Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emily's (LONG) Jacksonville REVIEW!!!  (Read 27166 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 03:56PM »

Thanks again for the great review Emily! I'd love to share a concert with you and experience Mairead live together with an avid Mairead fan. Now, go put some pixie dust in your coffee and savor the flavor. Perhaps a Lisa special  Roll Eyes 

Thank you very much, Scott! It was such an incredible night and Máiréad made it so. I am completely covered in pixie dust and almost 48 hours later it still has not come off (not that I even want it too)!  Cheesy I am so, so, so ready to see them again and again and again. I have the image of Máiréad standing on the edge of the stage mouthing "Thank you!" to everyone at the end of the show and I hope it NEVER leaves my mind! Such a special fiddler we have! I feel so blessed and so thankful to have been given the opportunity to see them and see them so very close up. I'll never forget it.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 04:19PM »

By the way, to anyone who was wondering, even if she didn't get to stick around after the show, Emily was a delightful person to meet, very enthusiastic and funny and smiling the whole time like crazy. So thank you, Emily, for adding to a wonderful evening and being a really great person to find on this forum.

Chris

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 04:32PM »

By the way, to anyone who was wondering, even if she didn't get to stick around after the show, Emily was a delightful person to meet, very enthusiastic and funny and smiling the whole time like crazy. So thank you, Emily, for adding to a wonderful evening and being a really great person to find on this forum.

Chris

Wow, Chris! Thank you for those kind words!!  Grin It was great to meet with you and everyone else too, and as I said before in my review, I am so sorry I couldn't stick around to chat more with you all. I really, really wanted to and had I been alone at the show I would have. It was nice talking with you during intermission!!! Hopefully during the next tour we'll all get to meet up again and talk more! I'd really love to get to know everyone better. Celtic Woman fans (or, more specifically, forum members) are some of the nicest people in the world, although that just doesn't surprise me.  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Maggie
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 06:29PM »

.......... Emily was a delightful person to meet, very enthusiastic and funny and smiling the whole time like crazy. So thank you, Emily, for adding to a wonderful evening and being a really great person to find on this forum.

I absolutely agree!
I haven't had time to add my thoughts yet, I've been working all day.....and am about to make dinner.
So just a quick note.....

I will fill in about meeting Col. Allen and his lovely wife Sarah later......
We got to the Arena which is huge, and were shown to the fourth row. This was around 7:10pm. We had already seen Rich, Eric and Chris.
I have to say I do not like an Arena-type setting for Celtic Woman, but it's better than nothing. The seats were not comfortable and too close together, just cheap folding chairs.
But we were determined to make the most of it.
My first thought after being seated was...."now, where is Emily?"
We were in F-1 section, on the left when looking out from the stage. We were on the 4 seats next to the aisle, just across from section F-2. Rich and sons were across the aisle from us. So I looked at the few rows behind them......and saw a pretty, vibrant young lady giving me a radiant smile and a wave......YES, that must be Emily!
And so it was.....but we were not able to talk until the interval. Then it was introductions and hugs all round. What a delight!
Now...about the green sequin jacket......sadly, i could not find it!
So i wore an emerald green blazer-style jacket.

It is usually hanging in my closet. I thought back to the last time I wore it.....for the Irish Club Christmas Dinner. I remember as I took it off, I was thinking "this thing is getting old and has lost a lot of sequins. But I can't throw it away!"
I think I turned it inside out and put it in a "space bag", intending to have it cleaned and revived. But i can not remember where I put it!!!
I WILL find it.....and keep you posted.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 06:30PM by Maggie » Logged
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 06:45PM »

.......... Emily was a delightful person to meet, very enthusiastic and funny and smiling the whole time like crazy. So thank you, Emily, for adding to a wonderful evening and being a really great person to find on this forum.

I absolutely agree!
I have to say I do not like an Arena-type setting for Celtic Woman, but it's better than nothing. The seats were not comfortable and too close together, just cheap folding chairs.
But we were determined to make the most of it.
My first thought after being seated was...."now, where is Emily?"
We were in F-1 section, on the left when looking out from the stage. We were on the 4 seats next to the aisle, just across from section F-2. Rich and sons were across the aisle from us. So I looked at the few rows behind them......and saw a pretty, vibrant young lady giving me a radiant smile and a wave......YES, that must be Emily!
And so it was.....but we were not able to talk until the interval. Then it was introductions and hugs all round. What a delight!
Now...about the green sequin jacket......sadly, i could not find it!

Maggie, I couldn't agree more about the seats. They were really uncomfortable and ridiculously close together. I am a bit, er, claustrophobic and I'm not good with crowds, so needless to say the first few songs after The Sky The Dawn and The Sun (after I got over my official shock of seeing the girls, lol) were actually kind of rough for me. I almost had a panic attack because I felt very trapped in those seats. I talked myself through it though because I didn't want to ruin the night! By the time Chloe came out to sing The Prayer I was much better and back to normal again! It was rough though!

It was wonderful meeting you and wish I could have stayed to talk more and see Colonel Allen receive the guestbook! Again, I apologize for not saying a proper goodbye.

Oh, and I hope you find your jacket!  Grin

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:28PM by EmilyinFL » Logged

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 08:18PM »

Great to hear a fun time was had by all.

The "Jacket" is missing..................hmmmmmmmmmmm  We can't have that.  Sisters......What shall we do....

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25PM »

Don't look at me..I can't find my way out of a paper sack  Smiley

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 07:35AM »

Okay...first we have to get Mel outta the paper sack.....

Maggie....where shall we look?

Back to Review.... Grin

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 10:02AM »

Great to hear a fun time was had by all.

The "Jacket" is missing..................hmmmmmmmmmmm  We can't have that.  Sisters......What shall we do....
We sisters will have to take up a collection for Maggie! We can't have her representing us without the sequins! LOL

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 12:16PM »

I vote on a collection to go buy her a new one...but I haven't seen green sequin anywhere!

Soooooooooo....who can sew?

Maggie
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 02:36PM »

I vote on a collection to go buy her a new one...but I haven't seen green sequin anywhere!
Soooooooooo....who can sew?

The problem is......I bought that jacket in a Thrift Store......they get a lot of "end of line" new stuff in there, and the jacket still had the new label on.
It was meant just for me.....I walked straight up to the rack it was on, and bought nothing else.

The price? $4.99.....can't beat that, or hope to find another!

Maybe Saint Anthony might help me find one though.......

Anyway, I know I still have the old one somewhere.

We kept finding green sequins all over the house and car..
...on the dog's bum......in his bed....

I have ordered something else with green sequins, you'll be seeing that next time......

And I did wear my green sequin shoes on Wednesday night......

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:38PM by Maggie » Logged
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 06:45PM »

Okay....O'Malley didn't eat it...did he......getting back for the organge juice incident? LOL...ouch!

Good luck finding it!  At least you had your shoes! Grin

FiddlerBoy303

You will find her On the Fiddlers Green!!

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 02:17AM »

Coming into the Arena To Sit..I swear I saw a woman in a Green Squined Jacket with Red hair ^.^   But i cant remember....I was in a daze that whole night...I really couldnt believe where I was and who I was about to see!!!! I felt the same way as Emily did the whole night!!

(On a Side note, Just like Emily officially stated....Im sure I was one of the First people to start clapping for our dear fiddler on either The Butterfly, or The Contradiction...She blew me away on both of those songs.....I love it when I get chills ^.^))

paige
Honorary Roadie

Live Life to its Fullest!!

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 09:49PM »

its a little late but.. AMAZING REVIEW! Simply Fantastic!!!! it was a pleasure to read and not too long. i'm sure if i ever get to write a review it will be super long! thanks for sharing! lets hope i get to see them next tour because this is making me want to really bad!!! even more than before!! and you're absolutely right, it is darn good to be a celtic woman fan. darn good. Cheesy Grin

Thanks Mel!

Rest In Peace Margaret Ann Pater. 6/2/25-4/6/08
I love you Nana.
FiddlerBoy303

You will find her On the Fiddlers Green!!

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 12:17AM »

I still have lingering bits of Maireadium all over me...and to think I get to see em AGAIN in a few months...and this time IN MY TOWN Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: