Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found this on Youtube  (Read 14773 times)
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« on: May 14, 2007, 06:17PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L58Ov3rvnI

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
L.A. Girl

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:14PM »

Western Rose,

Thanks so much for the info, I really enjoyed the short video. Do you happen to know how many songs Deirdre appears in on the C.T. DVD?

Bye,

Dianne
Rianne

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:11PM »

Two; "Time To Say Goodbye" and "The Last Rose Of Summer".
And she's still there at the beginning of "La Danza" (which comes straight after "Time To Say Goodbye"), until the guys start challenging each other for her attention and chase her off the stage  Grin

Of course, the DVD has Máiréad (with, among others, "There Is No Night") on it as well......

Luv,

Rianne

Celtic Jenny
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 04:34AM »

There's our girl!!  That little presentation was done by Don Pettigrew for Deirdre.  I'm in the process of putting it up on Deirdre's MySpace account.. I just haven't had time with school, but after tomorrow I'm off for two weeks and will be making some updates to her fansite as well as her MySpace account.  She just came back from her Middle East tour and is at home in Ireland right now resting up.  I'll be posting links once I do all the updates for her. 

Glad you found it!   

Lots of love,
Jenny xx
Texan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 01:25PM »

Dierdre’s videos

Thanks to Don Pettigrew for posting a video on Youtube. In case you’re not aware, for  those of you who wish to download videos from youtube to your hard drive you can do so. I’ve used it on several youtube videos. It works great. I’ll eventually burn them to DVD media.

Just download from link below and then install. It’s free.

http://www.download3000.com/developer-18890.html

or,

http://www.youtubedownload.altervista.org/

edit: Well, I just tried the link and can’t get to it. Actually, it’s been that way for a few days. Says traffic temporarily blocked. Altervista.org is actually the home page for the software. Hmm, I do have the install/setup file on my desktop. If the link is still not working in a day or two and you want the installation file send me an email. And yes, I scanned it with two separate virus programs. No virus found.

There are some steps to take after you install the software.

1.   Paste the video URL in the first box. This saves a text file I believe. You have a choice of where you want to save it, Your Video Files or wherever. Name the file whatever you want.

2.   Second step – click on the video option and select the output file format, probably WMV for most of us. Be sure to select the file from step 1 to convert (contains the URL).  See the …folder box. You can also select the video quality, I use the highest setting.

That’s it. For video playing is always better picture quality when viewing at about 50%, not full screen. Should have no problem playing the video using Real Player, windows media player, Nero Show Time, whatever.

Oh, and don’t forget to download the video of Deirdre with Celtic Woman on the LateLateShow. I’ve had it on my desktop for quite some time but it’s on Youtube also.
Just do a search for for Deirdre Shannon. It’s one of my favorite video clips. It was taken not too long before Celtic Woman’s coming out concert in Ireland at “The Point”. It starts off with Deirdre singing. Of course, she looks and sounds great. Well, they all do. I'm sure many of you have already seen this.

I wanted my own copy because it’s the only one I’m aware of where she sing’s with Celtic Woman and never sure how long it will stay on Youtube. Danielle had it on Lisa's (much older) website. But, no longer available there.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
Birdwatcher

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 08:03PM »

Wow: That video of Deirdre and The Celtic Tenors was done here in my city and I missed the concert. What a bummer! I need to keep up with local events better.
Kelsey

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:32PM »

Thank you for posting.  I really enjoyed getting to see this.  Smiley

Texan

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 07:21AM »

Looks like someone just posted a new video on youtube for Deirdre.
Titled "Tribute To Deirdre". I think it's Emma. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg19BPEPv1w

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 02:36PM »

Looks like someone just posted a new video on youtube for Deirdre.
Titled "Tribute To Deirdre". I think it's Emma. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg19BPEPv1w

Lester

Yes I made that  Grin. I'm working on Tribute videos for all the girls.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 02:39PM »

Yes I made that  Grin.
Great job!  It's beautiful.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 02:55PM »

I agree this has got to be one of the best tributes of any of the girls. The selection of music and the selection of pictures that outline Deirdre's carreer. I noticed one picture from the Lord of the Dance this was from 10 years ago that was when I was first aquainted with Deirdre.

Yes I made that  Grin.
Great job!  It's beautiful.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:17PM by Dwight » Logged

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
crshowfan

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:51AM »

Thanks for posting this!  It's great!
KatieK
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 10:14AM »

Great video, thanks for posting

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 04:11PM »

Yes I made that  Grin. I'm working on Tribute videos for all the girls.
Just want to give a little shout out to Western_Rose for her beautiful CW fan site (http://www.freewebs.com/newjourney/)!  She's already updated it with news of Méav's new career path, and photos of Lynn in the gallery.  Good job, and worth visiting.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 06:30PM »

That's very fantastic. I can see them all as possibility.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: