Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caledonia  (Read 21673 times)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 11:46AM »

I must agree with you Kevin. That's why I trying to think of another nickname for her...

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
binti

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 07:20PM »

Caledonia is my favorite Lisa song and I can't imagine anyone ever doing it better, with more expression or spirit. 

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 01:13AM »

Caledonia is my favorite Lisa song and I can't imagine anyone ever doing it better, with more expression or spirit. 

Caledonia is tied with The Soft Goodbye for my favorite Lisa song. It has a lot of personal meaning to me.

Chris

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 02:50AM »

Caledonia is tied with The Soft Goodbye for my favorite Lisa song. It has a lot of personal meaning to me.

Chris

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. (I still feel that "Caledonia" is 'Lisa's song'. "Caledonia" is just so Lisa)! And I love this on "Live At Slane Castle". With Lisa and Helen, Ann, Kira, Lorraine, Roisin and Rosemary in on it, this has become an absolute favorite of mine. But, I also love, of course, "Send Me A Song"!!

I don't know how anyone on earth could possibly sing these songs better than Lisa.

... Bill
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:52AM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 05:32PM »

Caledonia is my favorite Lisa song in the group but I love all her songs in the group. Lisa's version is by far the best version ever. Once Celtic Woman does a song, no other person should do it, even if they did it first. I also heard someone from Celtic Thunder do You Raise Me Up and it didn't work to well either. Well, that's my opinion.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 01:20PM »

Caledonia is my favorite Lisa song in the group but I love all her songs in the group. Lisa's version is by far the best version ever. Once Celtic Woman does a song, no other person should do it, even if they did it first. I also heard someone from Celtic Thunder do You Raise Me Up and it didn't work to well either. Well, that's my opinion.

It depends for some songs on the CDs, but CW does PWN live on stage.

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 01:06PM »

I much prefer Lisa's rendition over CT's.  I'm also a big fan of Dougie MacLean's version.  If you're interested in an altogether different take on this wonderful song, try Delores Keane's.  Her rendition borders on haunting, which I'm not sure is the proper delivery, but it works for me at times. 
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 08:24AM »

I just heard Celtic Thunder's version of this song last night (they were on PBS).  I heard Lisa singing it in my head throughout it.  My thought was and is definitely that Lisa's version is THE version of this song!

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 04:49PM »

I woke up with it stuck in my head

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 05:13PM »

Lisa. Caledonia. My favorite. I watch it every evening on The Greatest Journey DVD. Every evening. Lisa with Helen, Ann, Kira, Lorraine, Roisin and Rosemary. The best!! And, I listen to it in my vehicle every day. Can't get enough of it!! Every day!! Love it!!

... Bill

Maggie
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 10:52AM »

Lisa. Caledonia. My favorite. I watch it every evening on The Greatest Journey DVD. Every evening. Lisa with Helen, Ann, Kira, Lorraine, Roisin and Rosemary. The best!! And, I listen to it in my vehicle every day. Can't get enough of it!! Every day!! Love it!!... Bill

Yes, it's great.
It brings a smile to my face when I remember how adorable it was to see Lisa singing this onstage, when she was clearly pregnant with Ellie.......as she sang:

"I don't know if you can see
the changes that have come over me".....

everyone in the audience was smiling with her.

Then when she sang "The Blessing", placing her hand over Ellie.......there was not a dry eye in the house.

Lisa certainly knows how to draw out all our emotions......

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 04:23PM »

Lisa. Caledonia. My favorite. I watch it every evening on The Greatest Journey DVD. Every evening. Lisa with Helen, Ann, Kira, Lorraine, Roisin and Rosemary. The best!! And, I listen to it in my vehicle every day. Can't get enough of it!! Every day!! Love it!!... Bill

Yes, it's great.
It brings a smile to my face when I remember how adorable it was to see Lisa singing this onstage, when she was clearly pregnant with Ellie.......as she sang:

"I don't know if you can see
the changes that have come over me".....

everyone in the audience was smiling with her.

Then when she sang "The Blessing", placing her hand over Ellie.......there was not a dry eye in the house.

Lisa certainly knows how to draw out all our emotions......

Yep. I remember that Maggie. At Raleigh and West Palm Beach ... Fall 2007 Tour. Lisa. She's an Angel from Heaven above.

... Bill

lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 06:12AM »

Lisa's version is far superior to CT. But with he voice any song she dose is far superior. Her voice is a gift from heaven. She has one that comes along only once in a generation.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 12:52PM »

Lisa's version is far superior to CT. But with he voice any song she dose is far superior. Her voice is a gift from heaven. She has one that comes along only once in a generation.

Yes, I find her voice so unique and wonderful, like a siren, spitfire, yet entrancing, not strident as so many other voices are...so perhaps you are right...shes the one and only of her generation!!!..When she comes out on stage and smiles at
people in the audience, she knows she was born to perform, like her husband Scott Porter said of her and the others.

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 05:27AM »

I woke up with it stuck in my head

I go to sleep dreaming of it

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: