Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancestors, hmm?  (Read 61043 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 12:24PM »

Cheesy
Kate, the expression is actually Céad Míle Fáilte.  It's Ireland's motto, and it means "One Hundred Thousand Welcomes."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
KiernanKate
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 12:27PM »

ooops ... Ty Rich for the correction... seems I still have a lot more Irish to learn lol. Slan!!!!
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 08:48PM »

Hey guys and gals  I am 50% IRISH and 50% POLISH. My grandparents came from county Cork, WALSH is the sir name.  I must be the only polish Leprechan besides my brothers Wink

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 08:11PM »

My Gram Gilhoolys Maiden name is Mallough.

Wickiexx

You Dont Say!!  Wink

<3 Lauren aka Seeeesssy

<3
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 08:57PM »

I just found out the other day from mi pa that we are from County Mayo, County Cork, and Dublin. I was excited to find that out!!!

<33 Lauren

<3
McIrish

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 09:59AM »

You had 3 parents? (lol)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:03AM by McIrish » Logged
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 11:10AM »

LOL not that i know of....  Huh

<33 Lauren

<3
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 10:12AM »

Grin Grin

I talked to my uncle...Mullins.....Clare, Tippary,
My husband's Mother.....O'Cassey ....Limmerick

and we are visiting these places in about a month Grin

mainopsman

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 12:30PM »

My daughter married a Cassidy.  Now I have two lovely grand daughters who are Cassidys.   They asked me about their name and if it was Irish. I told them it was.  This made them both quite happy.

Last week I presented each of them with a pin bearing the Cassidy coat of arms and the name Cassidy, as well as a few other things with the coat of arms on it.  In addition I had made each a booklet of the origin of the name and where it originated in Ireland as well as some stories famous Cassidys in history.  This of course came with the grandfatherly lecture on how important it is protect ones good name.  Now the two of them ages 8 and 10 are reading everything they can find on Ireland. 

Family history should give one pride not only in themselves, but also in the hard work those who came before have done to make the American Dream live.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 06:28PM »

Awwh Jim!! thats soo sweet!!

this is quite interesting..this building i think people might know by the kirby center, was once owned by our comerford relatives!
Comerford Theatre!!

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/delaware/com.htm

here's a bitsy of a backround on it!!

we have loads of relatives over here, didn't know that till a bitsy of a time ago!!

Wickiexx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 08:43PM »

Alls I know is i am part Lithuanian, irish, welsh, french, and english.... I havent done much research

Maggie
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 12:19PM »

Alls I know is i am part Lithuanian, irish, welsh, french, and english.... I havent done much research

I wouldn't even try if I were you......it would give you a headache!
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 10:32PM »

On my mother's side, I'm mostly Dutch, my grandpa was born in The Netherlands and they moved over here when he was a baby.  There is also French on my mom's side and I don't know what else. 

On my dad's side, we're Scotch-Irish and possibly also French and I don't know what else.  I only know 5 nationalities for sure from both sides: Dutch, English, French, Scottish, Irish.  I don't know anywhere near enough details about my ancestral history for my taste.  I want to learn so much, but I don't know how to go about researching it and I don't have money to pay anyone to do it for me.

Jeanine

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 07:22AM »

Wickie...cool theatre. The past is pretty cool Grin

Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 09:15AM »

The Girls Performed there!!! i hope their coming back next year to The Kirby..Dad calls it the Comerford Theatre REMIX now lol

Wickiexx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: