Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247234 times)
mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30PM »

Okay, now that the state of shock has worn off ....... a little.......................I just had to share with y'all this review of ........well, how do you describe it??? 
Only The Most Fan-tabulous Aritcle of Clothing Anyone Has Ever Owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(you might want to get comfortable) LOL
Ok so my little tale starts a few weeks ago (4 weeks to be precise) when I first saw Kelli's post here about the "Incredible One of a Kind Signed T-shirt" and just had to pop over to Rich's forum auction page.   OMG, OMG, OMG.  It was love at first sight!!!!!  I mean, this one article is signed by ............... oh gosh,  everyone!!  Not only all 5 marvelous CW ladies: Chloe, Lisa, Mairead, Lynn and Alex,  BUT ALSO the incredibly talented band and choir members too: Ray (who also drew a drum LOL), Una, Eoghan, Brian, Helen, Catherine, Dermot, Niall, Des, and Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh MY GOSH!! 
But before my dream could come true..................I had to fight off the competition  *humming the tune from Rocky  dun  duh-duh-dun  duh-duh-dun  duh-duh-dun*   In order that he may retain what pride he has left after being beat up by a girl, I wont mention my opponent's name.  Hehehe.   But in all fairness, he is such a perfect gentleman and, though he wont admit it, I think he let me win!! 
So then after the hardest part was done,  now came the waiting...............for USPS that is!!   Geez, like watching water boil!!
Then on a Friday afternoon, I came home from a particularly long hard day at work (had to send two of my patients to the hospital and one passed away in transit).  Went to the mailbox like normal routine before going inside the house and I remember saying a little prayer on the way "God, please dont let it be another bill."  I pulled out this envelope which was large but relatively lightweight and stared at it for a minute or two trying to figure out what it could be.  Then I recognized the return address and jumped up and down (literally) and had to put my hand over my mouth to supress the screams of delight for fear my neighbors might think I was being attacked or something.  I then skipped (yes, skipped) up the driveway and front porch to the front door.  BTW: skipping is harder than it sounds considering I am still healing from an ACL/MCL tear in one knee.  But I didnt even feel the pain at that point (oohh, I did later though)!!
Ok, so got inside and closed the door behind me, than let out a squeal of delight while dancing a little jig in a circle.  It was so frightening, all the animals just stared at me like this  Shocked.   I hurried up and fed the animals first and then washed my hands 3-4 times and sat down to open the bestest present of my life!!!
When I took the shirt out of the package..........OMG,  all I could do was stare at it!!!!  I read all the quotes and signatures at least a dozen times!!!  (if not more)  Then folded it up perfectly and slipped it into a ziplock bag.  (off topic) Have you ever heard about how a really really old piece of paper or something will fall apart, almost discinigrate, when exposed to the air for too long??  (return to topic)  Well, I was almost afraid of something like that happening to my prized posession.  And there is no way I was going to let a crumb or single cat hair or molecule of dust even have a chance of settling on it!! 

(sorry for the very unromantic ending) As of yet I have not found a frame or box or case which I felt was worthy of containing my most valuable posession!!  (might have to lower my standards a wee bit if I'm going to find something to display it in this year!!)   
Everyday, and especially on the hard days, I still come home and stare at my most favorite, most beautiful, most prized and most valuable posession and I think, "man, how blessed am I just to be able to touch and gaze upon this gift everyday."  And I cant help welling up with tears, when I say a truly heart felt
"Thank you"
...to Kelli and Rich for all your hard work and sacrafice which we may never truly know or appreciate
...to Rachel for your dedication behind the scenes to CW and to all of us, their adoring fans
...to Chloe, Lisa, Alex, Lynn, Mairead, Ray, Una, Eoghan, Brian, Helen, Catherine, Dermot, Niall, Des, and Andrew for touching our hearts with your gifts and talents
...to Sara and Joanne for coodinating it and anyone else who shared any part in the process of making this happen
and last but certainly not least
...to a humble and gracious gentleman for making my dreams come true!!

I am truly honored and proud to call y'all "my friends"!!

With Love,
Melissa

P.S.   Could somebody please pass the kleenex??

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

With Gratitude to Celtic~Fan~73
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2009, 06:25AM »

Awww, that was a downright beautiful (and I believe maybe the first ever...) t-shirt review!  He he, be sure to share pictures when you find the perfect frame.  And thank YOU for helping out our friend Rich through his auctions... Kiss

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2009, 08:49AM »

LoL-- sounds like you sort of like the shirt!!   Roll Eyes   I won one at "Rich Fest" and Kathleen sent me one that she got from a contest!! ( Thank You again Kathleen!!)   They are both still in the plastic wrappers and I will keep them there!!  So I know what you mean about the special care you are giving.   I know one thing-- I sure would like to be at your first M&G !   Cheesy Cheesy  I don't think you have had one yet, Right?   And I can't wait to attend a concert with You and Emily-- should be one exciting evening!!  Congrats on the Shirt.
      How they continue to come up with great things to auction I'll never know!!  Thank you Rich and Kelli-- and to all of you that can find a way to help them I give my thanks Also!!!  Way to go bidders!!

Gary
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:58AM by cool2it » Logged

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2009, 06:34PM »

Hehehe!!  Grin
Kelli, I've had a couple requests for pics of it.  Is it okay for me to copy/paste the one you posted on Rich's forum??

Gary,  Yes, you're right, I've never had the unbelievable experience of attending a M&G!! And whether ur at my first one or not I'm sure that if ur anywhere in the US, you'll hear me screaming!!  LOL 
**mental note: remember to bring enough earplugs for all the unfortunate people who will also be at the M&G.**

"Did it fit??? LOL"   
Oh my gosh, I cant believe I left that out!!  Yes, I tried it on (after taking a shower for fear it might get a bead of sweat on it) and yes, it fit.  And I stared at myself in the mirror (with the shirt on backwards of course so I could see the names) and just giggled for 5 or 10 minutes........... then all of a sudden realized "What the $#%@&! am I doing?  I'm getting it dirty!!!!!!!"  And I ripped that thing off (VERY CAREFULLY, of course) like it was on fire!!                         (now resume the story with "Then folded it up perfectly...")
 Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2009, 07:53PM »

Hehehe!!  Grin
Kelli, I've had a couple requests for pics of it.  Is it okay for me to copy/paste the one you posted on Rich's forum??
Ha ha, yep feel free to copy/paste from Rich's forum.  You know, it never occurred to me that anyone would wear that shirt LOL

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2009, 08:20PM »

So, Melissa, did you like the shirt?? LOL

Enjoy it in good health and thanks for participating in Rich's auction!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2009, 12:15AM »

Hhhmmmmm!!     People keep asking me if I liked the shirt??!!    Maybe I restrained myself a little too much???!!!
Hehehe!!

Kelli - Aaaahhh  HELP!!  I've been trying to do this for 45 minutes (post the picture) now and cant figure it out!!   (Perhaps another day when I'm not so tired that my eyes are crossing.)

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2009, 05:30AM »

Hhhmmmmm!!     People keep asking me if I liked the shirt??!!    Maybe I restrained myself a little too much???!!!
Hehehe!!

Kelli - Aaaahhh  HELP!!  I've been trying to do this for 45 minutes (post the picture) now and cant figure it out!!   (Perhaps another day when I'm not so tired that my eyes are crossing.)

Here they are... Grin

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:32AM by Kelli » Logged

mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44PM »

Thanks, Kelli

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49PM »

Cool

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #505 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52PM »

I would personally like to thank everyone who had a hand in supporting our friend Rich through this fundraiser.  To watch, and be a part of, this was a beautiful thing and really did my heart good.

Rich has, with great gratitude, asked me to have the June auctions be the last for his forum.  In respecting his wishes, I want to give all who donated, bid on, and otherwise helped the biggest group hug ever!!!!  Lots of love!  Kiss

I love you, Rich.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:08PM by Kelli » Logged

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #506 on: July 14, 2009, 02:03PM »

Melissa, you`re much too low key, you really need to show more enthusiasm.....where`s the three cartwheels and a flip? ha..ha... it`s great to see someone appreciate CW .Maybe someday you could get a signed Mairead photo? ....or not.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #507 on: July 14, 2009, 02:06PM »

And thanks to YOU,Kelli ! I know firsthand how tirelessly you worked on that auction site over these many months. It was a success because of your efforts and the generosity of fellow forum members. And it all went to a very deserving individual - Rich, alias Old Fat Guy or Da Man!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #508 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01PM »

The many threads in this Forum can be overwhelming and I can't get to all of them...and when I do, something
awesome has happened and I did not have a clue!  I know Rich isn't well and I have been praying for him...totally
spaced the auction...so sorry!  I am happy to send a heartfelt contribution to say, Kelli?  Will you see that it gets
to the proper place?  Let me know.  I apologize for this "11th hour" sentiment.  Hugs!

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #509 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38PM »

Rosie, I've sent you a PM  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: