Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW and School  (Read 8871 times)
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« on: October 23, 2008, 04:06PM »

Ok,So I'm singing Lascia Chi'o Pianga for my college juries and I was wondering, are any of y'all working on CW songs for school,church, contests,etc?

a side note: My accompaniment professor recognized the song as being one that CW sang! She told me she has the  ANJ cd and loves it!  Also,I was sitting outside practicing it one time and another music professor said to me as he passed by," I love that Irish Music!"  This is very exciting because not many people know of them here.

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
KiernanKate
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:22PM »

Texas Good luck! Whoa, I'm impressed by your ambition!

I sang The Blessing, and Siúil a Rúin last March for a music festival that I've done every year since I was little.  (except for the two times that I wasn't able to because of a cold, and I believe the other year I had just had surgery).
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 04:32PM »

Thanks Erin! Grin Did you videotape the songs you sang?

KiernanKate
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:35PM »

Yea mom recorded it on her video camera... and I did get permission from CW Ltd to put it on youtube and here as a link, but it never happened.

Mom basically confiscated the tape, and since I moved out now........ I have no real way to get it on youtube now. No idea where the tape is..
celtic_ Jen

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 06:18PM »

I just sang Lascia Ch'io Pianga for my college placement audition about a month ago.  Right now, I'm working on Siulil A Run.  I try to sing CW songs every chance I can.

Good Luck with your college juries!  I have to do juries in December.

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 07:16PM »

Hey Tex !!! I must say I am very impressed . Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  You go girl!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52PM »

Thanks Gary! Grin Grin

That's too bad Erin. Sad Tongue

That's cool,Celtic Jen! Yup,my juries are in December too.

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57AM »

yes, i performed ave maria and the voice for a solo ensamble,

Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 11:07PM »

awesome,Talia! I worked on The Voice this year  in applied voice. Grin

meganelize

Taken at the gaol in dublin in July 2008

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 11:13PM »

I am not allowed to choose my own songs, as my voice director decided she picks out songs better for me then I, and she brought in Panis Angelicus and Danny Boy, telling me those were perfect for my voice and range. Knowing the songs I didn't look at the sheet music too much... several lessons later I noticed who arranged the songs.

Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like solitary confinement.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 06:11PM »

I'm not a music major, but I am involved with Penn State's choir. Smiley  I sang Vivaldi's Rain for the audition last year, and the voice faculty enjoyed it.  They said it was a very fun and bouncy song. Cheesy  I'm also singing Ave Maria for my voice lesson. Smiley

When I was in high school, I would always sing The Blessing, Caledonia, and sometimes (on a good day--the low notes were a bit difficult for me Cheesy) Send Me a Song for small ensemble concerts too. Cheesy 
Jwad

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 05:46AM »

Im so glad all you guys are singing CW songs in school!  I soooooo would sing Lashia Chi'a Pianga if I were a voice major...but im a brass major...lol...I guess I could always play it on my horn!  HA!  Good luck with your jurises, Tex!!!

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 06:39AM »

Ok, so I'm a band/chorus dropout, but CW still helps in school (if I could only take out my mp4 during class). It's the only music I can listen to while effectively doing my math and biology homework, and during Go Club, if I'm listening to CW songs, I can score higher than if I don't listen to it. (For what is Go, check out http://www.usgo.org  ...since being calm is one of the most important things during the game)

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: