Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Taking a Stand for Life  (Read 6986 times)
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« on: October 04, 2008, 11:21PM »

ADMIN NOTE: I'm only going to say this once on this thread, so please, pay attention. The topic is about abortion. Try as I might, I can’t think of a more divisive issue. We’ve always tried to be very open about free speech here and not delete things outright just because we thought they might cause us problems, but we do closely monitor discussions that might get out of hand. So, fair warning, if this thread devolves into a humongous debate over abortion we will lock it without a second’s hesitation. People are going to believe what they are going to believe, especially about something like this, and no amount of arguing on an internet forum is likely to change that. Please keep that, and our forum rules, in mind. aislin

This is something near and dear to my heart. and I will be involved in this event.  I know That some of you will be unable to participate due to the nature of your work etc. you can pray for those who are able to. I know that others of you will choose not to participate. All I ask is that you look at the site(www.silentday.org),then you decide what you will do. I'm not going to pressure you to participate. I leave that choice to participate or not,up to YOU.

Thank you,
TCG

P.S. You do not have to be a student to participate
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:51AM by aislin » Logged

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
CTofer

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 12:29AM »

Thank you for sharing this, you have my support.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:49AM »

There is the big march for pro-life scheduled in January in Wash DC. Also, last month there was a, what would you call it, cross planting?, people in a local small town put 400 (I think thats the number) crosses near roads to raise pro-life awareness.

So why is your event on Oct 21st? Is there significance to the date? I can understand why a march would be in january, since this is an election year and the new President assumes power jan 20th.

I could be wrong, but it seems there are a lot of the pro-life awareness events, but they seem somewhat scattered throughout the year. Some may be national while others are local. I guess I notice but dont pay close enough attention. But that leads to my next question. Is there coordination among the various groups?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:24PM »

Thank you for your support CTofer. I woulld encourage you to pray for those participating,if you are not able to participate yourself.

Cash,I believe it is set in October because October is Right To Life Month,but the silent day is not always the 21st,last year it was the 2oth.  Yes,some of the events you have seen are local while others are national. Sometimes the groups do coordinate on events. Lifechain, for example, is an national event that coordinates with local groups.

CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:41PM »

There is the big march for pro-life scheduled in January in Wash DC. Also, last month there was a, what would you call it, cross planting?, people in a local small town put 400 (I think thats the number) crosses near roads to raise pro-life awareness.

So why is your event on Oct 21st? Is there significance to the date? I can understand why a march would be in january, since this is an election year and the new President assumes power jan 20th.

I could be wrong, but it seems there are a lot of the pro-life awareness events, but they seem somewhat scattered throughout the year. Some may be national while others are local. I guess I notice but dont pay close enough attention. But that leads to my next question. Is there coordination among the various groups?

I went last year, it was an awesome experience.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54PM »

Virtue media showed their newest ads that they are running. The people in charge are or were parishoners
 I say were because they moved back east, I believe

One of the spots shows a couple who adopted, which hits home as my wife is adopted and my niece adopted 2 boys.

The othe spot is of Jane Roe who is Pro Life now.

Jim

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:56PM by zankoku » Logged

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
KatieK
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 01:24PM »

this was the theme for my liturgy team last year (Its time to take a stand). every student adopted a baby, that they prayed for everyday. I feel that every baby should have a chance to live!

Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49PM »

I went last year, it was an awesome experience.

cool,Pat.

Jim,What is virtue media? I'm not familiar with it.

What a coinicidence,Katie.

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:18PM »

virtuemedia.org

This is from their web site

VirtueMedia is a Christian values-based not-for-profit that creates and broadcasts effective, compassionate, and educational Sanctity of Life media messages, to bring about a positive change in hearts and minds.

VirtueMedia’s goal is to encourage parents to make an educated decision to choose life for their baby, and for our American culture to support the sanctity of all human life.

VirtueMedia began as a small, grassroots ministry in Arizona in 1998. In my parsih in fact.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: