Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emily's (LONG) Jacksonville REVIEW!!!  (Read 27140 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« on: March 06, 2008, 09:23PM »

Oh gosh, this is so long. I'm so incredibly sorry guys, but it's my first show! I coudn't help it!

PART ONE!!!!!!!!!

Jacksonville, Fl – March 5

Otherwise known as the greatest night EVER in the history of everything!!!

BEWARE!!! THIS IS SUPER RIDICULOUSLY FANTASTICALLY LONG!!!! Sorry!

First, I want to send HUGE APOLOGIES to Rich & Sons, Maggie and Dave, and the Colonel and his wife for not sticking around after the show to chat more and say a proper goodbye. I did speak to the Colonel afterwards and we talked briefly about how much he loved the show, but I didn’t get to say goodbye to the rest of you and I feel very, very badly about that. I was rushing out because my Dad was waiting for me and he is not the most patient of people. I knew I really couldn’t dawdle because he would be really annoyed and I just didn’t want to deal with that after such an amazing night. There’s always NEXT TIME (Oh God, I hope there’s a next time!)! If I had been alone, I would have stuck around. :/ Please accept my humble apologies!!!!!!!

It was amazing to meet everyone though, and of course it was an honor to say hello to the Colonel and his wife. I really hope he liked the signed guestbook.  Smiley Celtic Woman definitely has some of the nicest fans on the planet!!!!!

So, this was my first CW show, and really there were many firsts for me here. I don’t really go to concerts that much, simply because there really aren’t many I want to see or are worth it to travel to see, and I’ve never been half as close at ANYTHING as I was at this CW concert.

I was in the 7th row center. Now, some of you first row veterans might be scoffing at that, but remember that this was a first CW show and really a first REAL concert for me, so I was in “7th heaven” (LOL  Grin). I wish I had been in the front row though, I would have rocked it! The people next to me were nice and I, like the good forum member that I am, educated them on all things Celtic Woman!

Again, it was fantastic to meet all of you forum members, and Maggie, even though you weren’t in the trademark sequined jacket, I still recognized you pretty quickly! (Mostly because I knew where you were sitting and I spotted your red hair as well as Colonel Allen from the ABC News video, hehe!).  Grin

General Observations and Funny Things That Happened:
- I was very overwhelmed when the show started. As I told Chris during intermission, I nearly went into cardiac arrest when Máiréad first came out. The first few numbers I was like…sweating because I was so excited! After a while though, I calmed down(haha) and got REALLY into it! I could barely believe that these five women were this close to me.

- Right before Granuaile’s Dance started, some lady a few rows in front me yells out to Máiréad something like “GO GIRL!!!! YEAH!!! YOU GET IT GIRL!!!” causing me to crack up completely, lol.

- During Sing Out, a pipe or something fell and made this really loud clanging noise! Ooops!

- **I am OFFICIALLY CLAIMING to be the person to START the standing ovation after Mo Ghile Mear!!! Rich stood up a couple of seconds after I did, and I was glad that he did because I was feeling a little odd standing there alone. Then after we stood up, everyone else followed suit. Forum members really do start everything!!!**

- I was hoarse after the concert from all of the cheering! I clapped when they wanted us to clap and I was practically bouncing out of my seat!

- I really did sing during Sing Out, I mouthed ALL of the words during At The Ceili (and, well, almost every song lol), and I did the Spanish Lady shoulder shrugs!!!

- It was “The Voice” that made me start missing Lisa.  Cry I just really, really missed her. I know there will be another concert at some point next tour that I’ll go to, so I hope I’ll still have the opportunity to hear her do this song. It’s my favorite CW song. However, it appears that our Lisa was a bit, err, occupied last night! Haha.  Cheesy

- Oh, hello mysterious extra verse in The Sky The Dawn and The Sun that some people have talked about! Never heard you before! Nice!

- I did indeed buy a tour program but that was it. I thought about getting a shirt but then never got around to it, and by the time the show was over and I actually wanted one, I didn't have time to get it. Sad Maybe I'll get one online...

Part II is coming up, kids!  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:25PM »

PART TWO!!!!!!!!!

So now, individual by individual (Gosh, this is getting long. I am so, so sorry.):

Chloe: So adorable with her little giggles and skipping off the stage! She was just how I imagined her, no different. I loved when she blew Des a kiss after his solo during The Prayer! She’s so full of energy and what a voice!

Orla: LOVE THE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks GORGEOUS on her. It’s a perfect cut. It was incredible to see her play the harp. She rocked that thing for REAL! I watched her hands very carefully and man, the harp looks hard. I can’t imagine singing and playing that at the same time. Orla, you are such a talent! I had Carrickfergus in my head all day today!

Alex: Okay, I LOVE Lisa. She is amazing and probably my favorite CW girl (tied with Máiréad), but Alex was AMAZING!! She wasn’t Lisa, but she was still fantastic and I enjoyed her so much. She is 100% MADE of Musical Theatre (in a good way). You can really hear it in her singing. She has great stage presence, great personality and great interaction with everyone. Her version of “The Voice” was very different in my opinion, and again, I was really missing Lisa during this song. Alex was fab during At The Ceili though, that was one of my favorite songs of the night! She really worked it out!

Lynn: Loved her version of Dulaman! LOVED it! One of my favs of the night! Lynn sings so beautifully. This was my first time hearing her (except for on Skate for The Heart..) and I really enjoyed it! Go Lynn!!!!!

The Choir and Musicians: Okay, how much do I love Ray and Nicky? A LOT!!! They were awesome and so good at getting the crowd going! Rock on, guys! It’s really fun to watch them. They’re so talented. The rest of the band was fantastic too, especially Des. The choir was great. I immediately recognized Una when they all walked out, as well as Julian and the famous Amy Rivard! They did a fantastic job as I knew they would. Good to see Julian as the cute poor guy in At The Ceili, lol. He’s such a cutie!  Wink

Máiréad: I left Máiréad for last on purpose, because there’s going to be a lot to say here. All hail Máiréad Nesbitt, Official Queen of the Universe. THIS WOMAN WINS AT LIFE! This show was completely, 100% all about Máiréad for me. When she first walked out, I really almost lost it completely. I was in complete awe and felt really emotional. For the rest of the night I was focused on her. I found myself even desperately trying to get her attention! She was smiling, stomping her feet, making cute faces (and THE LOOK!), being energetic, running around, etc. and it was more than I ever imagined it would be. She was ON FIRE! It was like she just drank a Red Bull! She just completely mesmerized me and I found myself unable to watch anyone else when she was on, I just couldn’t look away from her. I also found myself getting nervous when she would appear because I just couldn’t BELIEVE it was her standing in front of me. She looked different to me than what she looks like on the DVDs and things. Her hair was different, I guess? She’s SO unbelievably beautiful in person (and so tiny, hehe!) that I was almost taken aback when I first saw her. She stole the show in my opinion. Lisa Kelly better watch out, because Máiréad is quickly stealing the top spot for Emily’s Favorite Celtic Woman! LOL! I was so hoarse after the show from yelling “YEAH MAIREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!” a number of times. I try not to be biased when it comes to the girls, but I did cheer the loudest for M. (Don’t tell the others!) Wink I would have sold my left arm to be in the front row and be able to interact with her a little bit. Next time, next time. One things remains: Girlfriend can rock that violin like there ain’t no tomorrow!!!!!! Grin

All in all, an amazing night. It’s been a tough and emotional year for me, and honestly, CW has kept me going through the bad. I’m a little sad now, because it’s over and I’m afraid I’ll forget everything. I want to be able to picture this in my mind forever. CW really does raise me up, and last night was so special for me because I realized how much they mean to me and to all of us. This is why we love them. This is why we travel to see them and spend our hard earned money. This is why.  Smiley

So to Orla, Lynn, Chloe and Alex: You were amazing last night and made me realize how much I love you. Thank you for one of the best nights of my life and the most amazing experience. I’ll never forget it as long as I live. It’s etched in my mind and heart forever.

And to Máiréad, girl, you rocked the house last night. You made me believe in you and in your talent even more than I did before. Last night just solidified my admiration and respect for you, and it made me realize how much I look up to you and adore you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times thank you. You made my night, my year, my century, my lifetime. It was all about you last night, and it means so much to me. Thank you.

You know what, guys?

It’s darn good being a Celtic Woman fan. Darn good.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:10PM by EmilyinFL » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:27PM »

Great review!

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31PM »

Fantastic review.  Thanks for sharing.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:33PM »

Miz Mairead sure can fiddle some!!! Cheesy

Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37PM »

Great review
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37PM »

Emily,

And you say I remembered a lot! Wink
Wonderful review.  No, trust me, not too lengthy.  The more, the better.  Especially on your first concert.  I'm glad you were so close....

And you got to meet some core members of the forum!  How cool is that? Wink

Thank you for sharing it with us! Smiley

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Jack

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42PM »

Great review, Emily!  After about the second show, I ran out of words to describe Mairead.  Now I just say I worship at her feet!  Grin

Glad you had fun------that is what it is all about.

Jack
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:46PM »

Thanks for you great review.  It was awesome hearing about your very first CW concert!! Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:52PM »

Emily,
Now you will have to shake off the pixie dust (Maireadium someone calls it,I wonder who?), and see how long it takes you to come down from cloud 9!
Great review! I couldn't have described the first CW concert nearly as well as you! You will probably have flashbacks to the show, and recall more over the next few days..I did after my first CW show in Tulsa. Grin

2B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 09:53PM »

Incredible review Emily!!!
I just relived my first show through you. As far as the whole forgetting everything goes. I wouldn't worry about that. Personally everytime I put on a cd, or dvd I relive the shows I've been to. Plus lucky you, you got to spend the evening with the Ropes, and my buddy Maggie. Although I am troubled by one thing in your post. Maggie wasn't wearing the green sequins? I may have to have a talk with her about that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Glad you had such a wonderful time, look forward to meeting you at a show in the future.

Bob

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 09:56PM »

Very nice review. Were you excited at all?  <g>

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 10:01PM »

Incredible review Emily!!!
I just relived my first show through you. As far as the whole forgetting everything goes. I wouldn't worry about that. Personally everytime I put on a cd, or dvd I relive the shows I've been to. Plus lucky you, you got to spend the evening with the Ropes, and my buddy Maggie. Although I am troubled by one thing in your post. Maggie wasn't wearing the green sequins? I may have to have a talk with her about that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Glad you had such a wonderful time, look forward to meeting you at a show in the future.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! I really feel like I will be able to relive it when I hear the music, and that's so exciting. Smiley

Maggie told me that she couldn't find the sequined jacket!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked You WILL have to talk to her about that!

Very nice review. Were you excited at all?  <g>

Jim

Nah, not excited at all. It was all rather dull, really.  Roll Eyes  Grin

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 10:07PM »

Emily,
Now you will have to shake off the pixie dust (Maireadium someone calls it,I wonder who?), and see how long it takes you to come down from cloud 9!
Great review! I couldn't have described the first CW concert nearly as well as you! You will probably have flashbacks to the show, and recall more over the next few days..I did after my first CW show in Tulsa. Grin

2B

Thanks, 2B!!! I've definitely been sprinkled with a hearty helping of pixie dust. Just thinking back to our pixie...I mean...fiddler...at the show last night gives me chills!!!!!

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 10:11PM »

So, Emily?  You may have been a bit vague here...let me see if I've got this down right...you enjoyed the show, yes?   Cheesy Grin  Seriously, that was a very fun review to read.  Feel free to add to it at any time and make it even longer!  Sounds like your first CW live experience was pretty incredible!  And what an honor for you to be able to meet Col. Allen, his wife, the Ropes family, and Maggie!  Talk about starting out with a bang!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: