or heard from again.  Take a look at their stats for topics and posts.  Both totals are far fewer than ours.  They're a fine group and I wish them every success.  But comparing a fan forum to an official one is like apples and oranges.  Since we are unofficial, CW does not promote us and our members have to seek us out.
yes a lot of people sign up just to do it to be a fan then dont post. On MySpace, the carrie underwood page has 17,000 fans, but few ever seem to post. On a MySpace political discussion group that I am in, there are 336 members but only like 10 post with any consistancy. The statistics can be deceiving at times.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2008, 12:42PM »

My thoughts? Well, it's intresting. I was in the tub when my parents (and the rest of the family) were watching it. I like it. I'm not sure about the youngest. He looks like he's 11, though he's 14. Or 13. I liked their voices. I liked their version of That's A Woman, and, I was a bit sad that the original guy didn't get the girl.

Anyway, very good job, Sharon, and the rest of the gang!!!!

LKF

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2008, 03:16PM »

That's A Woman is sorta like CW At the Ceili. The guy you don't expect gets the girl! Grin
KiernanKate
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52PM »

I'm not sure about the youngest. He looks like he's 11, though he's 14. Or 13. I liked their voices.
LKF

Damian is actually 16 now I believe, and his voice has been changing lately.... growing deeper, which I'm sure will just give it an even nicer sound, and richness to it. Yes it is kind of sad Paul doesn't get "the girl" (name is Zara Curtis), but I love the slap she gives Ryan Kelly "The dark destroyer" in Heart breaker..... and according to her, it was all real too.  Cheesy Grin
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2008, 06:06PM »

Damian will be 16 in September.

I haven't paid much attention to the group after my initial excitement about another celtic group. To me, nothing can come close to CW, though.

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43PM »

I'm still not sure about CT.  Huh Maybe I'll join their forum and see if anything happens. I'm debating on wether I should buy their cd or not. (But THK finally have got me hooked!) Grin CT's talent is amazing to be sure. I guess the song selection is sorta (no offence intended)... odd? I mean the majority of it isn't even celtic! Maybe if I can somehow get past the "celtic" part i'll like them better.
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34PM »

I like Celtic Thunder - there is no reason we can't enjoy both groups as well as THK.  It has been said already that comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges, we all have our favorite, but no reason why we can't have, and enjoy both - or all.  After all there is enough difference in men and women already - but we definitely need both !    C.W forever !!!

rosie l

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2008, 08:19PM »

I kept getting snaches of Celtic Thunder on PBS. So I bought the DVD to get the whole picture.  I absolutely love them.. Keith is my favorite. Each singer is a unique talent.
I don't think I have to choose between one group or another. While CW will always be dear to my heart, there is room for other groups to be enjoyed too. " Ireland's Call " is a real show
stopper.

Rosie
Charlie Brock

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2008, 08:25PM »

Watch the entire DVD (and extra's), through the eye's of the family's and friends that were at the filming and appreciate the individual talents of these men and boy's.
The Orchestra and Band directed by Phil Coulter is fantastic. True it may be a mix of personalities and music that's a little Celtic and a little bit Rock N' Roll, but it works. I didn't know
these five talented singers before Celtic Thunder was released, but I'm very happy to be entertained by them and be introduced to new singers, young and younger.
They all seem energized and thankful to be selected to sing as a group and individually, under the direction of Phil. I've heard he's....let's just say difficult at times, but the
music he writes and piano he plays is the message I want.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13PM »

Is it me or do they so almost country?

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Gerard

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2014, 11:30AM »

Alas, I have some very bad news, which I haven't seen on this forum. George Donaldson passed away on march 13th, victim of a heart attack.

http://www.celticthunder.ie/node/1026758

Sad  Cry

He will be sorely missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz-v7FdzE8
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2014, 05:46PM »

Alas, I have some very bad news, which I haven't seen on this forum. George Donaldson passed away on march 13th, victim of a heart attack.

http://www.celticthunder.ie/node/1026758

Sad  Cry

He will be sorely missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz-v7FdzE8

Already posted. Sorry. Sad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2017, 07:54AM »

Watching Keith is like Lisa Kelly
Watching George is like Meav
Watching Damian is like Chloe or Mairead C
Watching the new members like CW's New Member's.

I'm not comparing by the singing, but just in performance expression. Grin

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Gerard

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2017, 09:48AM »

Celtic Thunder has just released a new album, called Inspirational, featuring many religious and spiritual songs, such as "Crying in the Chapel", "The Preacher and the Stranger" (if yoiu don't cry while listening to this one, you're dead), "Down to the River to Pray", "Kindred Spirits", "How Great Thou Art", and "You'll Never Walk Alone". A very good album, which I listen to these days while going to and returning from work.

https://www.amazon.com/Inspirational-Celtic-Thunder/dp/B074ZSC4L3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506872586&sr=8-1&keywords=celtic+thunder

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: