Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had a horrible thought  (Read 8242 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« on: June 11, 2008, 05:57PM »

After reading who will be on tour in Mairead sote, maybe Lisa is leaving the group.

Shocked

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58PM »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LISA PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rigatony60

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:59PM »

where did you read this? the Mairead what? That would be unbearable!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:01PM by Rigatony60 » Logged

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:05PM »

I think Jim is referring to the official Máiréad Nesbitt site.

On her news section, she lists the official European tour dates and it says that Alex Sharpe will be with the group with no mention of Lisa.

This is what it says (copy and pasted):
Celtic Woman - A New Journey is expected to tour in Switzerland, Germany and The Netherlands in September/October 2008 with Máiréad, Chloë Agnew, Órlagh Fallon, Lynn Hilary, and Alex Sharpe, band and choir.

I don't think we should panic though. It's definitely curious, but it could be a mistake. Also, even if Alex does go to Europe with them, it does not necessarily mean Lisa is gone for good.

Let's just wait and see. It'll be alright. We probably shouldn't speculate or worry.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Rigatony60

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 06:14PM »

Ok. I am sure she wants to spend time with Ellie. If that were to happen they would announce it officially. No worries, this post just caught me off guard.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:41PM by Rigatony60 » Logged

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 06:23PM »

Thanks Emily.

Speculate?  No.  Worry?  YES!  I'm going to worry if there's even an inkling of a chance that THE VOICE might not return. Cry

For sure, however, this means that our European friends won't get to see Lisa.  At least they can see Alex..... Undecided

If Lisa needs more time off, so be it.  We want her and her family to be happy and healthy.  I just really hope this doesn't mean the taping......oh, I won't say it.....you know what I mean...

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:26PM »

Speculate?  No.  Worry?  YES!  I'm going to worry if there's even an inkling of a chance that THE VOICE might not return. Cry

Oh believe me, my post above about not worrying was more for myself than anyone else, LOL!  Cheesy I'm very worried, to be honest, but I'm trying not to be.

I think it will all workout. It'll be alright. No worries. No worries...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:28PM by Emily in FL » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:39PM »

Ok, stop panicking. That is the same news blurb that Máiréad's site had for the US tour, they simply changed out the location. If I remember correctly her site also listed Lisa and not Alex towards the beginning of this last tour.

Alex made it very clear that her stint with CW was at an end when the tour concluded. Lisa stated on the CW website that she fully intends to rejoin the group.

I know we all love and miss Lisa but let's try to keep the speculation to a minimum. Worrying about something that probably won't happen won't do anyone any good. I'd hate for Lisa to be reading the forum one day and feel guilty because she chose time with her child over the show.

aislin
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:51PM »

Ok, stop panicking. That is the same news blurb that Máiréad's site had for the US tour, they simply changed out the location. If I remember correctly her site also listed Lisa and not Alex towards the beginning of this last tour.

I'd hate for Lisa to be reading the forum one day and feel guilty because she chose time with her child over the show.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh, ok. That explains it. I knew there was something to it...

I'd hate for Lisa to feel that way too, but I don't think anyone here had those intentions and I don't think anyone has ever said anything to make her feel that way. In fact, I think by us showing how worried we would be IF there was a question of Lisa staying or going, it shows her how much we love her and appreciate her. As FaFo stated so nicely above, we want her to be rested and enjoy the time she has with Ellie! I'm not a mother, (though I hope to be one someday) but if I had a baby, I'd definitely want to spend as much time as possible with him or her. Choosing time with the baby over the show is by far the better decision, I don't think anyone would deny that. No one here wants to guilt Lisa into anything. Smiley

Thanks for the explanation.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:53PM by Emily in FL » Logged

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 07:18PM »

Can we go to Ireland  and bring her and Ellie and the boys back here? Grin

Scott could come too Cheesy

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
paige
Honorary Roadie

Live Life to its Fullest!!

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 08:20PM »

that sounds like a very good idea Jim! haha.  Smiley

Thanks Mel!

Rest In Peace Margaret Ann Pater. 6/2/25-4/6/08
I love you Nana.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:24PM »

I could be wrong here, but if they are doing the ANJ show for Europe, doesnt it make sense for Alex to stay on for those few shows and for Lisa to start back fresh with the new show? By the time she reviews ANJ and practices and gets back in form, it will be time to learn the whole new show. Seems she would have to put in a lot of work for just maybe a dozen shows.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
paige
Honorary Roadie

Live Life to its Fullest!!

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33PM »

very true, cash. thats probably what will happen.

Thanks Mel!

Rest In Peace Margaret Ann Pater. 6/2/25-4/6/08
I love you Nana.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 10:12AM »

There us always the possibility that she doesn't need to review the ANJ or the possibility that they will do the new show for Europe.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 10:18AM »

I sure hope Lisa isn't leaving the group. I would cry even harder than I did when Meav left. I won't specualte but, I'll definetly worry!!!!!  Undecided

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: