Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247155 times)
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2008, 06:01PM »

Rich!!!  Coolness, you're doing well!  Be sure you stay that way, and that's an order, mister. Wink

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2008, 06:21PM »

Yay, Rich is home!!!! Grin Cheesy Grin

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2008, 06:23PM »

Yay, Rich is home!!!! Grin Cheesy Grin

Everybody back to behaving!  Oh wait that just applies to me.  Cheesy *puts out the Fire*  Grin

Thanks Lindsey
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2008, 06:37PM »

We're relieved you're home and our prayers have been answered for the moment!  While you're convalescing, do yourself a favor and don't watch Paddy Chayevsky's movie "Hospital" with George C. Scott!   Cheesy

binti

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2008, 07:10PM »

Rich, you are still held very close in the thoughts and prayers as you recover from surgery and keep up the good fight. 

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2008, 09:59PM »

So glad you were able to come home today!! Smiley  Keep taking care of yourself and continue to get well!  You are loved!!  As binti said:

Rich, you are still held very close in the thoughts and prayers. 

(((Big Hugs)))

Jeanine

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15PM »

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!!  (Thank you, Mary Poppins, for providing the perfect word).

That is great news, Rich!  I'm glad they decided to spring you - There's no place for really beginning to feel better than home, with those who love you.    *hugs* to you, Chris and Eric.

Now the next phase of your recovery and welcome home is some serious feline therapy, and of course, you have one other decision to make:  Where the best place to put the wonderful drumhead Nicky and Roisin gave you, so that you have a view of it, and it can put a smile on your face.   Smiley  Smiley

You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  Smiley

Lots of Love,

Jeeves

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2008, 04:16AM »

Yep, there is no place like home. Welcome back, Rich! Smiley

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2008, 07:20AM »

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers.  This hasn't been an easy year for the Ropes family, but the kindness of all our dear friends on these forums has made it immeasurably easier.  I can't begin to tell everyone just how grateful I am.  People from all over the world - literally - have reached out to us, and it's truly humbling and touching.

The surgery went fine.  I think it might have been tougher for Chris and Eric than it was for me.  I was unconscious. Cheesy  There was one minor complication.  My bladder took a long time to recover from the anesthesia, so I spent two full days with a catheter (a very unpleasant experience!).  But Chris brought me home last night, and this house has never looked so good.  It all took a lot out of me, and I'm pretty sore and beat up, but I'm well on the road to recovery.  I'm disappointed that the loss of sight in my left eye is apparently permanent, but at least I'm alive to complain about it.  I should be getting the results from the final blood work this week, to see how well the chemo worked.  But the very fact that they haven't told me anything yet gives me a hint that it was successful and the disease has gone into a stable phase.  I'm taking the old "no news is good news" approach.   Wink

Again - thank you all for everything you've done - and continue to do - for me and my family.  I love you all.

Rich

p.s.  Caitlin, thanks for cleaning up after yourself.  I saw a little bit of smoke damage, but nothing serious.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2008, 07:50AM »

Glad to have you back Rich. Now stop trying to scare the begessus out of us. Who would have to tell Lisa and Deirdre?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2008, 08:14AM »

p.s.  Caitlin, thanks for cleaning up after yourself.  I saw a little bit of smoke damage, but nothing serious.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks Lindsey
bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2008, 08:18AM »

I knew it was going to be a good day Rich, when I saw you on line this AM ..... Smiley

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2008, 12:28PM »

Way to go,Rich !!!!  Welcome home, my friend.

Now, repeat after me: " There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place........"   Grin Grin

Love ya,
Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Jack

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2008, 12:34PM »

Glad to see you're back in friendly surroundings, Rich.  Great news on the success of your latest surgery.  Now, if we can wrangle some positive test results on your chemo, it's on to the next CW tour (After some much needed R & R, of course).  Smiley

Take care, keep us posted.

Jack
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2008, 04:07PM »

YAY! Hi Rich! Great to see you posting!!!!!

I'm very glad everything seemed to go well. We're glad you're back and we're still praying for you!

Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: