Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best signing and meet and greet ever.  (Read 29168 times)
Artist1

« on: December 07, 2008, 09:32PM »

Needless to say the Baton Rouge signing could not compare to anything I have ever experenced, there were only about 125 lined up for this and all expextations were far exceeded. Pictures were taken, video by a few and the ladies were exeptional, they went over and above for all who attended, if I can gather my thoughts and come down from the clouds I'm in I hope to explain it.
  We arrived about 9:45 to find about 10 people waiting, Sandy was at the head of the line, who I must say was a god send, we were told that nothing but purchased Barnes and Noble cd and dvd would be signed but when the doors opened and we went to get our wrist bands we were surprised there were plenty red ones for the 1:30 line which was the first line to be received.
  We found out from the girl handing out wrist bands that anything brought in not for sale at Barnes and Noble could be signed, well we realized we didn't have anthing except my prints of the portraits I did, that is where a friend of ours came in she saved the day with a picture for us to get signed besides the cd we purchased.
   After talking for a while we all left either for breakfast or as we did, for lunch. We returned to Barnes and Noble to see if anyone had arrived but we were first out of the people we knew to get there, shortly after Sandy and Jody arrived, we wandered in to find where they would be signing then met some people we already knew and some new people, Ryan and Norma from Texas, Phillip and Susan from Birmingham, Lester, and John and a few others that right now I can't recollect, we stood for quite some time before getting into line around 1:45, to my surprise we were way back in line.
   We waited until about 2:35 or so when a man on the balcony started playing the bagpipes, we then realized they were entering the signing area. I saw Lisa first then Orla, I couldn't see the rest because we were behind the bookshelves, the camera's started going off right awayl
    We were in line for about an hour or a little less by the time we got to the signing table, as I did I gave Joann my Christmas Cards and ornaments for the ladies, also Rachel, David and Alex as they were not there. I asked Joann if I could give the presents Scott sent me from the Mairead forum and she said that would be ok, it contained several gifts from the Mairead forum members and cards. I finally got to go next and Chloe greeted me and I gave her the cd to sign, I also told her I was the one who gave her the framed portrait and she thanked me and shook my hand and told me it was above the fireplace in her moms house, next was Lynn, she signed the cd and I gave her a copy of the portrait to sign and told her the real portrait was coming at the end of the signing, she was so gracious and thanked me shook my hand and next I met Mairead, I gave her the gift bag full of cards and presents and roses, her face just lit up, I explained to her Scott had sent me those from her forum and I was honored to give them to her, I asked her if she liked my portriat from last spring and she said oh my it was so lovely and thanked me and shook my hand. Next was dear Orla, I told her it was so nice to finally meet her up close instead of talking to her from a distance after I gave her the portrait I did for her over a year ago, she lit up and thanked me, shook my hand not once not twice but held my hand with both of hers, you can imagine how my mind was swimming after all this, of course last but definitely not least dear Lisa, I gave her a copy of the portrait I did and she signed it, and as I told Lynn I told Lisa it will be coming at the end, I had already arranged it with Joann, she shook my hand thanked me so very much and I waited for Brenda to get through the line, as we did we picked up our signed items and I was off to the car to get the portraits.
   What happened next I didn't expect, I came back in and they were forming a line of people to get pictures taken with them, I never expected them to tell me I can present my pcitures to the girls and pose with them and the portraits, I was ecstatic.
I was even having trouble breathing because it just took my breath away, posing with all five of the girls with my portraits in front of them, my head was swimming. I posed with my arms them as they stood on each side of me. To top it all of Lisa came over and started something I just never expected, she gave me such a hug as to take my breath away and that started it, now Lynn hugged me then Chloe, Mairead and as I was walking away Orla reached out for me and just gave me the sweetest hug ever. Nothing will ever surpass this, that I could ever imagine, I asked Brenda to pinch me to see if it was real and to show how dazed I was I almost forgot my portfolio.
  A great day with the greatest ladies I have ever met, thank you god for the gift of a lifetime.Brenda and  Phillip took pictures I will post when I get and chance.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:55PM by Artist1 » Logged

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58PM »

What a truly wonderful day you had!!  A dream all of us would like to have come true, for sure. You worked hard and the girls knew that. They are just an unbelievable class of Ladies. Congratulations on a job well done and a reward the rest of us but wish could happen to us.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04PM »

What a great day indeed!  It's so wonderful that you were able to get your picture taken with them.  I do so hope that one day I can make it to a signing where I can get my photo with them (and I have my camera ready LOL).  I'm so glad you were able to deliver your portraits.  They were/are a labor of love, and I'm sure the girls know that.  Congratulations!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFart

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:52PM »

WOW! That's fantastic! I don't think my old heart could have taken it! That's definitely something you can always cherish!
Congratulations!
Artist1

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:43AM »

I was begining to wonder if I would make it without a panice attack lol, I was a nervous reck, dehidrated, my legs wern't holding up well and my eyes were burning, I was determined and did make it through, I thank everyone who was there, what a super great bunch of members we have on the forums, everyone helps everyone and I wish I could have done more. I was asked by a few of the members to deliver personal messages and did get to remember a few of them but forgive me for not being able to say more to them, it would have taken most of  the afternoon, I did feel however I did what I could, I didn't even get to tell the ladies all I wanted to say. I sure hope I didn't sound like an idiot, so many of them to talk to and to remember what I wanted to say to each, I sometimes stumbled and had trouble finding the words. I love them all dearly and they are my inspiration, thank you to all the ladies including Joann.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:55AM »

thank you to all the ladies including Joann.
Stan,

Really happy that it went so well.  And thank you for mentioning Joanne's part in it.  She's a very special young lady with a tough job, and she does it with great charm and grace.  I like to kid Rachel and Joanne about being such great cat-herders.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Artist1

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:08AM »

Thanks Rich, but if it wasn'te for dear Kelli and You and the forum this would have never happened. The forum's unselfish help when I couldn't find my way to what I wanted to do for the CW women was unbelievably generous, being a starving artist instead of taking the easy road is very hard and sometimes I didn't think I would make it, but all the people and especially you Rich were so helpful as to who I see and how to go about getting my artwork to them. Rachel has been especially helpful because she was the one I always was in touch with to get my work to the ladies.
  After meeting Joanne how could you not help but love her, she is very special lady with a very special job and I thank her with all my heart. I heard about her from Scott for the first time this year and she did not dissapiont. I sometimes wish I had more time to devote to the forum you created.

bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19PM »

Artist, we are so happy for you ! I'm really glad you got to present your gifts to the Ladies. Grin
And to get pictures besides..That is a truly great day..I once told Kelli that if I ever meet Orlagh, I'm sure I'd just babble a lot..so Kell could slap me if needed... Cheesy
I don't think I'd be as calm as you!
Congrats to you and our Thanks to all the people that make CW what it is!
You are amazing!
Bp

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:42PM »

Stan,  Lucky you Smiley And I understand with all that was going on and in your head and mention our personal messages to ask an mention to the ladies would be forgotten. And Rachel is a sweetie.   But what a day not to be forgotten.
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21PM »

That's so awesome for you, Stan!  What an unforgettable experience!!  Wow! Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37PM »

Wow Stan, what an amazing experience. I am so jealous of you but also glad that you had that rare chance to do what you did. Also, I am glad to hear that the package was delivered to Mairead okay. I hope she likes the gift I gave her.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 05:17PM »

Stan, we could not have been better represented!  The girls no doubt recognized the many hours of work you have spent in painting their portraits and so were enthusiastic in their appreciation!  An unforgettable experience no doubt for you, which also serves to reinforce our affection for this fantastic group of people!

I owe you particular thanks for printing my Christmas card to Mairead sent to you electronically, as I otherwise would have missed having something in the Mairead forum package.  You are a class act and you thoroughly deserved this moment!  Grin

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 06:48PM »

Awww that sounds so wonderful!!! I wish I could have been there but I'm also glad I can live vicariously through you, Stan. Cheesy

I'm glad Máiréad liked the goodies from the Mairead forum. I hope she is reading my card as we speak. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Wife2CWFan
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 07:00PM »

Stan
I am sending you Odo's pucket. Phillip is almost done with it! Grin
He melted into it when Mairead hugged him.
What a great time! I hear people spend years and tons of money tring to meet all of the ladies. WE REALLY LUCKED OUT! Smiley
We HAD A AWSOME TIME!
Look forward to Birmingham concert.
OH BTW.
From the looks of your picture you were in cloud nine. Grin
Susan
howard

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 07:02PM »

Stan,

I am so happy for you!!!
I know how proud you are of your portraits, and rightly so.  That you were able to present it in person.

This I know is the M & G of your dreams.

But one question how were you able to remember everything that happened?
If it were me i would have just fainted through the whole thing.

Congrats!!!
Howard

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: