Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At the White House  (Read 16362 times)
Woody

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 09:23PM »

I've been wondering about this too... I came across these White House photographs (some featuring Celtic Woman - ya-hoo!!!) this evening;  I found them at the Orlando Irish Site.  I apologize if someone has already posted this (I searched the Forum and did not see any references).

Excerpt from the site:
2007 Trip to the Whitehouse

Jim Bomford, Byron Underwood, and John Desmond of the Florida Irish GOP were invited to a reception at the residence of the Irish Ambassador in Washington, D.C. on March 15, 2007. They also received an invitation to a
St. Patrick's Day Celebration at the White House on March 16, 2007.

General Information:
Photos contain the Irish Embassy Residence, Chief Justice John Roberts, Sen. Ted Kennedy, John Desmond, Prime Minister Bertie Ahern and Ambassador Noel Fahey and wife, Ann Byrnes his aide and staff, Justice Antonin Scalia, "Celtic Woman" who performed for President Bush and guests at the White House, President Bush after the concert, US Marine Corp sextet, Congressman Chris Smith of New Jersey, Sir Hugh Orde Chief Constable of Northern Ireland and aide, Jim Bomford, Margaret Delacour Northern Ireland Activist, Byron Underwood, Nick Gutierrez, Grant Lally, Irish GOP members and Seal of the President of the United States

Here's the link:
http://www.orlandoirish.com/photo-album/2007_whitehouse/index.php

Hopefully, the official photographs will be released soon ...

Enjoy!

Woody
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:26PM by Woody » Logged
KiernanKate
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 09:29PM »

Okay I had to take a double take of one of those ... Ray and David were there !!!! wooohoooooooo
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 10:29PM »

Thanks Woody those were neat! Smiley
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 11:31PM »

Thank you for posting that Woody!  I had wanted to see pictures of them there...

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Maggie
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 03:14AM »

It's just a matter of finding out who did the shooting...

I POSTED THE FOLLOWING BEFORE I READ WOODY'S POST.
I GOT THOSE PICS IN MARCH FROM JOHN DESMOND, WHO WAS OUR REPRESENTATIVE INVITED TO THE WHITE HOUSE St. PATRICK'S PARTY.

A friend of mine did! (Unofficially)
He was invited as a member of the AOH (Ancient Order of Hibernians) and took some photographs which he sent to me. They were general shots of Pres Bush and the crowd, but you can see the CW ladies in the background.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:54AM by Maggie » Logged
Celeste

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 03:39AM »

Pictures at last!!!

Now, if only someone could find a video -- or if CW could post a vid recording of the performance themselves, when the official site is updated...

Maggie
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02AM »

Pictures at last!!!

Now, if only someone could find a video -- or if CW could post a vid recording of the performance themselves, when the official site is updated...

The first few pics are at the Irish Ambassador's residence.
The guy speaking who is not wearing a green tie is Bertie Ahern, An Taoiseach.
The girls are seen in the White House.
John said there was no video recording.
Celeste

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 05:37AM »

John said there was no video recording.

What a pity. CW should at least have had one of their extended team members video this historic event for posterity.

Just out of curiosity, who is John?

Maggie
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 11:14AM »

Just out of curiosity, who is John?

He is John Desmond, Treasurer of the Irish American Cultural Society of Central Florida, which I usually refer to as "our Irish Club".
I was President from 1998 to 2000 but didn't get an invite to the White House! Sad
John is also a member of AOH (Ancient Order of Hibernians) and the Florida Republicans.

He is on the left in this photo:

KiernanKate
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 11:20AM »

Maggie sorry for the silly question but who is the man with the green handkerchief.... somehow I just think I know him from somewhere... and as for the green and black tie, all I can say is Dude hes from Gryffindor!
Maggie
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 04:23AM »

Maggie sorry for the silly question but who is the man with the green handkerchief.... somehow I just think I know him from somewhere... and as for the green and black tie, all I can say is Dude hes from Gryffindor!

As I said, John Desmond is on the left. (He was born in Cork, came to the USA as a child)
He sends me e-mails almost every day on Irish matters. We don't always agree but we have some lively debates! He is at all our events, ceilí etc.

I haven't a clue who the others are......I'll have to ask John. The photos were taken with his camera.
The one with the green hankie has to be an American politician! Grin

I don't get the "Gryffindor?Huh? yes I know it's a house in Hogwarts....Harry Potter etc.....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:24AM by Maggie » Logged
Kelsey

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 02:22PM »

I'm glad that I got to see a couple pics of the ladies in the White House!  What an awesome experience for them!

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 02:16PM »

At last! Here's a picture of Chloe and the girls with the President of the United States!

I love Chloe's hairstyle in this performance. She really outdid herself in beauty for this very special occasion. Too bad there isn't a video.

Picture from the amazing new Celtic Woman site, of course...

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43PM »

And Bush is between the two youngest members of the group.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 03:09PM »

Who's Chloe between?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: