Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray Fean  (Read 38637 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36PM »

Nice one Scott
Scott

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 01:47PM »

I love the wallpaper!!!  Thanks!!! Do I have your permission to use it on my desktop?

hehe Yes of course you may use, that is why I posted it for you.  Smiley  I'm glad you like it.  Smiley

celticatheart

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:13PM »

I was going to create a post for this, but I think it fits here. My Mom is a HUGE Ray and Nicky fan and she found some photos of Ray I had never seen before, even on here.Here's the link, please let me know if this has been posted and I'm repeating something.

Sarah

http://www.emirecords.co.uk/commonground/mi/fean/fean.html

Moscapoet
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 01:16PM »

Nice find! Thank you! Those guys are great!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 01:20PM »

Oh yeah I saw that a few weeks ago. It was nice to read that.

Thanks Lindsey
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 04:59PM »

Does anyone know how old that article is?

-Kit
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 05:17PM »

Does anyone know how old that article is?

-Kit
I think it's from 1996.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 06:58PM »

Thanks Rich Cheesy.

-Kit
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 07:00PM »

Speaking of Ray Fean....

I was looking at his bio on the CW site. Does anyone know what a Rockabilly band is? Is it a type of Irish music?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it... (note to mods)

-Kit
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 03:38AM »

Rockabilly music, the group Stray Cats comes to mind. Check out this link for a perfect example!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHNuY-nptGo

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 03:41AM »

Ray Fean ... being a drummer myself (although nowhere near the talent/skill level of Ray or Nicky) is my favorite drummer. (Nicky too, by the way). These 2 two guys got it 'going on' up there. I watch them both, a lot, when at CW concerts (if I can peel myself away from Orla, that is) and they are both extremely talented drummers/percussionists!! They both have a 100 things going on at once. Multi-tasking at it's best, one could say. Ray is such a skilled, talented and adept drummer that I think he could be reading an intensely interesting novel or, dining on an exquisite 9 course gourmet meal or both ... while playing the drums in each song without every missing a beat!! I play drums. And I can tell you that Ray is one of the best, most talented drummers out there. Nicky too is one of the best, all-around multi-faceted percussionists you could ever hope to find. I hope they both remain with CW for, well, forever.

Celtic_Kit ... A "Rockabilly Band" (or, "Rockabilly music) is (was) a genre of music mainly of American desent and not Irish. Buddy Holly could have been considered a good example of "Rockabilly". Elvis, in his earlier days, would have/could have fallen into this catagory. Possibly Carl Perkins too, at some stage of his career. But this was mainly a '50's' (slash) early '60's' American thing and has (pretty much) died out over the years. Not many folks from (this) 'modern era' ... if you will ... 'get down' to "Rockabilly" too much anymore.

Perhaps someone else can add to this.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 11:07AM »

CW2Fan=Bill, you have it right also swing or big band is a sound too that is mixed in. I too played drums for 20+ years. And styles and/or playing is different for each of us Wink.

Craig
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 04:17PM »

Rockabilly music, the group Stray Cats comes to mind. Check out this link for a perfect example!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHNuY-nptGo

Anderpaw ... How right you are. After I had posted this morning (Monday) about "Rockabilly", it hit me ... Brian Setzer!! The Stray Cats!! The Brian Setzer Orchestra!! Now that folks IS indeed a more 'modern era' form of the musical genre "Rockabilly". Brian Setzer. This cat can rock and swing with the best of them.

Celtic_Kit ... for you.

(Thanks for nudging my memory Anderpaw).

... Bill
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 03:36AM by CWFan2 » Logged

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22PM »

CW2Fan=Bill, you have it right also swing or big band is a sound too that is mixed in. I too played drums for 20+ years. And styles and/or playing is different for each of us Wink.

Craig

Yeah Craig ... "Swing" could too be included/incorperated into "Rockabilly".

(You no longer play drums Craig)?

... Bill

cjensen

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50PM »

Ray & Nicky is the heartbeat of Celtic Woman.

Both are very talented, enjoy performing and have tons of fun doing it!
Both are men of high honour because they follow thru on their promises.
Both always have time to say hello.

I've had the good luck in meeting Ray & Nicky a few times. First at Slane (for ANJ DVD),
Helix (for Xmas Celebration DVD), Boston and West Palm Beach.  Each time a pleasure!

Hope everyone gets a chance to meet them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: