Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 244569 times)
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2010, 02:12PM »

Great news Rich Grin Grin...looks like they aren't holding associating with the likes of us against you! Grin Grin Grin Grin
when you are Rich (pun intemded) and famous, don't forget all your adopted kids here...... Wink
Bp

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Enchanted

« Reply #751 on: July 30, 2010, 06:24PM »

Rich,
Glad to hear the good news.  I hope you enjoy the new job.   It sounds like a great fit.

Congrats!
Elizabeth

« Reply #752 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29AM »

They've completed my background check and my new employer is preparing my offer letter!!

Thank you all SO much for your concern and good wishes!

It took them three months to perform a background check and prepare an offer letter? Just how big of a file did you generate?  Cheesy

I am soooooo happy for you, Rich! Snagging a job in this economy is no small feat. Just shows you what perseverance -- and a little divine intervention, imho  Wink -- can do.

Much love to you!
Beth xo

MEAV:  FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS A CELTIC WOMAN
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #753 on: August 06, 2010, 05:08AM »

It took them three months to perform a background check and prepare an offer letter? Just how big of a file did you generate?  Cheesy
Actually I thought the average time for security clearance was like 6 months, so maybe Rich has a very clean file (or he covered his tracks very very well  Cheesy  Wink  )

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #754 on: August 06, 2010, 06:16AM »

If they contacted any forum members for references for Rich, he`d be sitting in the White House right now.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #755 on: August 06, 2010, 06:55AM »

If they contacted any forum members for references for Rich, he`d be sitting in the White House right now.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'd vote for Rich anyday!! Grin Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #756 on: August 06, 2010, 07:15AM »

It took them three months to perform a background check and prepare an offer letter? Just how big of a file did you generate?
Three months?  I only applied for the job last week!   Cheesy  They completed the bg check in one day.

Actually I thought the average time for security clearance was like 6 months, so maybe Rich has a very clean file (or he covered his tracks very very well

This was just the company bg check.  I still have my govt security clearance.

If they contacted any forum members for references for Rich, he`d be sitting in the White House right now....

Well, not any forum members.  There's a few who'd rather see me in prison!

I'd vote for Rich anyday!!

And you'd be in the next cell!  Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #757 on: August 06, 2010, 05:11PM »

I would vote for rich too. Rich for president

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #758 on: August 12, 2010, 06:19AM »

RIch
My heart is singing right now! I am so happy for you!  Work hard...get a few vacation days stored up and come visit me soon! I have coffee!!!!!

love
Kathleen

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #759 on: August 12, 2010, 07:25AM »

RIch
My heart is singing right now! I am so happy for you!  Work hard...get a few vacation days stored up and come visit me soon! I have coffee!!!!!

love
Kathleen
Thanks, Kathleen. Right now, the job is part time, so I don't get vacation days.  But that also means I can pretty much take time off whenever I can afford it.  Soooooo...............  we may take you up on that coffee.

Now, I have more good news.  I just got home from seeing my oncologist.  I have not received (or needed) a chemotherapy infusion since February.  In the past 6 months, there has been a 75% reduction in the serum paraprotein level, which means I am now in partial remission!  The effects of the myeloma - loss of bone density, damage to kidneys, bone pain, etc. - will not go away, but they are not getting any worse.  This is probably the best news I could have hoped for, and it looks like you good folks may be stuck with me for quite some time yet.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #760 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56AM »

Glad to hear the good news.  I'd more than happily be 'stuck' with you any day.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #761 on: August 12, 2010, 08:42AM »

Hey Rich, hearing you use the term "partial remission" made my day..I know the meaning of it...sounds good , eh?  BTW:my oncologist says I`m in complete remission...though I still have to take the chemo pills bi-monthly.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #762 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36AM »

So glad to hear this news!!! Now we can start planning  "Forum Fest 2011"   Chicago here we come----again!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #763 on: August 12, 2010, 01:44PM »

Now, I have more good news.  I just got home from seeing my oncologist.  I have not received (or needed) a chemotherapy infusion since February.  In the past 6 months, there has been a 75% reduction in the serum paraprotein level, which means I am now in partial remission!  The effects of the myeloma - loss of bone density, damage to kidneys, bone pain, etc. - will not go away, but they are not getting any worse.  This is probably the best news I could have hoped for, and it looks like you good folks may be stuck with me for quite some time yet.   Cheesy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Gary! Time to start plannin' FF '11!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #764 on: August 12, 2010, 03:41PM »

Good news!

Happy to be "stuck" with you, Rich.

Phil

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: