Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247253 times)
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2009, 06:36PM »

fiddle dee deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gonna go see whats happening on the auction!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2009, 05:26PM »

I just got a call from Chris, while shopping yesterday Rich developed a problem with his hand dropping things. When they called the doctor this morning they were told to get him to the emergency room.

The test results show that he probably had a mini-stroke in his right carotid artery. They are also seeing some narrowing in his left carotid as well, which is what he had surgery to fix last year. They don't think that he'll need surgery again but they are keeping him overnight to do a CAT scan and an MRI to be sure.

aislin
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2009, 05:27PM »

Thanks for the update Lindsey. Keep Rich in my thoughts.

Thanks Lindsey
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2009, 05:37PM »

A minor update, the tests also showed no bleeding in his brain which is a VERY good thing.

aislin
L.A. Girl

« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2009, 05:58PM »

Aislin,

Thanks for the info about Rich. I just posted on the Rich Fest forum. Hopefully he'll be home in time for the Inauguration.

Dianne
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:20PM by L.A. Girl » Logged
howard

« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2009, 07:00PM »

Thanks for some positive news.

My Prayers and Thoughts are with Rich.
Howard
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:38PM by howard » Logged
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2009, 07:56PM »

Sad Not what I wanted to hear when I got home. I hope everything is okay with Rich. I'll continue to say my prayers.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2009, 08:08PM »

Thanks Lindsey.  Rich is definitely in my prayers. Undecided (and Eric and Chris!)

FaFo

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2009, 08:10PM »

Thanks for the update, Lindsey. 

Rich, Chris and Eric, you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Coleen

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #369 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16PM »

Thanks, Lindsey, for updating everyone. And thank you to everyone else for thoughts, prayers, well-wishes and everything else. We all deeply appreciate the support, beyond words.

Small update: They can't do the MRI because his stent is too new. I don't know why a new stent would interact more problematically with the magnet stuff than an old one would, but that's apparently the situation. So, they're going to have to use other testing methods that, hopefully, will still be able to clear the situation up.

Once again, thank you. It means the world to us.

Chris

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2009, 09:20PM »

Thanks for all the updates everyone. I will be keeping Rich in my prayers.

-Elizabeth

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2009, 03:44AM »

Thank you all for the informations and updates! i will keep Rich in my thoughts!!!
Lots of love!!!!
coco xxx

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
Jack

« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2009, 07:51AM »

Thoughts and prayers, Rich.  Hang in there and take care of yourself. 

Jack

Thanks for the updates, Lindsey and Chris.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2009, 08:42AM »

Hang in there Rich and get well soon.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
DeirdreFan
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2009, 08:57AM »

I just now got off the phone with Rich.  He is still in the hospital awaiting final test results. If everything looks OK, then he'll be home today. If not, then he and his doctors will discuss the next plan of action to get him back in shape.

Rich said he's feeling fine.... other then harassing the student nurses, feasting on waffles for breakfast, and feeling a little grumpy about being in the hospital... he's in good spirits!  If he goes home today, then he will likely post something.  If not, I'll call him later in the day and post something early this evening.

Oh... he did say something about "going postal" if they don't bring him another cup of coffee!!!

Lots of love,
Jenny x
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: