Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to meet some of you  (Read 416150 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« on: July 07, 2008, 07:40PM »

Some of you know that I work as a truck driver and get paid to run around the country avoiding bad drivers, and, sometimes I get to go to a CW concert.  I have been able to meet about 15 members of this forum, so far, and they are all great folks.  I have talked to a few more on the phone and hope to meet them, too.  I work out of Portland, Oregon, and mostly drive in the western states, but have talked my dispatcher into letting me run east for a while.  So far, I have only made it as far east as Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.  I am hoping to make it to the east coast soon.  I called 2BOB when I was in Tulsa, but missed him (he SAID he was working - hmmm.....).  Anyway, the purpose of this topic is to tell you that I would like to meet more of you - if I come to your town and have time - and we could talk about Celtic Woman over lunch or dinner, if you would like, and have the time.   In the last few weeks, I have been to Seattle/Tacoma, Boise, Salt Lake City, Pasco (WA.), Albuquerque, Orla (TX.), Laredo, San Antonio, Waco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Tulsa, Wichita, Denver, Amarillo, DFW (again) and Houston, where I am now (actually Baytown).  Tomorrow, I get to go back to Laredo, again. (Lucky me!)(#!*#!*!#)  I know it won't be long before I get to Phoenix (our main HQ) and back to California, again.

So, anyway, if you are interested, send me a pm or post here and tell me where you are, and if I get close, I will let you know when and where I will be (as best I can) - I can't get online as often as I would like and sometimes just don't have time for anything but work.  I have made some good friends on this forum and would like to meet each of you in person, too.  Thank you.
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48PM »

Jim  -   if you get to Ca. I would love to meet you.  I need to put a face to my friend.  If you make it to the Riverside area, Temecula, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Corona,  sometime let me know and we can chat.

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:29PM »

Jim you HQ in Phoenix? I am in the Phoenix Area  as is Dwight.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:05PM »

Yes, Jim, my company's HQ is in PHX, but I work out of the Portland terminal.  I met Dwight at the LA show and hope to meet you one of these days when I get to PHX.  Thanks!
Texan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:47PM »

Jim,

I'll send you a PM. Next time you're in the Houston area we can try to meet.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
OrangeTea

le bruit d'une émeute paisible

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:26PM »

i'm in the city, and i would hate to be a truck driver here, but i could come out to east bay if you're ever in the area Smiley

CRRopes: I'm a penguin! Cheesy
OldFatGuy: I think we just wrote the script to the next Saw movie.
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:31PM »

Jim If you are ever in Iowa let me know be glad to meet with you.

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Moscapoet
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 01:48PM »

Folks I've met Jim and we shared a concert together in Bakersfield. He's a great guy and you'd have a great conversation with him. He's as avid a fan of the ensemble and the artists within it as any. Keep on truckin' Jim and drive safely.
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 02:35PM »

If your truck has Sheppard power steering, stop by when you're in Pennsylvania and I'll be happy to give you a plant tour.

Mike

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51PM »

Where are you going to meet me?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 06:29PM »

i'm in the city, and i would hate to be a truck driver here, but i could come out to east bay if you're ever in the area Smiley
By "the city", do you mean San Francisco?  I get to the Bay Area quite often, usually the East Bay or San Jose/Santa Clara area - sometimes Salinas, too.  Thanks!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 06:33PM »

Jim If you are ever in Iowa let me know be glad to meet with you.
I was in Iowa in January and will probably get there again one of these days - I-80 is a main route from the Chicago area to the west.  What part of Iowa are you in?  Thanks!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 06:34PM »

Folks I've met Jim and we shared a concert together in Bakersfield. He's a great guy and you'd have a great conversation with him. He's as avid a fan of the ensemble and the artists within it as any. Keep on truckin' Jim and drive safely.
There he goes again!  Thanks, Scott!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 06:35PM »

Jim,

I'll send you a PM. Next time you're in the Houston area we can try to meet.

Lester
Thanks, Lester!!  I got the pm and will do!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 06:39PM »

If your truck has Sheppard power steering, stop by when you're in Pennsylvania and I'll be happy to give you a plant tour.
I drive a Volvo (for now) and it looks to be a Volvo power steering unit with maybe a German fluid tank.  What part of PA are you in?  I've been to Hershey (for choc. bars) before and to Pittsburgh a few times - and across the state when I went to NJ once, and from south to north and north to south a few times.  Thanks!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: