Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Lisa did for me today - Thank you, Lisa  (Read 8760 times)
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« on: February 26, 2009, 08:13AM »

There is a magical quality to Lisa's voice, don't you agree?

This morning from 5-7AM, I was taking an Air Force physical fitness test with my ROTC program. I started out doing push-ups, in which I broke my personal record - 59 in one minute! Woot! After that went downhill very fast, however. I had a sharp pain in my stomach, which hindered my sit-ups to a mere 26 in one minute. My last event, however, was a major disappointment to me. I ran my slowest mile-and-a-half time to date in my career in AFROTC (though, in my defense, I wasn't the slowest cadet). I ran a 13:13 (my fastest being an 11:45). While I was running on the outdoor track, my body was freezing, my stomach-ache turned north to my head, and there was a light rain which made me lose feeling in my arms (which, if you've studied the human body, are essential to running faster).

Here's the point to this post. Walking back to my dorm, I felt like H*ll on two legs. I couldn't go to sleep, because my mind was racing. Giving up on sleeping, I turned to Lisa's music to put out the fire in my cranium. "May It Be" did the trick right away. I wish I could describe it not as I felt it physically (which I could manage), but as I felt it spiritually. My headache went away and my body settled down.

And now, sleep is finally calling me. I feel like today is going to go back up the hill. Thank you, Lisa, for sharing your incredible talent with us.

-Angus

P.S. As badly as I did in some categories, I DID manage to pass the fitness test.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:53PM by Kelli » Logged

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Thanks Guardian of the Rose!
raven_christina
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:19AM »

She has a way of doing that, doesn't she? I gotta admit, listening to her (and Chloe, and Orla, and slowly Lynn, hehe) certainly calms me down.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:22AM »

I have to agree that listening to CW to relax is quite...uh, relaxing (couldn't think of a better word). Glad to see you passed the test!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03PM »

I think they are so therapeutic they should be given honorary Doctorates. Grin
This, of course, in addition to thier official "Angel" status....
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28PM »

I wonder how fast Lisa can get her children to sleep? All she'd have to do, it seems, would be to sing "May It Be." haha

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

raven_christina
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:58PM »

I wonder how fast Lisa can get her children to sleep? All she'd have to do, it seems, would be to sing "May It Be." haha
But see, Lisa doesn't sing her kids to sleep. Chloe does.  Cheesy
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 02:03PM »

Oh pshh!

Well, actually, the girls are actually close enought to where that may not be too far from the truth.  Cheesy

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

raven_christina
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11PM »

Oh pshh!

Well, actually, the girls are actually close enought to where that may not be too far from the truth.  Cheesy
No really! When someone asked Lisa if she sings her boys to sleep, she replied that they preferred Chloe over her. I don't know where or when she said that, but she does state on her bio on the main page that the boys' favorite is Chloe. Now as for Ellie, well, I'm sure she prefers Mama (seeing as she heard most of the music while in utero...).
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:50PM »

That's almost sad!

Almost...

Well, Chloe is a wonderful singer as well. That's pretty funny though.

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

raven_christina
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 02:52PM »

When I heard that I laughed.
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:07PM »

When I was little, if I had Lisa as my mother, I'd have her sing to me EVERY night!

haha

I wonder if Chloe really does sing them to sleep!

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

raven_christina
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 03:15PM »

When I was little, if I had Lisa as my mother, I'd have her sing to me EVERY night!

haha

I wonder if Chloe really does sing them to sleep!
That's certainly an interesting thought. Cheesy
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 03:21PM »

Out of the repertoire of Celtic Woman, what would be your lullaby and who would sing it?

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 06:25PM »

Out of the repertoire of Celtic Woman, what would be your lullaby and who would sing it?
I'm not sure if The Blessing counts as a lullaby, but that's my vote!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 07:15PM »

For me, it would either be "May It Be" sung by Lisa, "Danny Boy" sung by Meav, or "Isle of Innisfree" sung by Orla.

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: