Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the NEW show??  (Read 24409 times)
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2008, 06:54PM »

Hello Shywolf,

Correct me if I'm wrong here.  We knew about the Christmas filiming well in advance just as with the current August filming.  I believe that it was about 5 weeks before the filming that the tickets with the final details became available.  This created a mad rush for fans to acquire passports for travel to Ireland, not to mention all of the travel plans necessary with such short notice. 

I suspect that CW will operate in the same fashion with this filming.  We have already been informed that it will occur towards the end of August somewhere in the USA.  It's just a guess about the mid July reveal with the final details and ticket availability.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tom

Hi Thomas,

The announcement for the Christmas last July was posted in Mid May after their tour on CW web site. Sooo my guess should be announced by the end of June.

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 03:50PM »

OK-- It seems most of us think they will do ANJ on the European tour----- NOW------- Will LISA do the tour or will they keep Alex with them? ? ?   It doesn't seem feasible that Lisa would do the taping and go back home until next spring, but maybe that's the plan.   ( I didn't read the entire post so if someone already brought this up--- sorry!!! )

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2008, 05:30PM »

OK-- It seems most of us think they will do ANJ on the European tour----- NOW------- Will LISA do the tour or will they keep Alex with them? ? ?   It doesn't seem feasible that Lisa would do the taping and go back home until next spring, but maybe that's the plan.   ( I didn't read the entire post so if someone already brought this up--- sorry!!! )

Well, if I remember correctly, Alex had said she was just in it for this tour and I *believe* she told someone at a meet and greet that she had other plans and career "stuff" to work on after this tour was over. I would assume Lisa would be going to Europe.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 05:42PM »

Yep, she told me at a M&G that her agent was making phone calls, searching for other opportunities.  She mentioned a conductor she works with in England and also an opportunity in Prague...nothing in the U.S. though... Cry

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 05:45PM »

Hi Thomas,

Correct on the passport fiasco that started in April/May that was a mess for everybody leaving the US. And for regarding the Christmas taping was advance notice in May for July taping. It should be the same for August  when it be filmed in the US Smiley

Craig
binti

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2008, 05:49PM »

I know the other shows were taped in Ireland, but how were tickets sold: directly from CW?? I was wondering if tickets would go on sale from the PBS station near the location or from CW directly.   Anyone have an idea?
I think Lisa will be ready to take on Europe with the other lovely ladies but guess she could switch out with Alex like Meav and Haley did on one tour in Us.

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Murgittroyd

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2008, 06:05PM »

After they film the new show in August, it will take quite a while to edit, put the promos together for PBS and get a Tour schedule together.

They don't belong to us.....their lives and families are home in Ireland.

So I think we will have to wait for a spectacular Spring '09 Tour.

The lack of European support is puzzling and is also a compelling reason that they  could make a visit to the US in the fall. We all understand where their lives are, but sometimes you have to make hay in the sunshine and they are a VERY hot ticket in the US, right now. While we love them for their talents, their styles, and the soul-reaching performance, CW is still a business and they realize that, for sure.... Also I wishing them here!!  Grin

Either way, Fall or Spring, I'll be there, but one never knows!!

Take care,

Rick
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2008, 08:11PM »

We all understand where their lives are, but sometimes you have to make hay in the sunshine and they are a VERY hot ticket in the US, right now. we love them for their talents, their styles, and the soul-reaching performance, CW is still a business and they realize that, for sure.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think there is one single person here that doesn't respect the fact that the cast and crew of CW live in Ireland and that that is their home. I also don't think there is one person hear who DOESN'T want them to have a much deserved break! I think when folks talk about tours in the fall, they aren't necessarily saying that the cast shouldn't concentrate on their lives in Ireland and should spend all of their time in the US and just work work work work work. That being said, what Murgittroyd said is true. I think they ALL understand that this is a business, and in this industry you've got to ride the train while you can. I think they all know that and realized that when they chose a career in the music business. Smiley

However, like I said above, I think a Spring tour is more likely for us and I hope the ladies are enjoying their break. Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 12:19AM »

This may be a little off-topic, but I am looking forward to hearing reviews from our European forum family!  You all have been so patient, and I know that you will have a great time.   Smiley  Smiley

As for the details of the new show, I am content to wait and see.  I know that we will not be disappointed.  Like others have said, we have our DVDs and CDs to tide us over, and to bring back good memories. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2008, 07:18AM »

This may be a little off-topic, but I am looking forward to hearing reviews from our European forum family!  You all have been so patient, and I know that you will have a great time.   Smiley  Smiley

As for the details of the new show, I am content to wait and see.  I know that we will not be disappointed.  Like others have said, we have our DVDs and CDs to tide us over, and to bring back good memories. 
I agree with you,Mary. I felt so bad for all the European CW fans when the tour got cancelled last year. It's about time they get their chance to enjoy the ladies. We are certainly spoiled over here with all the concerts we have had the privilege of seeing.

I must admit to getting a little impatient about the taping details only because I have something else going on in August and I hope the dates don't clash!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Maggie
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32AM »

I know the other shows were taped in Ireland, but how were tickets sold: directly from CW?? I was wondering if tickets would go on sale from the PBS station near the location or from CW directly.   Anyone have an idea?

It may be different here in the USA, but tickets for the tapings in Ireland were free.
After they announced it you had to apply and be approved, I think there was a limit of 2 per person but I could be wrong.

.....We all understand where their lives are, but sometimes you have to make hay in the sunshine and they are a VERY hot ticket in the US, right now.
....CW is still a business and they realize that, for sure....

The European Tour could be expanded, depending on the audience reaction and media reviews.
There is another way of looking at the spacing between US Tours.....demand creates supply, and if you take something away for a while the demand is greater. I think Spring 2009 would be the perfect time to present the new Show. The ladies and crew will be refreshed and raring to go.

Another factor that will make a difference....the price of gas and everything else.....airlines cutting flights...the housing market...$100 concert tickets will not be a priority.
We have certainly had to tighten our belts and will not travel out of State for the next Tour, barring a windfall!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:52AM by Maggie » Logged
nbrock

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35AM »

We received only 11 days notice of taping of ANJ at Slane Castle (but thankfully were able to throw the trip together  Cheesy).  About 6 weeks notice for ACC taping in Dublin.  Soooooo, who knows what the schedule will be for the NEW show  Huh

Tickets were complimentary for both, but you had to request them and tell WHY you wanted to attend.  They made it seem almost like a contest.  Then you had to wait for confirmation that you'd been selected.  Crowds were small - 700 seats for ANJ, and even family & friends only attended one evening , not both!

As for the tour, I'm betting on next Spring.

Let's hope that all of us get the opportunity to witness the magic this year.  I know it will be worth the wait!

Norma
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 11:48AM »

Eleven days?!  Wow, well, I suppose it's one of those things that if it's supposed to work out, it will.  (But please, let it work out!!!) Grin

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2008, 12:43PM »

I suppose it's one of those things that if it's supposed to work out, it will.  (But please, let it work out!!!) Grin

I'm with you on that Kelli.  I really don't expect to be able to go {though I very badly want to}, but what you said is certainly true, and exactly how I feel about it. Wink   So, I guess we'll just have to see what we find out.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2008, 05:03PM »

AGREED! Seeing as how our European pals have never had the chance to see the ladies yet, there are going to be some ENTHUSIASTIC REVIEWS coming our way!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: