Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Recording of CW is excellent  (Read 6575 times)
Barefootsteve

« on: May 07, 2007, 03:49PM »

As much as I love the ladies voices and (wow do I) I would like to acknowledge Andrew Bolland (CW recording engineer) for his exceptional work. I have compared for example Chloe's version of "Walking In The Air" with that done by Annie Haslem and Chloe's version is so much brighter and full of well...air giving it  a soft sweet quality not common in most recordings I hear. I have been trying to find the best blend of EQ, desser and compression to get this effect.

I have tried to get Mix Magaizine (pro audio trade publication) to do an article on CW and well Im still holding my breath. I have a feeling I'm going to be alone in this thread as I'm not sure how many CW fans are recording enthusiasts but I just want to pay homage to Andrew and David for the wonderful work they do in the studio

My studio is always open to CW!

Dreamer
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:29PM »

Hi

I'm not a recording person but I do have a program called "Garage Band" which you can do recording (more like mixing) stuff on and I've played around with some CW stuff, also I agree with you Chloe's version of WITA is the best I've heard so far, well thats all I have to say might have been off the point but didn't want you to be alone  Smiley

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Barefootsteve

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:43PM »

Hi Western Rose!

It's OK to be off point as I really doubt I'll run into another audio engineer here.

Another Chloe favorite of mine is Vivaldi's Rain. When I saw her sing it in Radio City she got quite an ovation! You could hear her giggle she was so pleased. Apparently you can't easily back off those mics. Anyway hearing her giggle made my heart melt.

Steve
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:32PM »

Can I see who is the pro recorder of Celtic Woman?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: