Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247169 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2009, 11:57AM »

There's a great bidding war going on over on the RichFest Forum...coolit vs. antiup  Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2009, 01:59PM »

There's a great bidding war going on over on the RichFest Forum...coolit vs. antiup  Cheesy

Cheesy Why am I not surprised that Gary is involved in this? LOL.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38PM »

LOL-- I never seem to get much in the auctions!! Every time I bid against you ladies it takes weeks for my wounds to heal-- not to mention the embarrassment of getting pounded!!   So I figure I was better off taking on a squad of hardened GI's in a tent in Iraq-- but, OH NO, I'm  getting sand kicked in my face--- per usual!! Where's Charles Atlas when ya need him???    ( A few of you will get that!! LOL)

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03PM »

I don't get it.  Undecided Wink

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2009, 07:08PM »

I am not surprised, Kelli!! You would have to be older and remember the advertisements in the comic books.   I'm getting used to taking my thumps on the auction boards. Just seems like a way of life!!   LOL   Kathleen started it !  It's all her fault.  Grin  Grin  Grin

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2009, 07:11PM »

I got it. You should call on Jack Armstrong. <g>

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Sorgi

« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2009, 10:24PM »

Costing me a lot of popcorn

-Dan

celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36PM »

I will certainly keep Rich and family in my prayers. It makes me glad to know that he is spiritually sound, and i will continue to lift him up in prayer. Please keep us all posted on updates
much love and prayers,
Sara
Jeannie

« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2009, 11:23AM »

Thank you Jenny and Chris for keeping us updated I joined the Rich Fest site and did post him a message. May God Bless Rich and keep him in the palm of his hand and may he get well again. I know you'v probably heard that I understand what you are going through now but my dad had the same problems so I do know and I know how hard it is going to be on you and you have all my prayers and support.

Jeannie

Antiup

« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2009, 03:34PM »

Hey Just hit Oil over here.

Hows the popcorn Sorgi?

Hey Rich, still thinking about ya man. just a quick shout out!

Cool2it- I have no idea who you are talking about!  Tongue
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2009, 04:42PM »

I cannot believe that I found the ad by googling it!!!  LOL  So heres the link that will show you why I ask "Where's Charles Atlas when you need him" . It's from comic books and I swear it was in every one of them!!! LOL

http://www.steveconley.com/comicads.htm

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2009, 07:24PM »

ONE (1) more day left to bid on these great auction items!!  And if I find next month's items in the sea of boxes that is my house, those will hopefully be up a few days after that.

Happy bidding!!!

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14PM »

The month of March got away from me! Looks like it was a fun month! Thanks to all who played! See ya in April

Jeannie

« Reply #433 on: April 03, 2009, 07:30AM »

I thought I had posted a reply here but if not Rich I am so sorry to hear about your health problems your a wonderful friend and mentor to so many here on the forum If I can be of any assistance please let me know and I will try my best. My thought and prayers are with you and your family in your time of need. God Bless you friend and may he keep you in the palm of his hand. We Love you and We know you will beat this thing. Keep fighting and don't give up.
Jeannie

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #434 on: April 03, 2009, 08:30AM »

Thank you, Jeannie - and everyone else!  Your prayers and support mean more to me than I can possibly express.

I suppose it's about time I gave you guys an update.

The problems with my heart and arteries are vastly improved.  I've had several stents implanted and a couple of balloon angioplasty procedures, and my heart function has gone from 18% to 40%.  I can walk a decent distance again, and I can navigate an airport without asking for wheel chair assistance.  This is important to me, because nothing distresses me more than losing my independence and the idea of being a burden.

Multiple Myeloma is progressive and incurable, and it doesn't go into a true "remission" - but it can be slowed down, and it has been.  My disease is still in Stage I and has been slowed to a point where I don't need to receive intensive chemotherapy treatments.  I go in for frequent blood work, and they schedule the treatments according to those tests.  Right now, I'm receiving only a maintenance dose of vincristine, roughly every 3 months.  Fortunately, I am able to handle vincristine pretty well.  The side effects include nausea and peripheral neuropathy.  Zofran (ondansetron) does a good job of alleviating the nausea, and I've had no really debilitating side effects.  My hair has thinned somewhat, but hasn't fallen out, and the pain I have is more related to disease-induced kidney damage than it is to any of the drugs I've received.  Chemo also wrecks your immune system, so I take antibiotics constantly.  I tire out very easily, and take several naps every day.  I will probably not be going on any more extended trips, flying around the country for CW concerts, but that's not a huge sacrifice.  (Since I'm still unemployed, I can't afford those trips anyway.  Cheesy)  Other than that, my quality of life has not been diminished much.  As an added bonus, I've lost about 40 pounds.  I don't recommend chemo as a weight loss regimen, but it works.  Both Máiréad and Lisa told me this week that I look good - in fact, Lisa said, "I've never seen you look better."  Hearing that from those ladies certainly raised my spirits!

Eventually, of course, the disease will progress to Stage II.  The University of Florida Medical Center in Gainesville has an excellent, ongoing clinical trial program of a new treatment regimen for Stage II and III myeloma, and my oncologist already has me on the list for admission to their program.  But it doesn't look like that's going to be necessary for some time yet.

I hate writing these updates.  You all have your own cares and concerns.  But everyone has been so thoughtful and kind, I feel like I owe it to you to bring you up to date once in a while.  Thank you for everything.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: