Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Concert Taping Postponed  (Read 14588 times)
CTofer

« on: July 03, 2008, 08:04PM »

Per the forum's latest announcement, it looks like we'll be waiting a tad longer for that dvd concert taping.  But, hey, look on the bright side (--I know, I know, I can hear ya'll now: "Bright side? :: sniff :: What bright side??"... I know, I know, it left me a bit depressed too. Buttttt--) it will give ya'll more time to save some money. While I would have packed my bags and gone in a heartbeat to wherever they were going to film the concert dvd, I'm actually kinda glad, financially speaking, for the chance to pad my pocketbook a little more.
  And if I may ask Rich for his own personal opinion, given the girls fall schedule, do you feel we will be probably be waiting until next year sometime for the dvd taping?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:11PM »

And if I may ask Rich for his own personal opinion, given the girls fall schedule, do you feel we will be probably be waiting until next year sometime for the dvd taping?
Okay, as long as everyone understands that this is only my opinion.  No, I don't think we'll wait that long.  My hunch is that the European fans will see the ANJ concert, and CW will tape the new show shortly after that tour ends.  I've been in touch with several of the CW performers lately, and they're scattered out all over the globe, either working on other gigs or vacationing.  It became apparent that they weren't going to be able to assemble a full crew in time for an August event.  But they'll all be back together for the European shows, and that'll still give them almost 3 months before the holidays.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:16PM »

Thank you for letting us know!  It's good to know at least when it WON'T be!  Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24PM »

That makes me feel a little better. Maybe I can save up some money and then I might get to go.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33PM »

Well, whenever it is, I know it will be awesome.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:34PM »

Well, kind of a bummer but, whenever and wherever, I shall wait. It did seem like kind of a rush, getting everyone together and back here in the States again, for August concerts/tapings, not very long after the Spring '08 Tour concluded. Plus, with the European Tour, it did seem like an awful lot on CW's plate. So, I'll wait. I was hoping it was going to happen but, it did seem kind of tight, time-wise.

Whenever anyone (Rich?) hears anything new/different, please pass it on.

In the interim, thanks for the news.  Undecided

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:40PM »

I am with CTofer on this, as I think there are some positive aspects here. I know I have said this before (several dozen times in fact  Cheesy ) but , in my opinion, heat & humidity in August, esp.  in some parts of the country, like the southeast, made any outdoor production difficult.  A later date means that a wider range of locations can be selected. I might even go so far as to suggest waiting until leaves change to film it outdoors. Although we may be going too far the other way then, getting into colder weather. And also, as CT said, gives a little more time to arrange financing for the trip.

I see a couple problems though as well. Since summer will be over and kids will most certainly be back in school, this could unfortunatey prevent some of the younger fans from attending. Unless they do it over say Labor day weekend. A long weekend might make it easier for some to attend. Also, how long does it take for the production people to take the raw footage, edit it, and then produce the finished product? I assume a couple months, so the dvd might be ready at Xmas, but not sooner. We wont see it in Oct like we saw the Xmas dvd when filmed in July.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:42PM »

Well, kind of a bummer but, whenever and wherever, I shall wait. It did seem like kind of a rush, getting everyone together and back here in the States again, for August concerts/tapings, not very long after the Spring '08 Tour concluded. Plus, with the European Tour, it did seem like an awful lot on CW's plate.

I agree. When I first heard of the whole thing I thought to myself that it was a very short little window of time to get a lot of stuff done. I mean, maybe that's not how it is, but to me it did seem like a rush.

Edited to add: BTW, I'd also like to say that it's really nice to not see people doing huge amounts of speculating and assuming with this news. I was anticipating a lot of negativity from this announcement (because I figured this would happen anyway) and it's nice to see everyone being understanding and positive.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:53PM by Emily in FL » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CTofer

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:59PM »

"BTW, I'd also like to say that it's really nice to not see people doing huge amounts of speculating and assuming with this news. I was anticipating a lot of negativity from this announcement (because I figured this would happen anyway) and it's nice to see everyone being understanding and positive."

Well I started to write something along the lines of, 'well I think....' and then I thought, I don't wanna start a firestorm, so I'll just ask Rich. (And that way if a firestorm does start, it won't be my fault, it'll be Rich's hehe. Just kiddin' ya, Rich Wink )
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 10:30PM »

Well I started to write something along the lines of, 'well I think....' and then I thought, I don't wanna start a firestorm, so...

I just have to say how wonderful phrases like this are for a moderator to read!  Wink  Thank you!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 11:25PM »

I'm hoping that with the changes in my circumstances since we first heard about the taping, that a later date might possibly make it more likely for me to be able to attend . . ..  We shall see. Roll Eyes

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 02:51AM »

Well, it's postponed, so not cancelled Grin And hey, I think every member would be happy to see a new DVD, regardless of when it's filmed Grin

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 05:00AM »

Well, this gives all of us more time to plan and save up!!!  I am lucky  ( in a way) to be able to go at the drop of a hat, but I know it has to be rough on some of you that must plan about work and responsibilities at home and all the things I used to have to do,too.   One thing for sure-- CW Ltd is a VERY, VERY classy organization and it protects the CW crew, as it should, and I know ALL of us here wouldn't want it any other way.  Soooo, CW Ltd, when you are ready just let us know and we will be there-- regardless of the when's and where's.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
richard

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 05:48AM »

there may be a  better chance for a new DVD/CD later in the year, but that could also be hard with the last show Oct 6.  The time line might run in to Christmas,  but here's to hope
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 06:40AM »

Well, I am a little bummed. HOWEVER, there was a possible conflict for me in August anyway so now I don't have to worry about that. So, I'll just be patient (not one of my better qualities!) and wait for further news.

Thanks, Rich, for letting us know!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: