Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Celtic Music???  (Read 8454 times)
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« on: May 29, 2008, 09:47AM »

The American Society of Hypertension has confirmed what we already know, listening to Celtic music for 30 minutes a day for one month has significant reductions in blood pressure.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:49AM »

Someone oughta tell Lewis Black. Grin
Nice find, Bottle!

Maggie
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:28PM »

I just read about the study.
They said it was beneficial to listen to Classical, Celtic or Indian Music.
I guess it depends on your tastes, but all Members of this Forum know how soothing CW music is.
When Col. Allen was in Iraq, he was the Training Officer with 1st Cav, right in the middle of Baghdad, they had to train the Iraqi Army and it was very stressful.
How did he and his Troops relax when they got back from patrol?
They listened to Celtic Woman of course, and watched Chloë's DVD "Walking in the Air", which has to be the best for lowering blood pressure.

QUOTE:
"ASH: Listening to Music Daily Lowers Blood Pressure

THURSDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- Listening to soothing music for just 30 minutes a day while performing controlled breathing exercises may significantly reduce high blood pressure, according to research presented this week at the American Society of Hypertension's 23rd Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans."
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:53PM »

I know that I have been calmer since being introduced to CW music. In fact when my radio goes off at 4AM every morning to the sound of a sweet CW lady's voice, I just want to stay in bed.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Meldy

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 02:29PM »

Wow neat find!

(I sometimes use CW & other Celtic music for "anti-roadrage" Wink )

Meldy

Banner by:  Scott
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:22PM »

This comes as no surprise to any of us Grin...Thanks for the info bot1tle and Maggie!
I wish I could figure out a way to pipe CW's music into my school without Admin. strangling me...LOL..but then again..once it started ...hm...maybe... Wink
I play it in my office frequently and everybody asks who it is. By now, most people know..but they ALL like it!
Spread the Word!
Bp

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:09PM »

Oh Lord, this is so completely true.

Work has been kicking my butt here lately. Not because it's hard, but because it's so monotonous and boring. I'm working as a temp right now before I start law school, and it's really mindless work that someone with no brain could do. Needless to say, 8 hours goes by so slowly and sometimes I'm just ready to pull my hair out.

Fortunately, they allow us to listen to our iPods while we work, and let me tell you, it HELPS SO MUCH. Today, I listened to CW, The High Kings, Lisa's CD and Máiréad's CD.

I can't even begin to tell you how much better I felt and how much easier my day was. When I find myself really going nuts, I put on some Celtic music and it instantly calms me down.

You gotta love it.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 04:45PM »

This is so true. I do believe it helps in lowering your BP. Anything Lisa, Chloe, Lynn, Mairead and Orla will lower your BP.
I know it help me a lot I have a very stressful job. When I take my lunch break I Listen to my Ipod and the CW it help me to relax and to regenerate. CW music really helps!!! Smiley

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 05:30PM »

I used to be able to listen to my iPod at work, but no longer since it is considered a safety issue, along with wearing shorts and drinking water (I work in the receiving department of a large retail store where it is 90 degrees inside!). So while I am working, no CW, High Kings, Chieftains, Dubliners. The trade off? Plenty of extra stress and frustration!!!

Maggie
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:22AM »

You know where I played CW music, and it was a big hit?

Early Voting at the Polling Station!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We had early voting for 2 weeks before the FL Primary.
My job was to check the ID, address and party of the Voters.

Many Dems were upset because the Party would not seat the Delegates. This was supposed to punish the FL Dems for bringing the date forward....... Huh Roll Eyes
So many Democrat voters were pretty upset when they came in, saying their vote would not count.
I could not comment on that, what I could do was play some soothing music to calm them down, so I took a pile of CDs with me.
CW, Enya, and "Celtic Chill" among others.

I got a lot of nice comments, they saw the CD covers propped up in front of my laptop and some of the voters asked where to buy them.

Supervisor of Elections has called me for the next early voting starting in August.
CW will be going with me! Wink

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 01:20PM »

Good for you Maggie. Get them to forget teh Dems and Republicans. Vote CW

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Aldhelm

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 01:53PM »

I was completely unfamiliar with Celtic music until I saw CW on PBS in 2005, but that genre has helped calmed me down significantly since then. At the beginning of my Japanese 102 class last semester, the students got to know each other by explaining what kinds of music we listened to. I was the only one that mentioned Celtic music, and when I did I got a lot of impressed oohs and aahs. Cheesy I'm glad that the style has such a good reputation here in the US. Smiley

I've gotten in the habit of listening to LiveIreland.com and the Celtic Radio Music Network while at the computer recently, and that has also been a big help. But since I first heard them, nothing has outdone listening to CW; no matter how many times I listen to the girls, it never gets old or uninteresting. My problems literally melt away as I get lost in their music. Cool Even my parents ask me for their CDs to listen to sometimes.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 01:57PM »

You know where I played CW music, and it was a big hit?

Early Voting at the Polling Station!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We had early voting for 2 weeks before the FL Primary.
My job was to check the ID, address and party of the Voters.

Many Dems were upset because the Party would not seat the Delegates. This was supposed to punish the FL Dems for bringing the date forward....... Huh Roll Eyes
So many Democrat voters were pretty upset when they came in, saying their vote would not count.
I could not comment on that, what I could do was play some soothing music to calm them down, so I took a pile of CDs with me.
CW, Enya, and "Celtic Chill" among others.

I got a lot of nice comments, they saw the CD covers propped up in front of my laptop and some of the voters asked where to buy them.

Supervisor of Elections has called me for the next early voting starting in August.
CW will be going with me! Wink

Sheesh!! I wish I was voting where you are, Maggie!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48AM »

Listening to a lot of Celtic music is very sensible when I have my daddy who has Irish ancestors. He also has an Irish interest and he likes listening to Celtic music as another thing. That's why we like it heard very much and I have it in mind.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:50AM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: