Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Thunder: Your thoughts?  (Read 70067 times)
Jason

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 02:34PM »

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=2332.0

Grin

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 02:34PM »

with 2 new groups taking up time and energy, is there a new CW show  in the works ..... ANJ theme can't last forever or can it?...
Let me Know...
Bill
I posted this way back in October.  Nothing has changed since then.  http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=2332.0

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
JByrd

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 03:48PM »

I can't wait for this one!!!!!

John

Emma_Lee

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 05:00PM »

Ok so I feel a little behind. Let me get this straight. David Downes and Sharon Browne put together Celtic Woman than each has gone and done their own guys group. And CW is promoting David's. Am I right? Because I could be way off here. The whole thing still kinda confuses me. While I'm asking questions, which do you guys think has more promise just based on what you've seen?

Thank you, Siobhan!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 05:07PM »

Okay, one more time.  Sharon created Celtic Woman, with David as the musical director.  Sharon left Celtic Collections prior to the New Journey concert.  She and Phil Coulter are now producing Celtic Thunder.  Celtic Collections is producing The High Kings.  I'm not going to speculate or try to predict the success of either one.  Both groups are made up of talented, professional performers, and have great production teams behind them.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 05:11PM »

I personally feel that talking about "replacing" CW is unnecessary - neither of the two new groups, Celtic Thunder OR the High Kings have to replace CW.  I don't see why we can't just like them.  They don't have to be our new favourites and they don't have to replace the Celtic Woman girls.  For most of us Celtic Woman will always be our favourite.  But I also already love Celtic Thunder very much, and am interested in the High Kings.  So, I'm just going to happily like all of them.  I think they all deserve success and I'm proud to say I'm a fan of each of the three.  Whether or not one ends up being a bigger hit is not my business to speculate.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 05:15PM »

Did someone say something about "replacing" CW?

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19PM »

I didn't mean replace them professionally, but as a favourite.  I believe someone said something to that effect earlier on in the thread.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
m.k.c.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 07:49PM »

As we know, after Celtic Woman, we're going to get Celtic Man in march. The site is up (http:celticthunder.ie), with some nifty clips (this week, they have the opening number, Heartland), Amazon is pre-selling the cd and dvd (you can listen to the CD clips as well). So, what do you think? Will it be as much a success as Celtic Woman? How would you rate the choice of songs? And the singers themselves? Enquiring minds want to know.

No one can ever replace Celtic Woman for me.

I assume this is the post Siobhan was referring to.
Emma_Lee

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39PM »

Oh, gotcha. That clears things up. I didn't mean to make it sound overly competitive when I said promise. I just meant as far as their similarities to CW goes, not that it matters that much in the long run. I think they both look like amazing groups.

Thank you, Siobhan!
gr8twh

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 08:51PM »

I went and checked out both of gents sights and saw there demos. Thunder site clip is very impressive. Good looking guys
great voices but there is just one thing. To cookie cutter. The guys and the camera angles made me laugh. Lots of glitz here.They remind me of a"boy band" or male models on the cat walk. When I read  that Phil Coulter was in charge I laughed again. Everything began to make sense now. He gave  us young girls (years ago)The Bay City Rollers. Probably the very first boy band to hit the states. (And if my memory serves me right was he not accused of some questionable buisnes dealings with those boys?)

My overall view of Celtic Thunder is .....schmaltz. I only hope the rest of the show helps us find there own identity. How convenient that they found a 14 year old boy  a la Chloe. He is cute I will give you that but does he have to sing Puppy Love? As it is now I just find them as a knock off of  the our beloved Ladies.

As for the High Kings. Wow, what a complete change from what we all experience wth the Girls yet just as exciting. However just as fresh and exhilarating. Truly another facet of David Downes that sparkles at every note.
And these ladies in my humble opinion are MEN!!!!!! Not some GQ cover boys.

When all is said and done I think each group of men will find a very loyal fan base. I will say this I just dont think one can or should try and re-create for capital gain a special gift that was created in Celtic Woman.

Americans are fiercly loyal......maybe thats the bit o'irish left in all of us.  Wink

Best of luck Gentleman.

WOW......I AM REALLY STANDING!!!!!
Pianoman14
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 07:20AM »

It's rabbit, because everytime I see a CW show advertised I go hopping down the road to see the ladies.
HAHAHAHA! Too funny.
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 12:28PM »

Did someone say something about "replacing" CW?

CW is forever!

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 04:59PM »

i just heard about the new CW show in the planning last week ......mention of it has been out for several months in an obscure thread.....something this important should have it's own topic under important announcements or a news article header off to the side of the home page with date and location to be announced, right under the Deirdre tour info or above it...... or should this be strictly CW Ltd. only information to be annouced on CelticWoman.com
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 05:37PM »

i just heard about the new CW show in the planning last week ......mention of it has been out for several months in an obscure thread.....something this important should have it's own topic under important announcements or a news article header off to the side of the home page with date and location to be announced, right under the Deirdre tour info or above it...... or should this be strictly CW Ltd. only information to be annouced on CelticWoman.com
If you're talking about Celtic Thunder - that is the Sharon Brown/Phil Coulter production, it's been discussed at some length on the forum (http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=2914.0), and it has absolutely nothing to do with CW or Celtic Collections.  The new show from Celtic Collections is The High Kings, and we've added a new category and new boards dedicated to that show.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: