Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Órlagh Website moving  (Read 4414 times)
george

« on: May 24, 2007, 09:45PM »

Hello everyone,

Here's a news flash about Órlagh's official website....

The link to her official website will NOT change.   It's only moving to a new home Smiley

Work is progressing to move Órlagh's Official website   to a new hosting site where it will be run by a new web design firm in Ireland.     Danielle has received high praise for her design of the website from the new web design firm.     This transfer will occur within the next few weeks if all goes according to plan.   

THEREFORE..... if you visit her official website and are not able to link to it, that is because it is in the process of being transferred.    It can take up to 24 in some cases for a transfer to be completed and propogated throughout the internet.    But in my experience, if all goes well, it usually is less than an hour.   

I'll try to post an advance notice of the transfer, but it depends on the information I get from the new firm.    I'll post details as soon as I receive updates.

George
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:48PM by george » Logged

Shooting Star (www.orlafan.com)
a fan website for Irish recording artist
Orla Fallon
KiernanKate
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:49PM »

will it have a web address change at all ,.... will the forum go blank now?
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:30AM »

No disrespect to Danielle, but I've always disliked sites set up with frames and tiny writing.  I did enjoy the floral and parchment paper motif, I thought that was really nice, but frames and tiny fonts didn't make it enjoyable for viewing. 

So I hope the new designers have it set up so that all clickable links take you to a fresh new page, with easier to read font sizes.  *S*

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:38AM by Sassy » Logged
george

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:01PM »

When you visit the website, there will be no changes to the address and the web site.    As to the design, I have no further information about any changes.    For now, as far as I understand, the website is just moving  to the new webmaster.    I don't know about any plans for changing it for the moment.    With regard to the forum I have not heard anything about it being cancelled.    It's business as usual.    I'll try and give you all advance warning of the day of the move.

George

Shooting Star (www.orlafan.com)
a fan website for Irish recording artist
Orla Fallon
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48PM »

Hello George,

On Órlagh's official site under her diary, she has posted on 6/1 that she has thanked Danielle for all of the work that she has done.

I suspect that the transfer has already been made and there are no issues that I can tell, all as gone smoothly.

Thanks for making me aware of the change George and for all that you do with your great fansite.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: