Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emily's (LONG) Jacksonville REVIEW!!!  (Read 27170 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 10:23PM »

Very nice review. Were you excited at all?  <g>

Jim

Nah, not excited at all. It was all rather dull, really.

Yeah I believe it was all rather dull. Grin I was in the audience in Tempe last year when our fiddling pixie was injured and few peolpe saw it. Dwight saw the actual thing happen while I was able to watch her at a different advantage point.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 10:23PM »

Aw. So glad you had a great time Emily! Cheesy

<3 Lauren

<3
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 10:29PM »

So, Emily?  You may have been a bit vague here...let me see if I've got this down right...you enjoyed the show, yes?   Cheesy Grin  Seriously, that was a very fun review to read.  Feel free to add to it at any time and make it even longer!  Sounds like your first CW live experience was pretty incredible!  And what an honor for you to be able to meet Col. Allen, his wife, the Ropes family, and Maggie!  Talk about starting out with a bang!

Yes, sorry about not being too clear there! I did enjoy the show. You know, it was alright and everything...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Mike

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 11:19PM »

Enjoyed reading your review very much Emily.  Lots of fun and excitement.
I'm glad you had a great time.  Been there, done that, want to do it again, and again, and again..!
Thanks for sharing your exciting time at the show... Grin
Mike
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 05:20AM »

Emily, that wasn't much of a review...sheesh... Wink

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You sound like ME after my first show last April 5th!...except I was focused on LISA  Cheesy. But you had better seats than I did (row 13).

AWESOME REVIEW!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 07:09AM »

What a great review, Emily!!!!  I go to my first show in Chicago next month and my second a week later. Would it be OK if I just " Copy and Paste" your review? ??   I SURE couldn't write one that good!!!!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 07:49AM »

Great review!
Glad you enjoyed your first concert.
My next one is in 2 weeks
can't wait!        Grin

Dave
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 08:55AM »

Emily, that wasn't much of a review...sheesh... Wink

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You sound like ME after my first show last April 5th!...except I was focused on LISA  Cheesy. But you had better seats than I did (row 13).

AWESOME REVIEW!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks, Mel!!!!! Cheesy I think if Lisa had been there I would have had such a difficult time because I would have been trying to divide my attention between her and Máiréad! Lisa and Máiréad are pretty much tied for favorite for me, but I think because Lisa wasn't there, I just kinda fell back on Máiréad! It was crazy fun, though. CRAZY FUN!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 08:56AM »

What a great review, Emily!!!!  I go to my first show in Chicago next month and my second a week later. Would it be OK if I just " Copy and Paste" your review? ??   I SURE couldn't write one that good!!!!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

You're going to love your first show!!! I think the first show is a pretty spectacular experience for everyone so I can't wait to hear your review!!!

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 09:41AM »

Emily - Thank you for a GREAT review.  I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.
rosie l

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 10:17AM »

Hi Emily , 

I really enjoyed your review!!
Did you happen to notice the Fiddler at all??  The tiny lady with the blond hair?? Grin Grin Grin

Rosie

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18AM »

Hi Emily , 

I really enjoyed your review!!
Did you happen to notice the Fiddler at all??  The tiny lady with the blond hair?? Grin Grin Grin

Rosie

Yeah, I might have seen her once or twice! What was her name again?
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 01:03PM »

EMILY !!!!

So glad you had such a great night.....are you experiencing CW concert withdrawal yet???

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 02:44PM »

EMILY !!!!

So glad you had such a great night.....are you experiencing CW concert withdrawal yet???

Zee

VERY much so, actually. I woke up this morning and all I could think about was how long it was going to be before I'd see them again. This was my one and only concert for this tour.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry It's harder than I thought, lol.

Moscapoet
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 03:23PM »

Ahhhh Emily, what a fun review. I can feel all of your excitement coming from your keyboard. I am soooo very happy for you and that marvelous experience. Too long a review? Not a chance. Many of us love to revel in the joy of each moment. You'll have to go some to keep up with some of my very windy reviews so no worries!!  Wink Row seven is not a bad seat at all, it's just that some of us get a bit spoiled. My first CW concert was last spring in Albuquerque in row 20.

What great impressions of the show and the ladies. You've been bitten by a little Irish bug whose itch you'll just keep wanting to scratch. Mairead? Awwww, Yes you have been duly doused with pixie dust from the Maireadium mines. BTW, it doesn't wash off, not that you'd want it too.  Roll Eyes. I find myself doing the same thing as you. Whenever she is on stage I find it difficult to look at any of the others. She has so many expressions and moves even when she tries to stay in the background. I dearly love the entire ensemble, and like you, Lisa is really a very close second and I miss her. However, Alex is marvelous as her stand in and a wonderful talent in her own right. See, what did I say about being long winded?  Roll Eyes Grin

Thanks again for the great review Emily! I'd love to share a concert with you and experience Mairead live together with an avid Mairead fan. Now, go put some pixie dust in your coffee and savor the flavor. Perhaps a Lisa special  Roll Eyes 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: