Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wickie  (Read 9496 times)
Celtic Jenny
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:57PM »

Dear members...

Brian and I would like to initiate something for Wickie and her family.  He wrote to her mother tonight asking for a mailing address.  I also am writing to the CW administration to ask for their help.

Would any members of the forum like to do something for Wickie and her family?  Maybe send flowers or cards? Something...

Please post your ideas here. If there is enough interest we will initiate something for them.

Love, Jenny & Brain
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:56PM »

Sounds like a good idea. Let us know what you come up with.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 04:54AM »

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=415.0

Please continue to post your get well wishes to Wickie at the above link.

In the meantime, Brian and I would like to initiate a get well gift from the members of the forum... One of us or Rich will be posting something soon..
Jenny
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 06:09AM »

Folks,

This is a photo of the gift we'll be sending Wickie, from all her friends on the forums:

Here's the description from the FTD web site:

"Worries disappear with the "Worry Box®." A special gift to lift the spirit of a friend or family member. Made of blue velour, it comes with three handspun crystal angels nestled in velvet, with an inspirational message silk screened onto the lid's interior. Each angel has a halo plated with 18-karat gold and accented with 16 Swarovski crystals. It reads "This box is for your worries. The aches within your heart. A place to lock away your fears, where love and hope can start. So keep this box beside you, and know how much they care, for when you need peace and joy, the angels will be there." Plays "Wind Beneath My Wings." 5-1/2" wide X 4-3/4" long."

Donations are not necessary for the gift; we've got that covered.  But we would like to try and raise a little money to help with the family's expenses during this trying time.  If you can possibly help, send a PM or an email to Jenny, Brian or me and we'll give you the PayPal account information.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:51AM by OldFatGuy » Logged

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 07:07AM »

Wickie is my adopted Little Sister so you know I am with you all the way..

never thought I would miss the cell phone calls  Cry

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 07:11AM »

That is so cool. Angels to watch out after her.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 08:57AM »

That is a beautiful gift . I am sure it will mean a lot to her. Thanks Rich, Jenny, and Brian for your generosity on behalf of your fellow forum members.

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 02:23PM »

The gift is beautiful, the perfect choice.  All my prayers go out to Wickie with this little gift of angels!

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Siobhan Comerford

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 02:31PM »

This is a request from both my husband and i,

We would not like for guests at the hospitol, she is not going to be here all that long and if anyone would want to send anything, please send it via mail to our home, my youngest son and my middle son are traveling home today. and they will pick it up if needed. its just for her privacy.

Thankyou,

Siobhan and Billy

Banner By Scott!!
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 06:01PM »

I have her address... if anyone would like to send her a card... please email me directly for the information.

Thanks, Jenny  xx
jenny.fedei@gmail.com
McIrish

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 06:16PM »

Please count me in! Although I've only been on CWF for a very short time,looking back on threads with wickies' comments she sounds like a wonderful young lady.I have only one problem,web tv! If you could pm e-mail me an address or po/box I'll send off immediately.As with Cathy,Wickie will have a prayer chain of over 3000 people praying fo her until she is well again,which I pray will be very,very soon.These are all folks who,as they get older,and are not up to doing as many physical things as they'd like too,offer prayer to those who need it or request it.I know how wonderful they're prayers have been,as I've been healed of cancer 3 times.Prayer is the single most effective agent to healing i know,& I pray it will be for Wickie!God Bless you child,and your family.Mc
Meldy

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 12:07AM »

I wish her the best and she's a wonderful girl.  Excellent gift Rich.

Banner by:  Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: