Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new version of Beyond the Sea i found on projectplaylist.com  (Read 5161 times)
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« on: December 18, 2008, 02:26PM »

I was updating my playlist earlier on projectplaylist.com because they updated their website. I was looking for more music, and i thought to check if they put anymore CW on there. (before they had like 5 ligit CW songs Sad ) I was glad to see that they had loaded most of CW's songs on their site finally. I found a 40 second clip of Beyond the Sea that i don't think i've heard before..

http://searchbeta.playlist.com/tracks#celtic%20woman/7

here's the link to the page i found it on. can anyone tell me where they might have found this clip?

Thanks Jeff and Snookie for the banners!
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:27PM »

wow i'm slow. I just realized it's from the Greatest Journey album. lol how silly of me...

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:18PM »

Actually... you were right the first time. That's not the version from TGJ. But that is the version in its entirety. In 2006 Shizuka Arakawa skated her exhibition program to CW's You Raise Me Up, making CW an overnight sensations in Japan. That year, as they were recording ANJ, they did a special, 40 second version, of Beyond the Sea for a Japanese car commercial. The entire song was then released as a single in Japan. All of that happened before Hayley joined CW which is why she doesn't appear in either version.

aislin
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:02PM by aislin » Logged
Ceallsach

Orlagh will always be my favorite Celtic Woman

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:25PM »

This is a great find! You can hear all 40 seconds at http://www.celticmeav.com/media.html. Just scroll down to the bottome under "Audio" and the link is Celtic Woman 2006 in Japan.

ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 02:59AM »

oh wow! i totally forgot about the car commercial. well that's awesome

Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:37AM »

That is an amazing version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: