Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appology for everyone  (Read 23154 times)
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« on: July 05, 2008, 07:16PM »

Everyone on the forum  -  please accept my appology if I have hurt your feelings or seemed to be angry in my posts.  It was brought to my attention that I might have come across as ANGRY or IMPATIENT in some of my posts.  This is ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE.  I am not angry, upset or impatient with anyone, I love you all - you are my brothers and sisters in the Celtic Woman forum.  I think that the problem stems from my use of capital letters to express myself.  I am a VERY PASSIONATE person - and use the caps. to emphasize a point or "try to put inflection into my cyber voice"  I realize now that this was the wrong way to do it.  I have been told that my use of capital letters is considered rude on the computer.  I would never be rude to anyone intentionally, and I am very sorry.  I have also been told that I should use italics or bold letters to express myself.  I finally found the place on the post-page where I can click onto to them, and I will in the future use italics or bold print to do the job.  I am brand new on the computer, never had a class, and I am just bungling my way through in a bid to learn.  If you could find it in your heart to understand and forgive me I would be very grateful.   Love to all  -  Angie

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:25PM »

Hi Angie!

I never found you to be angry in your posts so no complaints from me, although yes it's true that using caps is considered "shouting" on the internet. Wink However, it's perfectly understandable for you to not be aware of that if you are new on the computer/internet! Anyway, I'm sure no one here was truly offended by any of your posts so no worries! We've all made "mistakes" now and then on the forum, no one is perfect. Grin  Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:29PM »

Angie: Like Emily said, "No worries!"  It's like learning a new language.  I enjoy reading your posts, and am glad you are part of this crazy, loving family.  Also, there are options like changing the color of text, etc. if you want to emphasize a point.  It's kinda fun!   Grin  

~Mary

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:31PM »

Thank you girls  -  I will learn, I hope.  xoxo

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39PM »

Angie--- if what you say is true about capital letters--- everyone must think I am the angriest person on the planet!!!   I didn't know it was wrong to do this and I always used it to emphasize a meaning or word.  Boy, I must have shouted a lot!!   It's so very hard to write out what you really mean and trying to put the emphasis on certain words is a hard thing to do. I too have no idea just how I can do it any other way-- but I sure will look into it!!!  So everyone has my appology also.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 07:44PM »

thank you cool2it - I am glad I am not the only one  -  I never found you rude either.  Anyway, we live and learn  xo

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:52AM »

You mean the tiny little birds? I think I have made another topic that shows you perfect pictures.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:06AM »

Angie,
I know a very sweet young lady that DOES THE SAME THING!!!! don't worry Grin when she does this I know that She is excited and there is nothing wrong with it its cute!!!! Roll Eyes

Dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:40AM »

Angie,
Don't worry! Your posts never came across that way to me. So, don't worry about it!!!!!

Megan xoxo

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 10:58AM »

Ya know what--- I've been thinking ( yeah, again!! ) and I have come to realize that there are way too many things that some people think are politicaly incorrect or offensive.   I would never offend anyone on purpose ( at least since I've gotten older!! ) and I will never do it on a forum or in an email.  If I was angry with someone I certainly wouldn't post it  and tell the world about it!!  I have never read anything that someone posted and capitalized any words that I was offended or had my ears hurt from them shouting at me.  Sooooo, fair warning--- I think I will just keep posting the way I have been and I hope no one is thin skinned enough to think I am rude and shouting or being offensive towards them.  Because I  most certainly am not!!   I guess this takes the heat off you, Angie!!!   LOL LOL

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 11:11AM »

I really care about what I posted even if you said your opinions.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 11:26AM »

Thought I must confess I never found you angry or so, I think this is a great thing to post. It shows you are willing to learn about the internet, and that you care about how others perceive you Smiley

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 11:49AM »

KAJ -  Is this what I am supposed to have done?  I do not know WHAT I said that might have offended you  -  I just was telling everyone on the forum who cared to read my post about my fear of birds.  I told you that the photo's were BEAUTIFUL !  -  I love all God's creatures., even birds, when I see them in photo's , or in a cage,  I WISH I WAS NOT affraid of them  -  I was just saying that I have a phobia of birds  which is a serious fear that no one can understand, because most people are not afraid of them.  Some people are afraid of SPIDERS or MICE, or SNAKES  -  and I am NOT afraid of those things  -  just BIRDS.  I certainly was NOT putting YOU down or YOUR BEAUTIFUL PHOTO'S     I don't understand how I hurt your feelings darling  -  it has nothing to do with you, or birds  -  it is all about my FEAR of them.

Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 11:58AM »

Angie, I have never found your post sounding angry or impatient. So don't worry!!! everything is ok  Smiley

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 12:36PM »

Thank you all for your responses  -  I got a personal message from an administrator suggesting I had offended someone -  I just could not FIGURE out WHAT I HAD DONE.  The ONLY thing I could think of was the CAPITALS seeming to be RUDE or ANGRY  -  but I do not think that was it at all now.  It must have been my response to the post on mini-birds - which I didn't think was offensive at all !  KAJ  if I offended you I am very, very, very sorry.    love, Angie

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: