Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ''Sigma'' on YouTube  (Read 13462 times)
Celeste

« on: June 04, 2007, 02:52PM »

We are now just one day away from the long-anticipted North American release of Chloe's solo DVD, Walking in the Air.

As if to mark the occasion, a second video from that collection has now appeared on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzeR0uFHaY

"Sigma" is the second-best video from the DVD, after "Vivaldi's 'Rain'," and although, as a song, I prefer the Vivaldi, the setting of "Sigma" is even more gorgeous -- a dreamlike waterfall in an idyllic Irish landscape.

I love how Chloe's flowing blonde tresses cascade over her shoulders, echoing the waters cascading over the rocky cliff, and how the vibrant pink colour of Chloe's sweater contrasts against the lush greenery. It's a fairy-tale vision of ideal beauty, brought to life in our own day and age.

However, none of these YouTube clips even begin to suggest how gorgeous these videos are when seen on a proper television screen, and heard on a good sound system. They simply whet the appetite for the "real thing."

And fortunately, as of tomorrow, fans in North America will be able to relish in the magic of this DVD for themselves...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:02PM by Celeste » Logged

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:54PM »

I certainly am glad I got mine early. Several years early, to be precise.
Thanks for the lovely link, Celeste. Cheesy

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 03:39PM »

That's on track number 12 on Chloe's album called "Walking In The Air".

Also, I have this English verse here:

I search for the sign
That sets my soul free
My heart must be pure
So that I can find peace

My grief cannot last forever
My love will be fulfilled
I pray a sign will help me
Be all that I can be

The wind is your voice
The rain is your tears
You burning heart
And spirit set me free

Now, can you see it?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:26PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 03:56PM »

Thank you for posting the English lyrics. That's one of the reasons why I like this song -- because it's a relatively rare example of Chloe singing in Gaelic. Most often, Gaelic is associated with other members of the group, with songs like "Si Do Mhaimeo i" and "Dulaman," so it's wonderful to hear Chloe perform in this melodic language, with her sweet, soft, crystalline tones.

It also makes the verdant Irish setting that much more appropriate. It's an "essence of Irish beauty" video -- both the beauty of country, and of its loveliest daughter.

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:26PM »

I just foudn this one Youtube, its lovely, but I think I still like Vivaldi's Rain video better.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Sharky Glen

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:56PM »

Well that's the great thing about owning the DVD. You don't have to chose; you can enjoy 'em both over and over!  Grin The waterfall setting of Sigma just amazes me every time. It's too awesome to describe!

Sharing the love and blessings of Celtic Woman....Glen
nick in denver

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21PM »

oooohhhh...what would we do without youtube! Roll Eyes Grin
melle mel

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 02:06PM »

Her DVD is out today, but none of the major shops in town (Borders, FYE, Best Buy) have them in yet. What gives?  Huh
Celeste

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 02:36PM »

Her DVD is out today, but none of the major shops in town (Borders, FYE, Best Buy) have them in yet. What gives?  Huh

Really? That's a pity. Perhaps they consider it a "specialty item" that customers need to special order.

I buy almost everything online now anyway. I enjoy the convenience. And whenever things arrive in my post box, they feel almost like "gifts," surprises...

logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 02:39PM »

Thanks! I've added this one (as well as Vivaldi's Rain) to my youtube playlist.

I think I've got the most extensive youtube playlist out there.It contains 68 Celtic Woman related videos.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=38B298FB5F99AEF8

And I've made a separate one for Máiréad Nesbitt

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BEACF5442E4D61CC
oooohhhh...what would we do without youtube! Roll Eyes Grin

Here here!

If it were not for youtube,I would not have ever known that Celtic Woman existed!

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
melle mel

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 08:45PM »

Really? That's a pity. Perhaps they consider it a "specialty item" that customers need to special order.

I buy almost everything online now anyway. I enjoy the convenience. And whenever things arrive in my post box, they feel almost like "gifts," surprises...

Well I just placed an order for the DVD at the Borders site and should pick it up at the store near me within the next few days. Um yes, can't wait for a whole hours-worth of Miss Chloe goodness in 42-inches of widescreen high-definition and DTS. It'll break every window and ceramic vases in my house.

Grin

Edit: Went back to Borders today and found the one and only copy available on the shelf in the sea of CW DVDs. I'm frantically opening it right now as I speak, like I'm eight-years-old on Christmas morning.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:40PM by melle mel » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 02:01PM »

Hmm...that's the tricky touch. Roll Eyes

Just look onto the back cover and see if it's there.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 02:21PM »

Well I just placed an order for the DVD at the Borders site and should pick it up at the store near me within the next few days. Um yes, can't wait for a whole hours-worth of Miss Chloe goodness in 42-inches of widescreen high-definition and DTS. It'll break every window and ceramic vases in my house.

Grin

Edit: Went back to Borders today and found the one and only copy available on the shelf in the sea of CW DVDs. I'm frantically opening it right now as I speak, like I'm eight-years-old on Christmas morning.

As bad as this kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
melle mel

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 03:09PM »

Oh God. It was funny the first time around, then around last winter BMW pick this one up for a commercial of their 3-Series sedan and has been shown on TV every commercial break it was extremely annoying.

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 06:14PM »

Cheesy That was great!

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: