Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Family Tree  (Read 6428 times)
mainopsman

« on: May 07, 2007, 05:33PM »

The problem with shaking the family tree is that you never know who is hanging in it.  Or, what nuts will fall out.  I'm sure if we all look hard enough, we will find them all.

JIM Grin

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Maggie
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:47PM »

The problem with shaking the family tree is that you never know who is hanging in it.  Or, what nuts will fall out.  I'm sure if we all look hard enough, we will find them all.
JIM Grin

How true Jim!

We all have nuts in our family tree I'm sure. I know we did.
We had more than our share of rebels, a few poets and writers, a sprinkling of heroes and a Champion Boxer (two-legged not four).
mainopsman

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:46AM »

Maggie:

I agree with you, we all have nuts in the family tree, but to be honest they do give a great deal of color to the family history.

My family like yours have, been rebels, being thrown out of Germany in the early 1700's and another part of the family in the middle 1800's.   Those who came to the states went on to become local officials, Government leaders, engineers, military learders (having fought in every war since the French and Indian War), business men, merchants, doctors, teachers and monster truck champions.   But we too have had the few, that we always joke about or not mention in mixed company on both sides of the ocean.   I still after all these years, don't know where I will fall into family history, but I have never claimed not to be a nut. God Bless.

JIM Smiley

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: