Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observation in ANJ DVD  (Read 13163 times)
KiernanKate
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:36PM »

Not sure where these type discussions go anymore, hope it's okay here.....

I just watched a bit of ANJ, after who knows how long...... and I noticed something a bit odd at around 16:41 time index, during Newgrange....

The camera does a close up of Ray Fean, and I just noticed there is someone standing right behind him, that isn't a choir member or anything.... so I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this, and who could this person be?  Sorry I don't have a screen shot to show....   Embarrassed Embarrassed
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:31PM »

Hey Erin, I'm pretty sure that it's a cameraman that is behind Ray. Here's a screenshot I just pulled up:

KiernanKate
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:32PM »

Thanks!! yea that's what and who I saw...... just thought it was kinda odd I never noticed that before. 
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:33PM »

Yes, I have seen this before. It's one of the cameramen who gets the close up shots during the taping. That particular shot may or may not have made it to the final edit.

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 02:35PM »

Actually, it kind of looks like Nicky in a trenchcoat sneaking up. He's not going to sabotage Ray's drumkit is he? Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:34PM by Anderpaw » Logged

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:37PM »

You can see the same guy, just a bit earlier, actually going up the steps to Rays Drum Set

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 06:36PM »

I always see those cameramen and think its someone else too  Cheesy Those sneaky cameramen!

Thanks Lindsey
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:14PM »

haha that's a very obvious spot. He needs to learn how to hide better. lol!

Thanks Jeff and Snookie for the banners!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 04:14AM »

While at the Christmas Taping, the one afternoon I got in, they had those cameramen all over the stage, practically at times, right in the faces of the orchestra, Ray, Nick, etc.  Thats how on the DVD you will see the really close up shots, those were done on Wed Afternoon.

CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 11:24AM »

Actually, it kind of looks like Nicky in a trenchcoat sneaking up. He's not going to sabotage Ray's drumkit is he? Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I actually thought it was Nicky at first!!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 05:01PM »

Mel, good point on the close ups on WED afternoon you were in there and at night. The auidence shots were on that same night too. I zoomed on very frame of each song  seeing me when shows the audience panning down to the stage and from the floor Smiley Smiley Smiley
Parker Gabriel

The British Isles may become all I have left.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 11:42PM »

If that camera operator did make it into the shot, then it was due to carelessness on the part of the editors. Sometimes editing can be very klutzy for productions under heavy time pressures.

The British Isles may become all I have left.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 10:03PM »

If that camera operator did make it into the shot, then it was due to carelessness on the part of the editors. Sometimes editing can be very klutzy for productions under heavy time pressures.

Like Meav "teleporting" during the intro to Spanish lady

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: