Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ''O Holy Night'' (on YouTube)!  (Read 28744 times)
Celeste

« on: May 19, 2007, 11:50AM »

How nice! Someone has finally uploaded the video of "O Holy Night" from Slane Castle to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-8jYpa1-o

This gives fans another chance to see Chloe in her most gorgeous dress: the famous white angelic gown.

The video is a little less "blocky" than it was at that German site that featured it, probably because the YouTube screen size is a tad smaller. At least now, everyone can watch it without having to register.

Even slightly pixellated, it's an amazing video of a ravishing performance. I can't believe it never aired on TV, or was included on the DVD. Perhaps it will be an "extra" in the next CW video.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:00PM by Celeste » Logged

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:58AM »

I'd ask how he/she got the footage, but I'm afraid he/she'd have to kill me.
I mean, why WASN'T this aired? Too out-of-season...? I dunno...
Nice work finding it, Celeste. Smiley

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:00PM »

How nice! Someone has finally uploaded the video of "O Holy Night" from Slane Castle to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-8jYpa1-o

This gives fans another chance to see Chloe in her most gorgeous dress: the famous long, white, angelic gown.

The video is a little less "blocky" than it was at that German site that featured it, probably because the YouTube screen size is a tad smaller. At least now, everyone can watch it without having to register.

Even slightly pixellated, it's an amazing video of a ravishing performance. I can't believe it never aired on TV, or was included on the DVD. Perhaps it will be an "extra" in the next CW video.

I get the feeling that the Christmas DVD coming out later this year has already been recorded.
And where is Hayley?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:04PM by flags » Logged

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 12:09PM »

OMG!  IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 12:24PM »

That is wonderful. Grin  Thank you for finding it Celeste.
vanni9283

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 12:28PM »

AMEN!  That was LOVELY!
fireyred09
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:29PM »

Dear God, that made me tear up! That was so beautiful!  Smiley Cry
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 12:44PM »

Ditto. Just when you think it can't get any better it does ! Lord have mercy.

Celeste

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 01:55PM »

I get the feeling that the Christmas DVD coming out later this year has already been recorded.

Now that's a very interesting point. Do you think that other carols were recorded at Slane as well as this one, and that those will comprise the Christmas DVD?

If so, I can't wait to discover what other carols they recorded. There are so many enchanting ones -- many by the greatest classical composers...

flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:40PM »

Now that's a very interesting point. Do you think that other carols were recorded at Slane as well as this one, and that those will comprise the Christmas DVD?

If so, I can't wait to discover what other carols they recorded. There are so many enchanting ones -- many by the greatest classical composers...

This is how I came to that conclusion. The Slane Castle Show - A New Journey was filmed in August and not released until January, five months after being filmed. So if the Christmas DVD is released in December then backing up five months more or less puts it being filmed in July of this year. Since they are going to be coming off a long tiring tour at the end of June and going back out on tour in the Fall and lasting thru December then the only time they would have free is July, August and September to film. However I would think they would film in a Christmas type of setting. But then the Slane Castle show - A New Journey was actually filmed over two nights. I think I am driving myself nuts so I will just stop now and wait until the DVD actually comes out. But then again it has already been announced that a new Christmas DVD is coming later this year and I don't think they would make such an announcement without already having the product in hand.
I can't figure out why Hayley was not in the o holy night video unless she is leaving the group after the Fall tour. There also were no backup singers.

flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 02:48PM »

I'd ask how he/she got the footage, but I'm afraid he/she'd have to kill me.
I mean, why WASN'T this aired? Too out-of-season...? I dunno...
Nice work finding it, Celeste. Smiley

The pirates are everywhere.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 04:50PM »

Such wild speculation! Wink To the best of my knowledge O Holy Night was the only Christmas song filmed at Slane. Originally it was supposed to be broadcast by PBS when they aired A New Journey in December as a kind of promo for the then just released Christmas Celebration. Why it was never broadcast is one of the mysteries of PBS. Hayley doesn't appear in it for the simple reason that she isn't on the original recording.

They haven't filmed the new special yet. You have to remember that we had no idea when they were filming A New Journey until an announcement saying that they were talking applications for people to be in the audience appeared on CW's website about a month or so before filming.

aislin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 05:00PM »

So, there's only Chloe, Lisa, Meav, Orla and Mairead being filmed in there? How did you know? Shocked

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 05:55PM »

Have you seen the video yet? It's awesome.

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 12:11PM »

I believe this is the only Christmas song that was sung at Slane because they had a full list of what was sung and it included "O Holy Night"

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: