Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Identify the Instrument  (Read 3676 times)
Cherany

« on: July 21, 2008, 01:27PM »

I am absolutely terrible with identifying instruments (both by sound & by sight), so I have no idea what sort of flute this is, but it has to be the most glorious instrument I've ever heard.  Please help me identify it.

It's in Scarborough Fair (15 seconds in we see it):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_45W-Lq7ftw

(If you have the DVD, it is much easier to see it on your TV, but this is the best I can do.)

It's also in some other CW songs, though I can't recall which ones.  One from Orla, I know.

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 03:41PM »

I think that is the Tin Whistle.

Thanks Lindsey
Cherany

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:06PM »

I just noticed that at 1:26, you get a much better view of it.  (I was posting in a hurry earlier.)  It has this piece that is a different color near the top (er, whichever end is closer to his mouth).  Do they have those on tin whistles?  I tried to Google for images of tin whistles... they seem different.

Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:50PM »

Yes, it's a low tin whistle.

I want one sooooooo bbbaaaaddddddd.....but I can only ever find High D whistles...so I have like...a bajiliion of those. (actually only  two...a Clark and some other one.)

Yeah...Low whistles are by far one of the most gloriouse and haunting instruments EVER!

and as for the different colour at the top, alot of whistles have like...the brand at the top, and alot of them have like...a different colour, like Waltons, I think, are green at the top...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:52PM by Où est le lait de soja? » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10PM »

I would just only guess it has to be a golden one.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: