Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Songs written by David Downes  (Read 67354 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02PM »

Only vote for 1 Huh Grin
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 08:38AM »

Wow, that voting set up was cool, neat, the bomb...etc..I clicked on my favorite, and yes, it is very difficult to narrow it down to one choice, but that is what the author asked us to do, so I clicked on "The Soft Good-Bye" because it is a powerful, eloquent song with many different interpretations...I was happy to see it is a big favorite of others as well. I can just hear.."rain comes over the grey hills and on the Air a soft good-bye"  and when Lisa comes in on the off-beat of STAR in the evening sky...is your love waiting there for me... so immensely powerful of the journey we must ultimately take, and the assurance that love is waiting..and yes I learned to night from a Forum Member that The ANGEL's SONG was written by David Downes and sung by Chloe at Age 13...so perfectly.

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
MaryNorth93
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 02:01PM »

*sigh* This is a hard choice.. A really hard choice.

I think the best is The Soft Goodbye. A lovely building of notes and lyrics.. And a main thing, the lyrics are not constantly reapeated. In most songs are the lyrics most of the time repeated, what I not always like.
And af course Christmas Pipes is great Grin And I love Send Me a Song.. It's so tender Wink

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 01:59AM »

Yes, a very tough choice, but I voted for The Soft Goodbye.
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 10:24PM »

I am finally wandering around the forum to new topics and I found this one...not too late...ahem!
I voted for "Send Me A Song"...that was one of the first songs I heard CW sing.  Lisa resembled a
close friend (who was killed tragically) in voice and looks and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
That and "May It Be" (I know David didn't write it) were mesmerizing to me and have stayed favorites
every since.  What a talent!!

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2009, 04:41AM »

Sorry, I just couldn't pick one. As with everyone else, they are all outstanding and I feel like I would be slighting the others to try to pick a favorite.  Each time I hear one I say " That's it!!"  but then another starts and---   I know all of you understand what I mean.   Wouldn't it be great if David and the girls made a CD  ( Or better a DVD !!!!)  of  " The Songs of David Downes" !!  Talk about a chart topper!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2009, 02:20PM »

Gosh... I think they all are my favourites.
I can't pick one. David is a genious. I love the begginig of One World, The Blessing is so special to me, I love At The Ceili, Granuaile's Dance makes me smile.. all theese songs are special

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04AM »

Yes, a very tough choice, but I voted for The Soft Goodbye.

I did too, it is soo expressive of what we all have to do sooner or later...and I love the way it shows what
we VOTED in bold print...just in case we couldn't remember what we voted for......
I also am partial to the Sky, The Dawn and the Sun now since Brian posted the words...and I got to see what
they are really singing about...it is a terrific song !!  David rocks !!

shankdee

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2009, 06:46PM »

Ah!  I'm torn!  My favorite Lisa solo and one of my 2 favorite group numbers are both on there!  I had no idea David wrote at the Ceili!

Well....I'll go with SMaS just because it's a Lisa solo and I love the piano in it!

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2009, 12:21PM »

Ahhhh!! Too many to choose!!!!!  I love all of those songs!!!!  I'd say Send Me a Song, but then I love At the Ceili, then I love The Soft Goodbye and Sing Out.  Its so hard to pick just one!!!!  How about a choice for "all of the above" Huh  haha   Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27PM »

I must add that he is a brilliant brilliant man!  To be able to compose/write music is just amazing to me!  His songs are fantastic and I HIGHLY enjoy listening to them!!!!! 

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2009, 02:31AM »

Nobody voted for Granuaille's Dance  Shocked
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2009, 01:15PM »

I love them all!!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47PM »

The Soft goodbye is one of my favorites, but I love all of them!

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 06:02AM »

The Soft goodbye is one of my favorites, but I love all of them!

So I take it you DID vote for it, Talia??? I know I did and it is now the leading Choice if i am not mistaken. I also
love the other songs as they are so well done by C W...It is just that the Polls ask us to vote for ONE...
I wonder what David has got cooking now??

shankdee

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: