Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ''O Holy Night'' (on YouTube)!  (Read 28729 times)
Celeste

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 12:11PM »

How nice. The "O Holy Night" clip has been given an "honour" by YouTube. It is one of "today's favourite videos" (#90, at the moment):

http://www.youtube.com/browse?t=t&p=5&s=mf&c=10&l=

Of course, it is absurd to think that any of the 89 videos ahead of it can hold a candle to this (or any) performance by Chloe and Celtic Woman. However, if you consider that the typical YouTube rock/pop/rap/etc. audience is hardly predisposed in favour of classical music, to merit a mention at all on such a list testifies to the group's ability to reach beyond modern cultural battle lines, and to touch something deep within people's hearts (whatever their listening tastes may be).

Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:00AM »

I believe this is the only Christmas song that was sung at Slane because they had a full list of what was sung and it included "O Holy Night"

Who had or where was this full list of what was sung at Slane?  I have the DVD, but saw no mention of this song, so I'm wondering where it was listed?

Thanks! *S*
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:53AM »

Here is my take on the song at Slane. Possibly the audience got a special PREVIEW of the upcoming (least in August at that time) release of the Christmas CD. That is why it's not on the PBS or the DVD. When you watch it..you can tell its the CW production crew that filmed it..not an audience member.

Now it would of been cool..if this had been an EASTER egg on the DVD  Grin, you know..that well hidden secret that you have find...buried deep in the recess of the DVD

Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 04:32AM »

I also could tell it was filmed by the TV crew that did the Slane concert, but what I want to know is what list was it on that Western Rose mentions?
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 05:49AM »

this list was originally on the Japanesse Site but I'm not sure if  its still there anyhow here it is
http://www.celticmeav.com/thelark/lark7.html

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
ferngully
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 09:25AM »

i'm not into christmas songs but this one was sung amazingly (if thats a word!)
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 09:38AM »

I love Christmas music! This is my favorite Christmas song and I have never heard it presented more beautifully.

They really do sometimes appear to be earthly angels.

-Kit
Celeste

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47AM »

this list was originally on the Japanesse Site but I'm not sure if  its still there anyhow here it is
http://www.celticmeav.com/thelark/lark7.html

Thank you so much for posting that! At last, the long-standing mystery of "What was really performed at Slane Castle, and in what order was it sung?" is solved.

There was much discussion of possible Easter Eggs on the New Journey DVD when it was released, but no one ever found one (to the best of my knowledge). Wouldn't it be interesting if this track was still there on the disc somewhere, waiting to be accessed by someone with a little DVD savvy...

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 02:04PM »

Your Very Welcome, I sadly do not have the DVD, though I've never been good at finding easter eggs (in the DVD sense  Grin I'm pretty good on Easter  Tongue) I wonder how this person got "O Holy Night" maybe that somehow got it off that german site  Huh

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 06:03PM »

One my favorite childhood memories of Christmas is the following. My family and I go to midnight mass at St. Patrick's back in Illinois and the choir director sings  Oh Holy Night. When I first stumbled upon C W and heard Chloe's voice it occured to me that she would be perfect for that song. Now having seen and Heard it on Youtube Makes me realize how much I miss my family. Especially Mom and Dad may  they rest in peace in God's loving arms.     

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Flaming Fiddle Films

Have camera, will travel

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 10:02AM »

I believe this is the only Christmas song that was sung at Slane because they had a full list of what was sung and it included "O Holy Night"

But isn't Panis Angelicus a Christmas song?  It's on the ANJ dvd and I figured it was a Christmas song because it appears on their Christmas album....

"We're always happy. Life's for livin, yeah that's our philosophy."
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 05:41PM »

Panis Angelicus to me is not a Chirstmas song. Yes it is on the xmas cd and they did perform it at Slane. 

Thanks Lindsey
Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 10:11PM »

But Panis Angelicus is slow, calm, soothing...I don't what it means, though.

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Celeste

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:24PM »

But Panis Angelicus is slow, calm, soothing...I don't what it means, though.

"Panis Angelicus" is my single favourite segment of the Slane Castle concert. That performance shows Chloe looking perhaps more beautiful than at any other time -- and that's really saying something.

Scott kindly provided a translation of the words to "Panis Angelicus" on the Chloe Agnew forum, here:

http://www.my-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=312&mforum=chloeagnew

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 10:55AM »

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: