Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caledonia  (Read 21608 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 08:15AM »

Thanks Maggie. That was a great version by the songwriter and as good as it was, I prefer Lisa. Guess my Irish blood is stronger than the Scot blood in me. <g>

Jim Grin

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 06:23PM »

It's no contest, as far as I'm concerned. (Rich knows my feelings here). I think "Caledonia" is just SO Lisa! It's her song. It fits her. It suits her so well. I must have seen (on DVD) Lisa perform this a 1000 times by now (literally) and I still get tears in my eyes watching her perform "Caledonia". It's not to take anything away from anyone else who performs this song but ... Lisa, what can I say. In fact, if I remember correctly, way back when I first discovered CW, it was Lisa and "Caledonia" that won me over big time! Not just the song but (as Rich said) watching Lisa perform this song is the ultimate. She is radiant. She exudes a beauty that is completely unmatched. By anyone. (In my opinion). That said, I don't think I could ever ask for a better version of this song than when Lisa performs it.

Hope I'm being clear enough here on this.  Wink

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 09:08PM »

I will say that I was surprised how good the other two sounded. I was not sure how guys doing the song would work either. But Lisa did a more popular arangement of the song where the guys did a more ethnic sound, like you might hear in a pub let's say. While I do like the fellas sound o.k., and it would fly in a pub with some fine brew, it's just not LISA. Lisa is also the first I ever heard do Caledonia so I am sure she locked it up in my head forever. When I learn it on the keyboard I will wish she were singing along....... Wink

" Winners have two things, definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them."

Slow down if you need to, walk if you must, crawl if you can't do anything else, but don't quit!!

"Pain is temporary, quiting is forever"

Everything Counts

The most important, " ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 05:04AM »

it's just not LISA. Lisa is also the first I ever heard do Caledonia so I am sure she locked it up in my head forever.

Amen to that Life! Amen to that! My thoughts exactly. As I say, not to take anything away from anyone else who performs this song but, 'tis Lisa and her performance of "Caledonia" which, in my opinion, remains unmatched by anyone else. And, given how I feel about Lisa, chances are, no one will ever change that for me.

... Bill

Maggie
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 06:28AM »

I think"Caledonia" is just SO Lisa! It's her song. It fits her. It suits her so well.........I still get tears in my eyes watching her perform "Caledonia"....... Lisa, what can I say... it was Lisa and "Caledonia" that won me over.........watching Lisa perform this song is the ultimate. She is radiant. She exudes a beauty that is completely unmatched...... I don't think I could ever ask for a better version of this song than when Lisa performs it.
..... Lisa is also the first I ever heard do Caledonia so I am sure she locked it up in my head forever.

........'tis Lisa and her performance of "Caledonia" which, in my opinion, remains unmatched by anyone else. And, given how I feel about Lisa, chances are, no one will ever change that for me...

Hope I'm being clear enough here on this.

So Bill.....are we to understand you like Lisa's version then?

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 06:38PM »

I think"Caledonia" is just SO Lisa! It's her song. It fits her. It suits her so well.........I still get tears in my eyes watching her perform "Caledonia"....... Lisa, what can I say... it was Lisa and "Caledonia" that won me over.........watching Lisa perform this song is the ultimate. She is radiant. She exudes a beauty that is completely unmatched...... I don't think I could ever ask for a better version of this song than when Lisa performs it.
..... Lisa is also the first I ever heard do Caledonia so I am sure she locked it up in my head forever.

........'tis Lisa and her performance of "Caledonia" which, in my opinion, remains unmatched by anyone else. And, given how I feel about Lisa, chances are, no one will ever change that for me...

Hope I'm being clear enough here on this.

So Bill.....are we to understand you like Lisa's version then?

Just a smidge Maggie! Just a smidgeWink

... Bill

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 06:31PM »

Lisa's version kicks celtic thunders versions buttt!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 11:46PM »

Lisa's version kicks celtic thunders versions buttt!

Excuse me?! I do prefer Lisa's over CT but only by .5%. There shall be no kicking of CT butts around here. (keep in mind my future husband is in that group! Damian to be exact!)  Cheesy LOL JK!

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 03:22PM »

Same here Tongue

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 04:25PM »

I once saw a "Celtic Thunder vs. Celtic Woman: Caledonia" video, considering they would show about 10-20 seconds of CW's version then a whole minute or more of CT, So I could sort of guess their opinion  Cheesy. Anyway I like Lisa's version better, but hey I usually don't compare male and female versions of songs. But here's an exception  Grin

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 04:45PM »

For me, first of all, Lisa's version was the first verision I'd ever heard (strictly Rock, Country and Bluegrass prior to discovering CW and my love of all things Irish) and many times, it's that first version that just sticks with you. Secondly, and of course this is merely my own opinion but, I've alway thought, always felt, that women were just naturally better singers than men, anyway. Mind you, that's just my opinion. And it's certainly not to say that men can't sing. Of course they can. But, I'd rather hear a beautiful lass sing a song as opposed to hearing a man sing it. That's just me. But, that said, I of course like Lisa's version far better.

... Bill

Celtic Kiwi

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47PM »

I would have to go with Lisa's version of Caledonia. Probably
because I prefer females singing these types of songs. And I
also prefer just the one singer, singing it. And who could resist
Lisa's lovely voice. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:50PM by Celtic Kiwi » Logged
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 12:38PM »

I prefer Lisa's version, she just makes it magical!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 06:33AM »

It's Lisa's song  Grin She sings it with so much joy and conviction, it's magical and my favorite solo  Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 06:53AM »

I prefer Lisa`s version,too. In fact,even though she is THE VOICE, I prefer to hear her sing Caledonia. 

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: