Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to meet some of you  (Read 416112 times)
Sorgi

« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38PM »

Ahh cool, she has HO.  I wonder if she will pick it back up now that she has retired. 

-Dan

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2014, 03:55PM »

hey Jim...congrats on retiring.....I`m retired too ...but because of illness but retirement is WAAAAAAAAAY better than working...it was almost worth almost dying to become retired  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes cool that you have a hobby...mine is the Civil War .

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1307 on: March 10, 2014, 05:40PM »

Thanks, Kevin.  Did you know they make Civil War trains?  They had squirrels in the Civil War, too -- most likely in cooking pots. Wink
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1308 on: April 11, 2015, 04:53PM »

Another update:
I have collected a number of green and white passenger cars which I plan to letter as a Celtic Woman train, maybe putting the name of one of the ladies on each car. Smiley
Today I received the 3rd locomotive for the train -- #1 is The David Downes (he drives the train), #2 is The Band (for their energy) and #3 is The Mairead Nesbitt (another source of energy) Wink -- to go with the 11 cars (one for each of the singers).  It runs very well on the layout (20 feet wide and 33 feet long), where I have completed the mainline loop of about 140 feet of track and can run long trains.Smiley
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:48AM by Jim M. » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1309 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20PM »

I am back on the road again -- this time in the RV -- currently in Everett, Washington, visiting my cousin I have not seen for about 30 years.  Headed back south towards Oregon later today and may visit more cousins on the way. Wink
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1310 on: June 20, 2018, 03:48PM »

I am back on the road again -- this time in the RV -- currently in Everett, Washington, visiting my cousin I have not seen for about 30 years.  Headed back south towards Oregon later today and may visit more cousins on the way. Wink
Apparently, you have cousins like I have...most I`ve seen donkeys years ago.....but they`re the only reletives I have. Amy and Sasha from next door are FAR closer to me than my reletives. I even put Sasha ...a.k.a. "MY SASHA" in my will. Little did I know that some little girl , born in Almonty, Kazakchstan  in 2003 would have such an effect on me...I love her as much as if she my was own real daughter. Who needs real reletives?

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1311 on: June 21, 2018, 02:25PM »

I met one I had never met before.  She lives in FL and is working in WA state.  I am in Dupont, WA. now.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1312 on: June 23, 2018, 10:07AM »

Vancouver, WA, today. Wink   I went to the Mt. St. Helens (volcano) visitor center.  Interesting place.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:24PM by Jim M. » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1313 on: May 21, 2019, 11:45AM »

I am about to go traveling again.  I leave Thursday morning on Amtrak for South Carolina.  My sister lives there and is moving back to Oregon so I will be driving the rental truck for her.  Route east is Eugene to Portland to Chicago to Washington to SC.  I will wave as I go through the Twin Cities (James) and will meet with our friend Kimberly and her parents on my 5+ hour layover in DC.  My sister wants to get this trip done quickly so there will not be time to visit with anyone on the trip back west.  She's paying so she's the boss. Wink
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1314 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51PM »

I am about to go traveling again.  I leave Thursday morning on Amtrak for South Carolina.  My sister lives there and is moving back to Oregon so I will be driving the rental truck for her.  Route east is Eugene to Portland to Chicago to Washington to SC.  I will wave as I go through the Twin Cities (James) and will meet with our friend Kimberly and her parents on my 5+ hour layover in DC.  My sister wants to get this trip done quickly so there will not be time to visit with anyone on the trip back west.  She's paying so she's the boss. Wink
  Safe travels Jim !  Smiley 

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1315 on: May 22, 2019, 06:55PM »

Thank you, sir.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1316 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46AM »

Spartanburg, SC, today, heading west.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1317 on: May 30, 2019, 06:51PM »

Spartanburg, SC, today, heading west.
If you go through Simpsonville... you can wave hi to Tonya.  Smiley 

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1318 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53PM »

Nope, did not go through Simpsonville -- didn't want to get too close to OJ -- but did see Asheville, Knoxville, Nashville, Clarksville and a few other "villes", like Marysville, Kansas, the 'black squirrel city"  (google it).  Visited with our friend Kimberly and her parents during my 5 hour layover in DC on Memorial Day.  We had lunch then went across the street to the Smithsonian National Postal Service Museum, an interesting place.  I had not seen them for 6 years since they visited me in Oregon.  Drove 2,825 miles in 4.5 days and got home later that day on a bus, tired and glad it was over. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: