Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Coffee  (Read 5964 times)
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« on: August 06, 2008, 06:55AM »

No, this isn't a new thread about THAT Irish coffee. About a month ago I purchased some Johnsons Irel Coffee from the Meijer store where I work. I have drunk a couple of cups, but I am savoring it since it cost $8 for just 1/2 a pound. Also, there seems to be more caffeine in there than a whole case of Mountain Dew! Cheesy Has anyone else heard of this coffee or tried it?

Here's a picture I found on the Johnsons Coffee website.

loveCW

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:20AM »

I've never heard of it or seen it, but I'm thinking I'd like it.  Cheesy

Decode....

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:31AM »

Never heard of This Irish coffee, but I love THAT OTHER Irish coffee. Wish I had some now, but afraid the PTB would frown on it.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Maggie
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 03:40PM »

This export deal has been done with help from "Invest Northern Ireland".
Irel Coffee is the export product of Johnson's of Lisburn, County Antrim.
This is what it looks like at home:

Quote from http://www.investni.com/ :
"Top Texan grocer opts for Irish coffee:

Irish coffee roaster Johnsons, an Invest NI client company, has won first-time business from one of the leading food retailers in Texas. Johnsons, based at Lisburn, is supplying its distinctive Irel brand of ground coffee to Albertson’s LLC, which has over 100 grocery stores in Texas, mostly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The Texas stores are part of a network of markets across the US run by Iowa headquartered Albertsons LLC.

Johnson’s has been producing the Irel brand of fine ground coffee since 1913 for retail and food service customers in Ireland. The company also recently secured a major food service deal in UK/Ireland to supply coffee to Norfolkline Shipping on all its English Channel and Irish Sea route services, including its café in Dunkirk.

“Gaining a listing from Albertson’s is potentially a very significant deal for us in the world’s biggest and most demanding coffee market,” says Philip Mills, Business Director at Johnson’s.

“We’re not aiming to be the cheapest but are being seen increasingly as the finest. Our grinding process produces a finer coffee, which tends to go further and to offer consumers greater value for money. Albertson’s was impressed by the quality of our ground coffee and the Irish brand image. We are now talking to the grocer about shipper display stands, a presentation tool which appeals to them,” he adds.

Johnson’s Coffee is a family business that began roasting coffee in the early 1900s, long before modern production techniques had been invented.  While roasting is still done by hand, technology has improved efficiencies in the overall production process, however the company holds firm to the original aim – to produce coffees of distinction.  Exports now contribute 25 per cent of the company’s sales."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:04AM by Maggie » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:32AM »

There can't be a mixture of Irish coffee without water, can there?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: