Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does CW have an effect on your relationships with anyone?  (Read 6337 times)
Spookyfish
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:44AM »

To me, I don't consider many people in my life that "close".  But to those that are very close to me (not family unfortunately), it brings me closer to them - because deep down in my heart i know that they somehow share common interests or our ways of thinking are similar.  I really admire people who take a passion into writing (poems, short stories, etc) and people who can sing, dance, draw, or play an instrument.  I think CW not only enhances our "passion" about ourselves as individuals, but it makes us more passionate about the people we love.  I think the greatest impact CW has on me, is the closeness I have with the loved ones in my life.  What's your input on the impact of relationships in your life from CW?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 03:24AM »

I got an e-mail just before Christmas that started something like....

"Hey Mike,

Merry Christmas! I realized the other night that I haven't talked with you in a while as I was flipping channels and came across PBS. They had on that show with those Irish girls you are always talking about."

So some people have come to think of me and the girls together. I am not sure thats such a compliment for the ladies, but I can live well being forever linked with them.   Smiley

Some people though are not as enthusiastic about my efforts to  "convert" them into CW fans. They arent rude about it, its more just an 'oh no here it comes' eye roll kind of thing.  Roll Eyes

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
celtic_fiddler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:07AM »

My father loved the CW ladies.  Since he passed away a few months back, I think of him a lot when I listen to their music.
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:51PM »

People always associate me with them to. My mom once called me the Infamous CW Stalker! Cheesy

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 03:17PM »

My Friend Briar Rose and I became friends through CW. I  attend a Bible study at her family's house and one time brought ANJ to lend it to them. She was instantly  hooked and we started talking about them and watching the dvd together and the rest is history.

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Texas Chava

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 03:23PM »

My students for sure.  This is the second year I've introducted by classes to Celtic Woman and it still amazes me how memorized they are.  When we play the dvd, "A New Journey" (and I've played it twice in class already), you can hear a pin drop, or them quietly singing along.  My kids from last year still tell me about hearing them on tv, watching the Christmas video, etc.  It has become a true source of new bonding for my students and myself.  Thanks CW.

Banner by Scott
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 03:26PM »

Yes, it does. One person that I'm friends with was listening to her ipod when I saw "The Celtic Ladies" listed. I asked her if she had heard of CW. She said she had and has the ACC cd. I was so suprised. Cheesy

Texas Chava

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 03:52PM »

I like your countdown meter on your post Snookie.  I have to come back often and check yours to remind myself of how much time we have left (I'm way too lazy to add one to mine).  You may meet one or more of my students too, since they are all bugging their parents to get tickets!

Banner by Scott
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 03:58PM »

off topic: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I'd love to meet your students.

JRRacing64
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:54AM »

To be honest when I first got into Celtic Woman I was very underground about it as I didn't know how my friends and family would react. But as time progressed I slowly told them I was into them. Which everyone has been pretty cool about it, My girlfriend was surprised by it but she's into them as well so it wasn't a real big deal. My Dad was a hard sell but he seems to enjoy them as well which surprised me lol. It's kinda funny how in the beginning I was so secretive about everything for nothing. lol
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 04:53PM »

To me, I don't consider many people in my life that "close".  But to those that are very close to me (not family unfortunately), it brings me closer to them - because deep down in my heart i know that they somehow share common interests or our ways of thinking are similar.  I really admire people who take a passion into writing (poems, short stories, etc) and people who can sing, dance, draw, or play an instrument.  I think CW not only enhances our "passion" about ourselves as individuals, but it makes us more passionate about the people we love.  I think the greatest impact CW has on me, is the closeness I have with the loved ones in my life.

I agree with this totally. I think now at school I'm acting like me more than I did before and I love to sing more than I did. CW has also drawn be closer to some of my teachers and friends. I'm beginning to show more of who I'm and not what everyone else whants me to be.

made by JRRacing
Moscapoet
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42PM »

Yes, it has given me an even stronger connection with God. He has and continues to use each of them as lovely instruments to touch the souls of people. My prayer life has been far more active, and I'm so very grateful for the inspirations that have come from it all. That relationship with The Lord creates new relationships then with everyone I meet. If you want peace in the world put everybody in a room and pipe in CW. You can't be angry or hateful with them in your eyes and ears.   
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 12:54PM »

Yes, it has given me an even stronger connection with God. He has and continues to use each of them as lovely instruments to touch the souls of people. My prayer life has been far more active, and I'm so very grateful for the inspirations that have come from it all. That relationship with The Lord creates new relationships then with everyone I meet. If you want peace in the world put everybody in a room and pipe in CW. You can't be angry or hateful with them in your eyes and ears.   
I agree, Mosca. From the beginning, I had this feeling that they were about as close to angels as I would see on this earth...
However, most nights, I pop in the earphones, and doze off to CW (usually ANJ, but the Christmas Celebration the other night...) so when my wife talks to me, she seems jealous a little, if I still have the earphones in....so I popped out the plug just as Lisa was singing The Blessing..her favorite song!! No more criticisms... Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:56PM by Charlie'sAngels » Logged
Moscapoet
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:06PM »

Awwww, snuggling with your wife to "The Blessing". Does it get any better than that? The Spirit clearly works through them and they would be a lovely accent to the closeness within a marriage. Falling asleep to Lisa, I've done that and it created many new inspirations. Grab the one you love, gently, put in some CW, and then look into each other's eyes and let it wash over you. Try that on Valentine's day.  Grin
Michon
Bodhrán Player

Dismantle Repair

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 05:45PM »

CW has made me get alot closer to my family,especially my older cousin.Their music has got me interested into music alot more,now more than ever.CW has also made me get closer to my friends alot more than before.I get so inspired by their songs that I write songs and poetry.I'm starting to show a very different side of myself,a more caring side.My cousin,Colleen got me hooked onto Celtic Woman and till this very day I'm still hooked.And I like it alot!I'm so glad that I'm into their music,if I didn't know who Celtic Woman were I wouldn't be on this forum.Since I joined this forum,I've met new people who are really nice.I guess CW has made me get closer to knowing everyone on the forum. Smiley

"Hands like secrets are the hardest thing to keep from you. Lines and phrases like knives your words can cut me through. Dismantle me down(repair). You dismantle me. You dismantle me."-Anberlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: