Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Party's Over............  (Read 6759 times)
Maggie
« on: May 18, 2008, 04:52AM »

So......A New Journey is history here in the USA.......

The whole CW Team are looking forward to seeing their loved ones again.....catching up on family news.....sleeping in their own beds!
They can walk down the street or check into a hotel without being accosted, or being subjected to an "accidental" meeting.....they can go shopping without anyone giving a second glance. 
Life can get back to normal......for a couple of weeks, anyway.

For those of us who were in the audience, who jumped out of our seats with tears in our eyes at the end of Mo Ghile Mear, who laughed at Chloë's antics, who marvelled at Máiréad's energy, who welcomed Alex with open arms, who welcomed the news of Miss Ellie Porter's arrival, who admired Órlagh's new hairdo, who noticed how well Lynn has settled in...who appreciated every note by the Chorus and Musicians....who loved the whole show...........we give them our heartfelt thanks, we watch them go with sadness, but also with anticipation of the next Tour.....

Safe home......we'll see you later.....slán go foill.....rath Dé oraibh go léir......

"The Wild Geese shall return
and we'll welcome them home
So active, so armed, so flighty a flock
was never known to this land to come
Since the days of Prince Fionn the Mighty."

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:01AM »

Maggie--- I couldn't say it any better than that!!!  So if you don't mind, I just want to say  " Me Too"!!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 06:17AM »

home....its wonderful!

CW.... safe trip home and thankyou

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27AM »

Wonderful post, Maggie! I imagine the girls are so looking forward to going HOME! In the words of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, "there's no place like home!"

Safe travels, CW!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 07:01AM »

I hope they have a great flight back home and get to enjoy some down time. 

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 07:10AM »

I have a feeling as soon as they are rested, some of the girls will be wanting to see the NEW BABY!! Especially Chloe!!  Grin

Moscapoet
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 10:24AM »

Safe travels to all. Home will no doubt be a welcome relief and let them all regain their bearings. They can look forward to an amazing audience at the next DVD recording then enjoy brief tours in the fall but spend most of their time at home working on their individual projects. Maggie, I don't think being accosted or having "accidental" meetings was nearly as frequent or tramatic as one might think. CW fans aren't like rock fans and hounding them for autographs and ripping articles of clothing from them like what you saw all to frequently with known bands of the sixties. While many forum fans would see them away from the venues such as at hotels this tour to my knowledge they did not approach. Forum friends are a different breed of fan. You are right though that back home they are just another face in the crowd for the most part and that is no doubt very comforting. Back to impromptu sessions, festivals, and work on their next CDs which are eagerly anticipated. Thank you to everyone at CW for a marvelous tour.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 10:24AM »

Last night was an evening the boys and I will remember forever.  Thank you Mary, Dianne, Joanne, Rachel, Orlagh, Mairead, Chloe, Lynn, Alex - everyone!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 10:36AM »

Grin Grin Grin. Rich, I think everyone shares in the joy of knowing what a special night last night was for you and your sons. Your review of what happened is eagerly awaited but most of all we want you to be well rested and return home safe. Fervent prayers continue daily for you by I'm sure hundreds of people. I hope last night will provide you with new found energy and strength to overcome the challenges before you. Celtic Woman are gifts from Heaven and that is where the best medicine comes from. 
albopooh

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 10:37AM »

CW,

Enjoy the time off, the rest, and time with your family and friends.  Enjoy being able to do what you feel like doing and not under a time restraint. We all looked forward to seeing you back in concert in 2009! Sooner would be great, but being home with family and friends is what you all deserve for a wonderful Spring Tour!  
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 11:19AM »

Maggie, I don't think being accosted or having "accidental" meetings was nearly as frequent or tramatic as one might think. CW fans aren't like rock fans and hounding them for autographs and ripping articles of clothing from them like what you saw all to frequently with known bands of the sixties. While many forum fans would see them away from the venues such as at hotels this tour to my knowledge they did not approach. Forum friends are a different breed of fan. You are right though that back home they are just another face in the crowd for the most part and that is no doubt very comforting.

Still though, from time to time I'm sure they get people (forum OR non-forum types) who spot them places and just stand there and glare at them or even worse, actually bother them when they're trying to find time to wind down and just be alone. They always have to be "on" with fans and like Maggie said, I'm sure back home in Ireland it's just nice to stroll around and not have people ogling you all the time. Plus, like I said before, there's just no place like home. Smiley Wink

Last night was an evening the boys and I will remember forever.  Thank you Mary, Dianne, Joanne, Rachel, Orlagh, Mairead, Chloe, Lynn, Alex - everyone!

Cheesy Rich! Glad to hear it was amazing. I'm looking forward to hearing more, but like everyone else said, rest up, relax and have a safe trip back to Jax!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 11:35AM »

Thank you so much CW and crew.  Thank you Órlagh, Lynn, Alex, Chloë, and Máiréad for a wonderful tour and helping make new memories.  It was wonderful to meet you, Órlagh, at each of the M&G's I attended.  It was also terrific to meet you, Lynn, Alex, and Máiréad.  Chloë and Lisa, I hope to have the opportunity to meet both of you in the not too distant future as well.  Each of you are a huge blessing and a true gem.  I wish I could have been in L.A. to see you off with Rich and the others that attended, but my heart was with you all, though my body wasn't.  Now, I wish you all a wonderful chance to relax and spend time with your family and friends at home and look forward to when I will have the opportunity to see each of you again.

Julian, I was so pleased to meet you in Toledo.  Good luck with your current pursuits and God Bless!

Jeanine
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:53PM by Jeanine » Logged

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 12:29PM »

Rich it was fantastic last night and glad to meet you and your sons yesterday at lunch an to see  you at show. I told you how close you be  Smiley

Craig
mainopsman

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 11:53AM »

The cast has gone home, for a well deserved rest. They have left us with the memories of fantastic music and talented performances.  They may be gone physically, but they will always be in our hearts.    Thank you for making our hearts sing! 

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Green Clay Hound
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 02:01PM »

Godspeed to all at Celtic Woman LTD..And thanks for the ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: