Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to meet some of you  (Read 416157 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 06:42PM »

Where are you going to meet me?
Kim, you are one of my best pals, and if I get anywhere close to where you live, I will try my best to meet you and your family.  Thank you!!
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 06:48PM »

If your truck has Sheppard power steering, stop by when you're in Pennsylvania and I'll be happy to give you a plant tour.
I drive a Volvo (for now) and it looks to be a Volvo power steering unit with maybe a German fluid tank.  What part of PA are you in?  I've been to Hershey (for choc. bars) before and to Pittsburgh a few times - and across the state when I went to NJ once, and from south to north and north to south a few times.  Thanks!!

I'm in south-central PA, Hanover to be precise; halfway between Gettysburg and York and about 45 minutes south of Harrisburg.  We do steer some Volvos, but if it's not a Sheppard gear then it's probably TRW.  Even with the competition on your truck, though, my offer still stands.

Mike

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 07:02PM »

I found you in my atlas - I've been down US15 before, through Gettysburg on my way south.  If I get in your area again, I will be sure to let you know.  A tour sounds good.  Thanks!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 09:28AM »

Well, my dispatcher just came through for me - he got me a load from Laredo to MAINE!
I haven't planned my route, yet, as I need to go get loaded, but I will be coming near some of you, so will be in touch when I can and hope to meet a few of you.  Thanks!!
Maggie
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 09:35AM »

Let me know if you're ever headed to Mickey Mouse territory FL........ Cheesy
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 10:11AM »

If you come thru Kansas City let me know.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 07:46PM »

Maggie - will do - Thanks!

Sara - I was there in December, right after the ice storm - had to go to the caves, then back to Portland.  Will let you know if I get there again.  Thanks!
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 08:25PM »

I was in Iowa in January and will probably get there again one of these days - I-80 is a main route from the Chicago area to the west.  What part of Iowa are you in?  Thanks!!
Jim I live in waterloo which is north west of Iowa city which I-80 run by. It's not to far so when ever you do make back here to Iowa Will have to see if we can set something up. Maybe some where closer to Iowa city.

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:03PM »

I've been to Waterloo, and Cedar Falls, too.  I am now headed to Maine from Texas, so may well go through Iowa on my way back west later this month.  I will let you know if I get close.  Thanks!
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 11:41PM »

Jim M,
Hopefully, the next time you make a pass through Tulsa you'll be able to stop for a meal (and not a quick stop at 2:45 PM)! Cheesy

I'd like to get you to one of our local pubs for a glass of Guinness, a burger, and a look at some of the lovely Oklahoma gals. I say lovely, as they tend to be noticed for the way they treat a weary traveler like a member of the family. But you probably already know that from some of your stops around Checotah, Pryor, and other small towns across Oklahoma (and Texas)!  Anyway, after a glass of Guinness you might have to wait an hour before going swimming or operating heavy machinery, so we can watch the ladies and talk about missing CW while they are taking a break.

Hope you make it back this way soon...you have my phone numbers.

2B0B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 01:07PM »

Any members in the Balt./DC area are invited to join me and some other Forum members for dinner Sat. night in Jessup, MD.  I'm buying!!  PM me if you want to attend and I will give you more info.  Thanks!    (So far, it looks like 4 members and some family members, too).

(2BOB - will get back to you this evening - gotta drive now!)
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 01:34PM »

Jim,

If you ever get near Philadelphia or Wilmington, De cruising I-95, let me know!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 02:13PM »

Well Jim next time you get to Phoenix you will have to stop by my place and we can Watch CW on my big flat screen  Grin Grin Grin Oh and that other Jim can come over too.  Wink  Oh does anyone watch Ice Road Truckers on Sunday's those are the guys that deliever the heavy equipment into the really remote areas of northern Canada and I mean North. Yellowknife is the south country for these guy's.    Cheesy Cheesy

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 05:43PM »

Zee - You are welcome to join us in Jessup tomorrow night - I will be driving through PA on
Sunday, but think I will go west of Phil. and NYC to avoid all the congestion.  But then, I may come back that way when I leave Maine - or maybe I'll just stay in Maine - bet it's nice this time of year!  I won't know my next dest. until I get to Maine.  Thanks!!

Dwight - Yes, I'll be sure to let you know if I make it to PHX.  Thanks!!  I did see ANJ and ACC on my niece's big tv at Christmas.  Looked great!  Not quite as good as a live show, though!  And, I saw part of the Ice Road show once; too cold for me up there.

2BOB - I was in OK for a few months when I was in the Army (Ft. Sill) and met a few OK girls.  I will be sure to call you if I get there again.  (Probably more WHEN than IF.)  I want to stay out of Cal. and Oregon until the fires subside - I don't do well in smoke!  Thanks!!
Edgeman

Something something something darkside...

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 02:16PM »

If you make it up as far as South Dakota, I'd be happy to fire up the grill and hookah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: