Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the NEW show??  (Read 24508 times)
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« on: May 16, 2008, 06:38PM »

Being as the supposed taping date is in August and the girls open the European on Sept 27th -- I'm thinking they will be doing the new show for Europe.  Maybe they are tweaking it for the US tour in the spring-- or they will do ANJ for them because that's the show everyone has seen.  Does anyone know which show  they will be doing??  It doesn't really matter - I'm just curious about what everyone thinks. Huh  Huh  Huh

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:45PM »

I would assume they would be doing the new show. ANJ is pretty much done and they are moving on to something new, so I would think they would do that new show instead of going back to ANJ for the Europeans.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 07:40PM »

It's hard to say, Gary.  We'll just have to wait and see... Wink

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:48PM »

Though ANJ is done here, remember Europe hasn't seen this particular show, least that I know of. So for them it will be new.

We just have to wait and hear from those who get to see them in Europe  Smiley

Moscapoet
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:07PM »

I'm figuring they will do ANJ in Europe and then start the new show when they come to the states next spring.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:15PM »

I would hazard a guess that they will tour ANJ in Europe. If they follow the same timeline as they did with ANJ then the DVD/CD won't come out until late fall and it won't air on PBS until around December. However, if I remember correctly, between the recording and release of ANJ they toured under the Helix logo (blue on the front of the programs as opposed to ANJ's gold) but mixed in a few of ANJ's songs. So they might tour ANJ with some new stuff as well.

aislin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:52AM »

I haven't been anxious about anything for sooooo very long and now I cannot wait for the taping and I am ALREADY up on a high about next springs shows.  At MY age I should be REALLY careful wanting time to fly!!   It's hard for me to imagine that David and the girls and everyone with CW already know that whatever they have come up with they are pretty much assured a successful tour for next year.  For any entertainers to realize they have this many fans throughout the world must be awe inspiring AND a bit scary trying to satisfy them. I KNOW CW will pull that off, but I bet there is a lot of pressure to do so.    I'm also looking forward to the tour date announcements, so Rich and Mel can start their " Countdown Clocks".   I will be busy  trying to top " RichFest" and Chicago one week and then The Toledo group the next.  That's a feat that I'm pretty sure can never be accomplished--- but I'm sure gon'na give it a whirl!!!   I'm ALSO anxious to see all the members I have met at the taping-- and looking forward to meeting MORE new friends.     
 Note to self-- slow down on the coffee!!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:08AM »

I haven't been anxious about anything for sooooo very long and now I cannot wait for the taping and I am ALREADY up on a high about next springs shows.  At MY age I should be REALLY careful wanting time to fly!!   It's hard for me to imagine that David and the girls and everyone with CW already know that whatever they have come up with they are pretty much assured a successful tour for next year.  For any entertainers to realize they have this many fans throughout the world must be awe inspiring AND a bit scary trying to satisfy them. I KNOW CW will pull that off, but I bet there is a lot of pressure to do so.    I'm also looking forward to the tour date announcements, so Rich and Mel can start their " Countdown Clocks".   I will be busy  trying to top " RichFest" and Chicago one week and then The Toledo group the next.  That's a feat that I'm pretty sure can never be accomplished--- but I'm sure gon'na give it a whirl!!!   I'm ALSO anxious to see all the members I have met at the taping-- and looking forward to meeting MORE new friends.     
 Note to self-- slow down on the coffee!!!
LOL Gary - please stay away from all Starbucks !!  Wink Grin Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:19AM »

Oh wow...so everyone thinks they probably will tour ANJ in Europe! LOL! Nevermind my post then.  Grin

That's better for the Europeans in my opinion. I would hate to miss ANJ...such a great show.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 04:27PM »

Aislin is correct. By the time the DVD is released and aired on PBS, it will be after the European Tour. I also can see them throwing in a couple of the new songs for the Europeans. What a treat that will be!  Grin

Least this time I will be prepared, not like when ANJ first hit the PBS station here in Columbus..and I had no clue, till I was channel surfing in a hotel, and caught the begining, saw Mairead and thought, what the heck???  It's a NEW ONE!!  Grin.

I think the hotel is still wondering what all the shouting and bouncing around was about  Wink

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 04:50PM »

Aislin is correct. By the time the DVD is released and aired on PBS, it will be after the European Tour.

Ah, that's right. I didn't think about the fact that it's gonna be a little while before it's actually released on DVD and then aired. I just automatically think August: new show...fall: new tour! LOL. Maybe it's just my inner impatient child coming out. Grin

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 05:22PM »

Well considering that the first one was taped in August or Sept of 2004 and wasn't aired till March 2005. Course no one knew who Celtic Woman was back then Cheesy.

Till they hit the airwaves....

Now they are on the brink of taping their 4th DVD.   Grin Grin Grin

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 05:23PM »

Well considering that the first one was taped in August or Sept of 2004 and wasn't aired till March 2005. Course no one knew who Celtic Woman was back then Cheesy.

Till they hit the airwaves....

Now they are on the brink of taping their 4th DVD.   Grin Grin Grin

And I only just got into hearing about them in November of '07! What the heck is wrong with me!? I'm so slow with these things!  Angry

Maggie
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 09:32PM »

As Celtic Woman have never appeared in Europe, except for Ireland, it has to be
"A New Journey".

I just looked at each of the European Theatres and it doesn't mention the name of the Show. Nor does it mention any Meet & Greets.

The first concert is Zurich, Switzerland, and ticket prices (converted from Euro) range from $54 to $94.
However, check this out......you can also have a VIP Dinner Package for.....ready for this?
......$357 (converted from 375 Swiss Francs) I cut and pasted the following:

VIP-Dinner Package Celtic Woman

The VIP-Dinner Package includes:
- 1 reserved numbered seat on the floor
- Champagne Welcome-Drink
- 3-course-dinner
- Drink selection of your choice (Prosecco, wine, beer and soft-drinks)
- Miniature pastries for tea and coffee
- After-Show-Drink
- Separate entrance
- Wardrobe
- Service by hostesses on site
- Free exit ticket for the parking “Messe Zürich”

The following from the Ticket site says of Celtic Woman:

"Nach ihrem grandiosen Erfolg in den USA, in Kanada, Japan, Australien, Neuseeland und Südafrika werden Celtic Woman im Rahmen ihrer Europatour..."
translation:
"Following their huge success in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, Celtic Woman are coming on their Europatour..."

So when did CW play Australia and New Zealand?
And did they ever play South Africa?
Huh

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:35PM by Maggie » Logged
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 09:36PM »

Nice VIP dinner package!  Cheesy Pretty swanky!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: