Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247138 times)
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #525 on: August 07, 2009, 12:15PM »

Well, we all have to hope and pray you're on the right team at the research trials!!   I feel the same about dragging it out. But they seem to be a lot closer to a cure or at least a huge slowing down of your problem which gives them more time to cure the blasted thing!!   You did fool me though-- I didn't think any self respecting germ would come close to you!!! LOL    Best of luck in all you have coming at ya-- Between you and Kelli these research places are our biggest hope!!  I'm thankful you both got accepted and now we just wait for you to kick these problems and get back to normal. Good luck!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #526 on: August 07, 2009, 12:37PM »

Thanks for the update Rich. You are in my prayers and Masses. While not having gone through this, I have an understanding as my brother is stage IV non-Hodgkinsons. I told him about you last year when he was here and what you had and he said, that is nasty stuff. Because of his situation, we were only able to get out for one lunch while he and my sister in law were here.
He has also been thru a trial but it didn’t work. He has been living with this for about 9 years and when he was diagnosed, they said Stage IV and 8-10 years survival. So far he seems to be doing ok, except for the chemo, being tired and losing his dinner to many times.
You hang in there, my friend. A positive attitude does definitely help. I know none of us is getting out of this world alive, but we can hang on as long the Father says so.
Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #527 on: August 07, 2009, 12:43PM »

Rich, thanks for letting us know what is happening. I am praying and pulling for you as I am for Kelli. You are both very dear to me . Both of you are strong individuals who don't give up - and I won't give up supporting you on my end either and praying for you .

Love,
Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
cahham

« Reply #528 on: August 07, 2009, 03:19PM »

Yikes you and my dad seem to have a bit in common. Different cancer stuff but slow progression to bone marrow transplant, bone marrow aspirations, chemo stuff and the yucky tired days. I hope in the days to come you find comfort and rest in order to prepare for your trial. I will as often as I pray for Dad remember to pray that you too will be well. You have done so much for so many, myself included, both you and Chris seem to be rather amazing people! I feel fortunate to have run across you both through this avenue. Thank you for all you do!

Lisa

Chloefan93

« Reply #529 on: August 07, 2009, 03:33PM »

Hope you get better soon Rich! My dad has renal failure too and I know that it takes a lot out of him. It's a very intense process.
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #530 on: August 07, 2009, 03:41PM »

Rich...you certainly have a long journey ahead of you!  I must say that your positive attitude will
be a big help to you along with the love and prayers of family and friends.  I am a Hospice Chaplain
and observe this kind of suffering on a daily basis...many give up way too soon and have little or no
support...you are blest with the love of all of us in the Forum and your son and family.  We will not
stop our prayers for you or Kelli and all the other's who are ill.  I will hold you in prayer that God's
healing touch work through the doctors and the procedure.  "Ask and you will receive..."  Blessings!

CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #531 on: August 07, 2009, 03:53PM »

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support of my dad. It means the world to both of us to know we've got so many thoughts and prayers coming our way.

Chris

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #532 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03PM »

Rich,

We love you and are praying for you always! The bone marrow stuff sounds really scary, but I'm a massive wimp who cries at everything anyway. I'm glad you're telling us of the date so I can say extra prayers for you on that day.

Rock on, dude, and keep up the positive attitude!!

Em

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #533 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12PM »

Rich, fyi. I am registered on the Bone Marrow  donor list.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
lnw91

I LOVE LISA KELLY!

« Reply #534 on: August 07, 2009, 04:19PM »

LUCKY!!!!!!!

Peace, Love, and Lisa Kelly.

thank you scott for the amazing banner!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #535 on: August 07, 2009, 04:20PM »

Rich, fyi. I am registered on the Bone Marrow  donor list.
Thanks, Jim.  But bone marrow transplant isn't an option with MM.  Occasionally, they will do something called an allogeneic stem cell transplantation, in which the patient's brother, sister, or parent may be the donor. Or the stem cells may come from an unrelated donor. Doctors use blood tests to be sure the donor's cells match the patient's cells.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #536 on: August 07, 2009, 04:20PM »

LUCKY!!!!!!!
Who's lucky?

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Zo

« Reply #537 on: August 07, 2009, 06:52PM »

Rich, we all are praying for you.  We love ya!  Smiley

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #538 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56PM »

Hang in there, Rich.  We're keeping you in our thoughts.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:03PM by Bluefire » Logged

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
howard

« Reply #539 on: August 07, 2009, 07:03PM »

My Thoughts and Prayers are always with You Rich...
And Chris be Strong...
Know that you both are not alone.

Best Wishes,
Howard
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: