Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How BADLY can you pronounce Méav's name ;)  (Read 44888 times)
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« on: August 25, 2008, 04:16AM »

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/sarahwarn/michelle-paradise-video-blog-episode-4

Watch the second vid, and cringe in horror with me Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:00AM »

I'm not really sure !!! I just may say it correctly on some of my tries. But I truly doubt it.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:23AM »

That sounded eeriely similar to how a coworker of mine attempted to pronounce Méav's name. Personally, I love to say her name and see people's reaction to how it's pronounced. They look at me in disbelief! I will agree with the two ladies in the video, sometimes Irish does sound Yiddish.

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:32AM »

I can butcher the name very well thank you. Like someone standing on my tongue while I talk.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:30PM »

I can butcher the name very well thank you. Like someone standing on my tongue while I talk.

Jim
I have to agree Jim I do the same thing no matter how many time I have heard it pronounced.

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
TheChloeFan

Peace, Love & Chloe

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:52PM »

I know that she pronounced it like 'mayv' or the Irish version of 'Maeve." I used to say it like 'meev'. *blush*  Lips sealed

Oh, Chloe... YOU ARE AMAZING
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12PM »

Ah!!! *Holds ears* That hurt!! But I probably couldn't pronounce it any better. Cheesy

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 05:18PM »

I've learned it from the first Celtic Woman DVD because it doesn't sound that bad.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 05:46PM »

oh my word!! that's probably the worst I've ever heard it pronounced! at least they said her first name right?

Thanks Jeff and Snookie for the banners!
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 07:05PM »

Actually, I think they were off on her first name too. Cheesy Cheesy
That hurt, man. Shocked

And she apparently is not the only one who listens to "that group".  (Just ask the millions of concert-goers, PBS fans, and forum members!) Cheesy

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08PM »

Oh my. That was..ummmmm.....yeah.

'twas quite enternaining though.
Lotte
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 01:46AM »

That's certainly true, it's quite entertaining Wink And I know it's just a difficult name to pronounce, but it was just funny to see someone else try to say her name (Because I too butchered her name plenty of times before I knew how to say it Grin)

howard

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:02PM »

Hello Everyone,

What I am about to post, I have posted on meavforum.com, you can read it all there,  but just briefly I would like to share with all of you.

I did some research Aug 29th, this video came out in 2007, I found the email address to the host Michelle, (she is the one with dark hair).

So I sent an email off to her but I did it in a friendly manner because I feel that a fan of an artist, when talking about that particular artist UNofficially becomes a spokes person of that artist. I did not want to make an enemy I want to make a fan.

I told her that I enjoyed it and how we, including myself mess up Meav's name.  Also if you watch the video again, she really did not know a thing about CW.  So i gave her a brief history of CW.

I invited her to look at this site and various other sites of of Meav & CW, also check youtube & upcoming PBS show.

Well today, Sept 11th, I received a reply.  Having problem with pasteing but here it is word-for-word:

WOW!  What a great introduction to them!  Thank you so much for all the information - it's really fascinating stuff.  I love the idea that they were put together to show off Ireland and then ended up being this phenomenal success.. Kudos to them!  Smiley

I just checked out Meav's and the Celtic Woman websites and will definitely look them up on youtube when my connection improves...

Thanks Again, and have a great rest of your week!
MP

That's it, maybe there will be a future fan,
Spread the Love!

Best Regards,
Howard

Kelsey

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 03:35PM »

Wow....that was a quite bad pronunciation!

Good job, Howard....you make us all proud! 

Lotte
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 08:58AM »

Hello Everyone,

What I am about to post, I have posted on meavforum.com, you can read it all there,  but just briefly I would like to share with all of you.

I did some research Aug 29th, this video came out in 2007, I found the email address to the host Michelle, (she is the one with dark hair).

So I sent an email off to her but I did it in a friendly manner because I feel that a fan of an artist, when talking about that particular artist UNofficially becomes a spokes person of that artist. I did not want to make an enemy I want to make a fan.

I told her that I enjoyed it and how we, including myself mess up Meav's name.  Also if you watch the video again, she really did not know a thing about CW.  So i gave her a brief history of CW.

I invited her to look at this site and various other sites of of Meav & CW, also check youtube & upcoming PBS show.

Well today, Sept 11th, I received a reply.  Having problem with pasteing but here it is word-for-word:

WOW!  What a great introduction to them!  Thank you so much for all the information - it's really fascinating stuff.  I love the idea that they were put together to show off Ireland and then ended up being this phenomenal success.. Kudos to them!  Smiley

I just checked out Meav's and the Celtic Woman websites and will definitely look them up on youtube when my connection improves...

Thanks Again, and have a great rest of your week!
MP

That's it, maybe there will be a future fan,
Spread the Love!

Best Regards,
Howard

That's awesome! I knew when and how this vid was made, but didn't think of actually informing her she'd kinda said it wrong. Smart of you, and very kind of her to reply! And that she's interested^^

Thanks a bunch!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: