Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berlin review  (Read 7391 times)
bestbossi

Celtic woman: The voice of angels

« on: October 06, 2008, 02:23PM »

At first I will say sorry for my bad englisch, but when I learned school english it's about 30 years ago.

Then I will say hello to all fans of the CW here in the forum.

The concert in Berlin was at the Tempodrom. This is a concerthall built like a big top. So all the people are sitting in a circle. The hall is 30 meters high and the capacity is 3.500 people. The acoustics was brilliant I think.

When the concert starts 2000 people are inside. The show starts with "The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun". Already the first song fascinate me. It was brilliant. The second song was one of my favoritesongs: Caledonia. Wow, Lisa "the voice" Kelly was in top form.

The audience in Berlion was also in top form. And so there came one song after the other and after 50 minutes when the first part ends, I look to my watch and can't believe, that the time is running so fast.

In the second part of the show, one highlight is followed by the other. "Last rose of summer", "Newgrange", "at the ceili" and so on. There was no song missed from me. And the audience also raise up, as longer as the concert goes on.

When i saw the DVD from CW, Orla was the only one, who don't convinced me to 100%. But since  last evening a cancel this statement. She plays harp and sings very good. Also the new woman Lynn is very good and more than only a substitute.

At the end of the show they played "you raise me up". It was sop brilliant, that my eyes become a little bit wettish and the hairs on my arms stands up. The audiance stand ap and give them a great applause and screamed and shout. The concert ends with "Spanish lady" and when I drive home 200 km I instantly began to sing and pipe. If it was possible I would go on the stage and embrace every woman.

Before I forget to say: "My" Mairead swirls over the stage and plays fiddle like a dervish. She was so terrific. When I look to her on the stage I think my wife was a little bit jealous.  Grin

Therer is one fact: When the CW returns to germany, there is no way to far.

Love is like a piece of gold, hard to find and hard to hold.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:42PM »

Sorry to intrude you, bestbossi, but I think I posted a welcome in another topic for you.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:07PM »

Thanks for the review.  I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. 
Welcome to the forum, your English is just fine.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:44PM »

Yes-- You are hooked on the girls-- for sure!! LOL  You English was great and if anyone doesn't understand it-- it's their problem!!   Welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:41PM »

Thank you for your review of the concert I'm glad you had a great time.
Welcome to the CW forum bestbossi!!

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:05PM »

Thank you for your wonderful review!!  Welcome to the forum! Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
bestbossi

Celtic woman: The voice of angels

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 11:49PM »

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I will write a little bit more about me in the new members section.

Yesterday, when I recall the concert in Berlin I fiind, that the title of Mike Oldfields new CD was the best depiction for the concert: "music of the spheres".

Love is like a piece of gold, hard to find and hard to hold.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 05:56PM »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, bestbossi!  I'm glad you'll do whatever it takes to see them in Europe when they next return.  Start spreading the word to people you know...the more popular they become the faster they'll return!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: