Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to meet some of you  (Read 420805 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 02:23PM »

I met Jim M, and drove him to Pasadena to meet Rich, Chris, Eric, Dwight and Mary-Willow. Then I drove him to the Greek Theater and back to the bus stop.  Jim is good guy and good sense of humor. So if you get to meet him he will tell you CW info from the shows Smiley

Craig
KIMBERLY

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 05:14PM »

If you come through Northeast Arkansas look me up.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 07:01PM »

Edgeman and Kimberly - Thanks!  I will be sure to let you know if I get in your areas.

Craig - Thanks for the kind words.  I will call you when I get back to L.A.

Everyone - I had the great pleasure last night of meeting Cap'n Davey, Scott, and our special guests Kimberly (KAJ) and her dad.  We spent about 3 hours together talking about CW, Kim (and Chloe).  As you may know, Kim is probably the biggest Chloe fan in the world (after her family, of course) and it was fun for me to share a few "Chloe moments" from shows I have been lucky enough to attend and to show Kim the items I have that Chloe and the other CW ladies have signed for me.  Kim is a very sweet, very bright, very pretty and very charming young lady (as you can tell from her posts) and I hope you all have the chance to meet her sometime.  Her dad is a great guy, too.  We are lucky to have Kim as a member of the forum and Chloe and CW are lucky to have such a devoted fan.  So, to  Kim, "dad", Davey and Scott - Thank you all very much for making last night a very memorable evening - and, I hope we can all get together again sometime.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 07:20PM »

Awwww sounds really fun, Jim! Glad you all had a fantastic time!!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 09:04PM »

That sounds very fun, Jim! I'm so sorry that I couldn't make it. Sad

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 03:14AM »

Thanks, Emily and Megan - Yes, as they say, a good time was had by all.  I am in New Hampshire now, leaving shortly for Maine - don't know yet where I will go next.  Stay tuned!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36AM »

Wow Maine another beauitful area of land and animals. A five hour flight to Ireland. Hmmmmm
Cherany

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 03:09PM »

Well, I feel a little embarrassed seeing this thread.  I confess to passing on the offer to meet Jim out of fear of "internet creeps." 

Now I see that several of you have met him (a fact I wasn't aware of at the time), and so far, no one reports that he's a shady character. So, Jim, I would like to publicly apologize for my assumption, which I hope was concealed by my polite response, but which I now feel bad about, regardless.

If a group of you ever get together around Portland, which is where I am, then I would be delighted to meet up (assuming I'm welcome after labeling Jim a possible internet creep!).  A night of chatting about CW sounds like music to my ears (esp. if other people are participating… usually, it's just me gabbing about CW, while my spouse spaces off, lol).

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 04:09PM »

Cherany, is understandable to on the defensive to meet people on the internet. I know I am, yet Jim contacted me from the fourm info.

Craig
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11PM »

Well, I feel a little embarrassed seeing this thread.  I confess to passing on the offer to meet Jim out of fear of "internet creeps." 

Don't be embarrassed. It's always wise to be cautious!!!! Even though we all know each other well around here, there are way too many creepy people on the internet and you just never know.

Fortunately, though, Jim is not one of them. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 05:45PM »

Emily and Craig - Thanks for the kind words!

Cherany - I will be back in Portland one of these days and will let you know when.  Thanks for the apology, although none was really necessary - I would have probably done the same thing in your position.  (I've met about 20 members so far and don't recall biting any of them!)

I'm now headed to York, PA., where I will probably spend tomorrow night - I'm back at Greenland, NH tonight.  Ice cream time!!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 07:21PM »

Well Jim is true, yet you have to trust your instinct on the internet especailly to meet people. But with CWF hmmmm I have Wink  Jim you can get good prices on Aer Lingus to Ireland from the east coast Smiley. I don't know if they charge for check baggage Huh Hint Jim hint Roll Eyes
OrangeTea

le bruit d'une émeute paisible

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 07:27PM »

hehe sorry jim, i missed the inital response.  yeah, i mean san francisco Smiley  and yeah, south bay is just a caltrain away Cheesy 
pm me whenever you're around.  it's so cool that your job can help you meet other fans as well Wink

CRRopes: I'm a penguin! Cheesy
OldFatGuy: I think we just wrote the script to the next Saw movie.
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 09:46PM »

Well - now I'm jealous !!!  I want to meet Cap'n Davy, Scott, Kim and her dad, and Jim - and all you other fine folks on the forum.  Why can't we have a re-union, more like union ?  It would be great !   Who has a good idea about where and when ?

Moscapoet
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20PM »

Cherany it is always wise to be on the defensive with the internet regarding folks you've never met. This is especially true for women and younger folks. Rest assured that Jim is a gentleman and that the folks I've met within the various forums so far are nice people. It's always best to make initial contacts though in a group setting. Err on the side of caution.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: