Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the NEW show??  (Read 24509 times)
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 09:50PM »

And did they ever play South Africa?Huh

I remember reading that they went to Africa. On the old website, they had the scroll list of tours and stuff they had done. South Africa was on there. They went during a summer if I remember right.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:57PM by Cait » Logged

Thanks Lindsey
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 10:21PM »

Yes, CW did a small tour of South Africa, about a week long if I remember correctly. Part of the reason they were there was because the original CW CD had gone platinum and they were accepting their awards for it.

CW.com states that they toured South Africa here: http://www.celticwoman.com/trellis/The_Journey

I'm betting that the info about Australia and New Zealand is about Hayley and the ticket site just didn't realize that she had been touring solo at the time.

In searching for a picture of CW in South Africa, which I know I've seen... I just can't remember which one it is, I found the following cover from Classic FM South Africa's Magazine:

As I understand it that was the February '07 cover.

aislin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 05:14AM »

Sounds like " RichFest" -- only not NEAR as much fun!!!!!    Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Phillidae

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 12:50PM »

I really, really hope they will present the new show here in europe. I really love ANJ but as I've seen it nearly a thousand times on DVD I'd like to see something new at my first (and probably only) CW Concert ever.

Moscapoet
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 02:01PM »

Ahhh, trust me, you will see new things at an ANJ concert compared to the DVD. It is ten times better and there are many things in the tour show not on the DVD. You will not be disappointed in an ANJ show.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 02:21PM »

Ahhh, trust me, you will see new things at an ANJ concert compared to the DVD. It is ten times better and there are many things in the tour show not on the DVD. You will not be disappointed in an ANJ show.

I agree. Seeing it live is WAY different from any DVD. I too have seen ANJ a thousand times over, as everyone else has I'm sure, and seeing it live is a totally different experience. Little details are different, the setlist is different, and just...everything. I dunno. You can't describe it, you can only experience it lol.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Scott

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 05:30PM »

Let me add also, for those of you who have not seen them live in concert yet, that you will never view the ANJ DVD the same way again once you have seen them live.

It's not that you won't want to watch it anymore... far from it!  But the scenes in the DVD will cue in your mind to moments at your concert.  At least it's been like that for me...

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 05:32PM »

Here Here!! Wink
michael642

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 06:53PM »

Gosh after I saw them in August 2005 I couldn't even watch the original DVD anymore...it just could not compare!

Aislin is also very correct....after the taping of ANJ they actually toured the original show "Celtic Woman" in Japan and South Africa I believe?

A bunch of ANJ songs were actually written for CW way back in 2005! When I frist saw them in San Francisco, August of 2005, the show included The Sky The Dawn The Sun, Spanish Lady, Sing Out, At The Ceili, Granuaile's Dance, The Blessing, The Voice, and Shooting Star. And for the beginning of the 2006 tour, David added in Mo Ghile Mear, and Vivaldi's Rain. So a good majority of the ANJ songs, were being conceived, recorded, and performed before ANJ was even in the making! Cheesy

Of course we have no official word or anything, but from my being around CW for the past 4 years, I would assume that ANJ would be shown in Europe and the new show be toured over here the following Spring Smiley Its actually a really good pattern to go by also.

Speaking of new songs...or is it old? Orlagh did a bit of recording for her next solo album before this spring tour and her song "Shooting Star" which she performed during the original CW tours, WILL be on her solo album Smiley And she has got a good chunk of it recorded! So I think we can look forward to Orlagh's next solo album in the coming year Cheesy Maybe it will be ready in time for the spring tour! That would be awesome.
CTofer

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00PM »

Michael, you have quite the photographic memory! I do remember seeing them perform some of ANJ stuff in between their first dvd and their second. I forget where I saw them perform it, but the first time I saw them do The Sky, The Dawn and the Sun, it just floored me. And I also remember Orla singing 'Shooting Star' at Red Rocks, it was beautiful! There are still several songs off the first album I still miss hearing them perform, but that's another thread for another day. Oh, and thanks for the info on her new album, I'll be looking forward to adding another Orla cd to my collection!! Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:04PM by CTofer » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33PM »

This is one of the most fascinating threads I've ever had the priveldge of reading. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, memories, insights, opinions, predictions and high regard for everything Celtic Woman.

I hope CW LTD has, or soon will, commission and author to begin to write an official history of Celtic Woman. CW is a special phenomenon of our times and deserves to be documented. I would buy that book in a heartbeat!

I've said it before and must say it again this Forum and it's membership are super!
michael642

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 09:05PM »

Chris! Don't you remember the Toronto 2006 show? It was shortly after they switched "Jesu, Joy" with Mo Ghile Mear, and "Ave Maria" with Rain! Nobody new the name was "Mo Ghile Mear" because the tour programmes were late so Jan named it "The Tribal Song." LOL! That was the first time they performed those two songs after the show at the Point! That is when they first sang those two songs! We were all so hyped after Mo Ghile Mear :-D

Good ol' days...
CTofer

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 09:27PM »

The Tribal Song omg yes!!!! LOL!!!  But of course, like most folks, that's also why I loved that song so much,  for the 'duel' between Ray and Nicky.  Great idea they had for lighting that little part of the song.....One other small little stage tidbit: they don't do it anymore, but they had the neat little trick of having the one backdrop curtain drop on cue at the end of the first half of the concert, which they used to do, I think up until ANJ tours began also.
Cherany

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 02:44PM »

I must have a terrible memory for live shows.  I saw CW a year ago, and I remember so little of it!  When I think of the show, I think of the DVD more than the live concert (not how I wish it to be!).

It happened so fast, I guess.  I wanted the night to go on forever, and it seemed like it was over just after it started.  I hate not remembering more!

Next time, I'm determined to imprint the entire night into my memory.

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 04:51PM »

When I saw them in March 2006, I remember thinking, "they have enough new material here to record another cd!"  Then they made the announcement for the taping of a new show that August, which would be broadcast on PBS in December.  The new cd and dvd weren't made available to the public until January 2007. 

Also, the folks who attended the concert could not tell anything about it until after the broadcasts.  If I remember, they had to sign some kind of confidentiality agreement. 

They probably didn't do this for the Christmas taping last summer, because almost all the songs were already out on cd. 

Some of us waited a long time to finally have some of our faves that we heard at the concert on a cd and dvd, and it was worth the wait!   Smiley  Smiley

While there have been some minor changes to the ANJ show (mostly in the transisition between songs and the last part of the concert), there have not been the major changes we saw in 2005-2006.

I would love them to do a DVD like Chloe's - that would be incredible. going to different sites in Ireland.  Wouldn't it be great to see them perform "At the Ceili" at a ceili?  Probably not very realistic of me, but hey, a girl can dream, eh?  Smiley

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: