Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Over the Rainbow" -- my version  (Read 5095 times)
ADiego

« on: May 05, 2007, 06:48PM »

Hey CW fans! I wanted to share with you my MySpace music page, because I thought you might be interested in listening to my cover of CW's "Over the Rainbow." I've used all the same harmonies and layered my voice over itself many many times, creating a four-part sound. I'm a baritone, and so it's a very different sound, but I wanted to share it with you all:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=170245180

Vocal layering is a method I've been working with for a while now (I also do an a cappella version of Regina Spektor's "Fidelity"), so I hope you enjoy it. And thank you, CW, for introducing such beautiful arrangements!

~Andrew Diego
fireyred09
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 07:05PM »

It's very different from the CW sound, and almost eerie hearing the same voice layered that many times, but you have a very nice voice! And you harmonize very well! Good Job!  Smiley

Your version of "Fidelity" is really nice!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 07:13PM by fieryred09 » Logged
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:03AM »

That's really nice, Andrew. Our church choir could use your voice!

Caite

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:37PM »

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for sharing. Vocal layering and harmonizing with yourself isn't easy so kudos to you! You've got a great voice too.
Keep singing!

<3 Caite
(who just sent you a friend request  Tongue)
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 05:32PM »

Andrew,

Thank you for sharing your MySpace page!  You have a wonderful voice!  I really enjoyed your version of Over the Rainbow!  Kudos!   Smiley

Coleen

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
ADiego

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:18PM »

Thank you all for your kind words! I really appreciate that the members of this forum value this type of a post, so again I thank you for taking the time to listen.

I've also recorded CW's arrangements of "Somewhere," as well as original versions of many of their other songs. I don't want to come off as simply advertising, as I'm here to, above all, celebrate the genius that is CW, but if you're interested in my music feel free to email me at ahb06@hampshire.edu. Love to hear from you!

Cannot wait to see the ladies in Boston on June 10th!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 06:12PM »

It sure is a similar kind of type in my case.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: